Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

I keep all our guns secured, not because I'm concerned about my son, but because I don't know all his friends that well and I'd prefer to free him from any peer pressure regarding handling them. When he was 13 I was quite concerned about that issue, although he had firearm safety training when he was 12 (as did I).

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      Nice. Add a bounty policy and we can take care of terrorists, drug dealers, and illegally married gays.
      Exactly. It's a win win win.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        and any other people we deem to be not like us.
        Which, for you gopher fans, is just about everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Free gun for all at 18. Mandatory gun safety course in Elementary, Junior, and High Schools. Mental State irrelevant. Your responsible for your own protection.

Done.
          From your keyboard to God's (?) , Black Lives Matters (?), ears.
          http://www.npr.org/2015/04/02/396869...r-self-defense

I'm all for it. The folks willing to follow the law and choose to legally and responsibly arm themselves for self-defense are folks I'd like to meet.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            I wouldn't send my worst enemy to Michigan.
            Took me a second ... masterfully played.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

I'm all for it. The folks willing to follow the law and choose to legally and responsibly arm themselves for self-defense are folks I'd like to meet.
              Even the nuttiest of the gun nuts I meet at work are serious and responsible about gun safety. That is basically why I changed my mind from "guns are 19th century fetishes, who would anybody actually need them?" to "who am I to judge -- as long as they're following the rules and the rules are kept up to date, meh, it makes them happy and happiness is rare enough as it is."

Even as I become ever more liberal as I roll up life experience, I become less concerned about responsible people using hand guns as worry beads or rifles to go shooting. I would hope they would be pressing to keep weapons out of the hands of psychos since they, after all, are most likely to come into contact with those psychos. Localities ought to be able to regulate to the community standard, though. The 2nd Amendmenteers who come in and overturn city ordinances banning guns are not only coming from a silly perspective (conspiracy theories and fantasies about resisting tyranny argle bargle) but they are also guilty of exactly what they decry the most on most other issues: forcing a top down one size fits all policy onto everybody regardless of what they themselves want.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There is whole bunch f them in Oregon...dont let the door hit ya
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  There is whole bunch f them in Oregon...dont let the door hit ya
                  I have a personal boycott against the State of Oregon*. You'll have to go as my proxy.

*It's one of ten that does not recognize/offer reciprocity for my ND Class I concealed carry license: HI, CA, OR, IL, MD, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA.
                  Last edited by The Sicatoka; 01-07-2016, 10:45 AM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I have a personal boycott against the State of Oregon*. You'll have to go as my proxy.

*It's one of ten that does not recognize/offer reciprocity for my ND Class I concealed carry license: HI, CA, OR, IL, MD, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA.
                    Poor baby. It must be tough to go through life so scared.
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      Poor baby. It must be tough to go through life so scared.
                      As I've said here before, I've had enough life experience to understand there are times it's only you there to fend for yourself (be it against man or nature). I've decided to stop being reactionary and scared, and instead I'd rather be self-reliant.

But yes, please keep attempting to belittle me with condescending tones. Your small, failed attempts humor me.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        ... using hand guns as worry beads ...
                        Never thought of it that way before, but yes, I think I do.
                        When I'm on the range my mind clears the clutter because I know I have to safely and responsibly deal with the task (literally) at hand.
                        I come away mentally refreshed.

I guess my worry beads are 4/10 of an inch in diameter.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Never thought of it that way before, but yes, I think I do.
                          When I'm on the range my mind clears the clutter because I know I have to safely and responsibly deal with the task (literally) at hand.
                          I come away mentally refreshed.

I guess my worry beads are 4/10 of an inch in diameter.
                          As William James once said, "if you believe you're playing well because you're getting laid, or because you're not getting laid, or because you wear women's underwear, then you are."

I may be paraphrasing.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sure am glad my father has gone to eternal rest, otherwise, JF_Gophers would be sending dad to the big house for teaching firearms safety and letting his (age 11) son fire a .22 caliber rifle. (I didn't get to fire any handguns until 13.)
                            I was firing bb guns at summer camp at age 10 and .22s at 11and 12.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              As William James once said, "if you believe you're playing well because you're getting laid, or because you're not getting laid, or because you wear women's underwear, then you are."

I may be paraphrasing.
                              The William James I know wouldn't say that. I believe it's which sock he put on first on game day.

PS - Be sure to note the guy's hometown.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Anybody see Flag recently?
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X