Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

I don't quite understand why nibbling around the margins of hand gun transactions is such a big deal, while it is perfectly fine to allow Iran to develop nuclear-tipped intercontinental ballistic missiles. The latter will wind up killing more people in one strike than have died from handgun usage in all of US history.

Seems a bit myopic to me.
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      I don't quite understand why nibbling around the margins of hand gun transactions is such a big deal, while it is perfectly fine to allow Iran to develop nuclear-tipped intercontinental ballistic missiles or North Korea to test the "H-Bomb of Justice". The latter will wind up killing more people in one strike than have died from handgun usage in all of US history.

Updated your post.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I don't quite understand why nibbling around the margins of hand gun transactions is such a big deal, while it is perfectly fine to allow Iran to develop nuclear-tipped intercontinental ballistic missiles. The latter will wind up killing more people in one strike than have died from handgun usage in all of US history.

This question has been raised multiple times. And it seems to me the answer is always the same. Why do we need to only work one of the problems? As Americans, we are fully capable of addressing nuclear weapons and gun deaths at the same time.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          This question has been raised multiple times. And it seems to me the answer is always the same. Why do we need to only work one of the problems? As Americans, we are fully capable of addressing nuclear weapons and gun deaths at the same time.
          Maybe combine the two. Send gun owners to Iran!

Really the US has dozens of problems to solve. Playing one on the others to try and minimize the issue you (royal you?) have strong feelings about is poor form.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            It's just a concern troll tactic to try to stifle discussion or action. "Why do we put money into food safety when traffic accidents kill thousands more than poisonings!?"
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Could it be that it's slightly trickier to regulate the actions of a sovereign nation?

Comment

Chicago PD takes a big step forward in accountability.

Comment

I would hazard to guess that this is the single most contentious issue in the state of Minnesota (with a slim possibility of just size of govt). The state has far more gun owners than average (due to sizable forest lands) and the cities is one of the nation's most liberal. The only thing that moderates the debate here is Minnesota nice (def: the ability to put a smile on your face even though internally you are approaching nuclear meltdown).
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

I don't quite understand why preventing abortion is such a big deal, while it is perfectly fine to allow Iran to develop nuclear-tipped intercontinental ballistic missiles. The latter will wind up killing more people in one strike than have died from abortions in all of US history.

FYP.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Comment

• Re: Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

http://conservativetribune.com/white...fact-reporter/
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

So a parent of yours says they want to commit suicide and you hand them a gun?
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Subscribed
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

http://libertyfirstnews.com/he-sat-q...he-responded/#

Comment

• Clickbait headline at its finest.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                Clickbait headline at its finest.
                                And yet, if you actually read the contents, you'll find a perfectly valid point.

Comment

Working...
                                X