Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 286

Thread: Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

  1. #241
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    5,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Drew meant a win for insane psychos with teeny tiny wangs
    Our country does not need gun confiscation. Hardly anyone even does because of Ďassault rifles.í

  2. #242
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    8,075

    Re: Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

    Our Country doesnít need guns either, so not understanding your point.

  3. #243
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    32,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Big win for gun owners in Virginia today.
    What are my searches not divulging that happened in VA today?

  4. #244
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    32,492
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Did he stay on public property?
    Is it legal in VA to carry a rifle uncased in public?


    The shooting range I frequent mandates all weapons (handgun, rifle) must be cased from car to firing line (the exception being legal concealed carry is considered "cased").
    Those are empty qualifiers and your argument rings hollow at best. What was the intent of showing up armed to patrol the perimeter of the delegateís home? It wasnít to wish him a friendly good morning.

  5. #245
    Kicizapi Cetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    15,389

    Re: Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    What are my searches not divulging that happened in VA today?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=virg...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  6. #246
    Kicizapi Cetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    15,389

    Re: Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Those are empty qualifiers and your argument rings hollow at best. What was the intent of showing up armed to patrol the perimeter of the delegate’s home? It wasn’t to wish him a friendly good morning.
    I was trying to figure out if he should be charged with something. (Sure wish grandstanding was a misdemeanor.)
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  7. #247
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    32,492
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    I was trying to figure out if he should be charged with something. (Sure wish grandstanding was a misdemeanor.)
    Trespassing wouldnít be the charge, but attempts at coercion and intimidation, depending upon how many loopholes are in VAís legal codes, should be on the table.

  8. #248
    Kicizapi Cetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    15,389

    Re: Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Trespassing wouldn’t be the charge, but attempts at coercion and intimidation, depending upon how many loopholes are in VA’s legal codes, should be on the table.
    If it's legal to carry an uncased rifle in public, and stayed off private property, he was out for a walk on public thoroughfares.

    Was what he was doing grandstanding? Yup. Was it smart? Nope.

    (That's why I asked about the case your rifle law in VA.)
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  9. #249
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    30,844

    Re: Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    If it's legal to carry an uncased rifle in public, and stayed off private property, he was out for a walk on public thoroughfares.

    Was what he was doing grandstanding? Yup. Was it smart? Nope.

    (That's why I asked about the case your rifle law in VA.)
    It might have been technically legal, but it's not a huge leap to say he was threatening said lawmaker.
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

    Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

    Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

    Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

  10. #250
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    5,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Our Country doesnít need guns either, so not understanding your point.
    No one is forcing you to own one. Itís just like not forcing people to have abortions.

  11. #251
    Kicizapi Cetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    15,389

    Re: Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    It might have been technically legal, but it's not a huge leap to say he was threatening said lawmaker.
    Don't try to be a mindreader. You can only observe what he did (and apparently what he did was legal).
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  12. #252
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    32,492

    Re: Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Don't try to be a mindreader. You can only observe what he did (and apparently what he did was legal).
    When you take individual acts, you can make a case against anything being wrong with his actions. When you group hid Facebook posts, other statements, the date of this presence, and probably more that’s not shared in the article, the man is clearly trying to threaten the delegate.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  13. #253
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    31,965

    Re: Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    No one is forcing you to own one. Itís just like not forcing people to have abortions.
    The difference is, if a woman wants to have an abortion, the risk to you, Drew, is zero in all possible circumstances. Not here, not in the afterlife, not even future generations.

    If you own a gun and some day you decide youíve have enough of Target and everyone who shops there, if Deutsche is shopping there that day, itís not so good for her.

    So hopefully now you can see why you just make one of the most infantile fóking arguments I have ever heard on USCHO. Maybe ever. So congrats?

  14. #254
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    8,075
    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    The difference is, if a woman wants to have an abortion, the risk to you, Drew, is zero in all possible circumstances. Not here, not in the afterlife, not even future generations.

    If you own a gun and some day you decide youíve have enough of Target and everyone who shops there, if Deutsche is shopping there that day, itís not so good for her.

    So hopefully now you can see why you just make one of the most infantile fóking arguments I have ever heard on USCHO. Maybe ever. So congrats?
    It was so bad I didnít know how to reply.

    Proves my point no one with a brain needs assault rifles

  15. #255
    Rebuilding
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    12,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    No one is forcing you to own one. Itís just like not forcing people to have abortions.
    You...need to shut up.

  16. #256
    Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Black Lodge
    Posts
    34,813

    Re: Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    No one is forcing you to own one. Itís just like not forcing people to have abortions.
    We really ought to consider enacting the latter for fascist sympathizers though. Especially when they go out parading around the perimeters of homes of people they disagree with, whilst openly packing.

  17. #257
    ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    The Workers' Paradise
    Posts
    73,011

    Re: Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Don't try to be a mindreader. You can only observe what he did (and apparently what he did was legal).
    This is why motive isn't allowed to be considered in criminal cases.

    Now I want to see black men open carrying in the perimeter around police departments. Because there's nothing provocative about a strictly legal action.
    Last edited by Kepler; 02-17-2020 at 09:53 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

  18. #258
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    120,865

    Re: Gun Control 1: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    It might have been technically legal, but it's not a huge leap to say he was threatening said lawmaker.
    This. If this came to some questioning, I would ask what other reason would he have to do this?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  19. #259
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    8,075
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    This. If this came to some questioning, I would ask what other reason would he have to do this?
    You sayin if you had a crush on a neighbor woman, you wouldnít strap on your finest assault rifle and pace outside her property line to win her over????

  20. #260
    unofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Posts
    19,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    This is why motive isn't allowed to be considered in criminal cases.
    Who and the what now?

    Or does my sarcasm detector need recalibration?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •