Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the problem!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the probl

I watched USA vs Canada from Helsinki. It really sucks *** seeing the kids we had a shot at playing elsewhere and kids from WI not playing here. Although it happens a little every year, the scope of it recently is eye opening, but I guess nobody at UW gives a ****.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the probl

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      I watched USA vs Canada from Helsinki. It really sucks *** seeing the kids we had a shot at playing elsewhere and kids from WI not playing here. Although it happens a little every year, the scope of it recently is eye opening, but I guess nobody at UW gives a ****.
      Yep. Mike Eaves really ****ed up, especially with Boeser. Boy he is a talent.

Comment

I won't be watching, listening, or there, (January 1st? Really, UW?), but should we hold our collective breaths on Friday against Trinity Western? By the way, props to them for traveling from B.C. to Madison and Omaha.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I won't be watching, listening, or there, (January 1st? Really, UW?), but should we hold our collective breaths on Friday against Trinity Western?
          Personally I do give a rat's butt about that game. My input would be play all the guys that were brought in for practice fodder and have Grunwald and Miller split time. The end result is meaningless. Don't get any top 9 guys hurt. UW should have made the tix 5 bucks and paid off the parking lot owners for free parking. Or charged full price but made all the concessions free.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

My son is taking me to a UW men's game as a Christmas present, what a nice boy er, man. I was perusing the available seating and there are a lot of 2nd tier seats available for the non UM or UM series. I want to get some first row 2nd tier seats. I'll probably do the OSU or Alaska series, I'd like to have the highest odds of seeing a winning game in person. I need to wash the last game a I saw out of my mind, a Saturday night thrashing by the wolverines last year.

The same son as mentioned above received the Wild Heatley jersey from me and the wife that I brought up prior to Christmas. He opens it, holds it up and says "You know I can't wear this in public." My response was "DUH, I never want to see it on your body period". He agreed 100%, though he does like Suter a lot, as he should.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              My son is taking me to a UW men's game as a Christmas present, what a nice boy er, man. I was perusing the available seating and there are a lot of 2nd tier seats available for the non UM or UM series. I want to get some first row 2nd tier seats. I'll probably do the OSU or Alaska series, I'd like to have the highest odds of seeing a winning game in person. I need to wash the last game a I saw out of my mind, a Saturday night thrashing by the wolverines last year.

The same son as mentioned above received the Wild Heatley jersey from me and the wife that I brought up prior to Christmas. He opens it, holds it up and says "You know I can't wear this in public." My response was "DUH, I never want to see it on your body period". He agreed 100%, though he does like Suter a lot, as he should.
              Well, I just watched OSU take down BC in the Florida College Hockey Classic. This was right after watching Cornell hand PC their first loss of the year 2-1 in overtime. #1 PC will play #4 BC in the consolation game. Crazy night of hockey.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Does anybody know what system we are running this year? It's not the 1-1-3...

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Hey Tim, many years ago your signature stated your kid's commitment to UW. Well, did they sign with NoDak? BC? or still too young?

Kidding of course....you're one of the highly respected. MCR Jr didn't end up on the hockey trail (except for beer league in Louisville), but he's kicking *** in the real world!

Comment

Bit of good (albeit old) news: Pavelski has been named captain of the Sharks. Presumably he has been all season, but I just noticed when I chanced upon a sharks game on NBCSN.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      Bit of good (albeit old) news: Pavelski has been named captain of the Sharks. Presumably he has been all season, but I just noticed when I chanced upon a sharks game on NBCSN.
                      Pavs has become an elite player in the NHL this year. He just keeps getting better, if the Sharks make the playoffs it will be because Pavs carried them there. As true of a Wisconsin kid as you can get. Wisconsin youth hockey(champs)->Wisconsin high school hockey(champs)->UW(champs)

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Personally I do give a rat's butt about that game. My input would be play all the guys that were brought in for practice fodder and have Grunwald and Miller split time. The end result is meaningless. Don't get any top 9 guys hurt. UW should have made the tix 5 bucks and paid off the parking lot owners for free parking. Or charged full price but made all the concessions free.
                        Looks like only Alex Shuchuk will be playing out of that group, with Grunwald backing up Jurusik.

Comment

Kunin, Rockwood, Tischke, and Hughes not playing today.
                          WISCONSIN BADGERS
                          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Hey Tim, many years ago your signature stated your kid's commitment to UW. Well, did they sign with NoDak? BC? or still too young?

Kidding of course....you're one of the highly respected. MCR Jr didn't end up on the hockey trail (except for beer league in Louisville), but he's kicking *** in the real world!
                            Wow, that was a long time ago, you have one heck of a memory old timer....son #1 is a So. in college and son #2 is a Sr. in HS. Son #1 gave up hockey in 6th grade (financial) and son #2 had it taken away in 4th grade (other priorities). We still play in the basement rink and obviously are very engaged in both the men's and women's programs. Good to hear Jr. is still strapping the pads on. Best wishes on the New Year to you and yours.

Bummer the cannon fodder fellas aren't getting to play today. This game will be ugly with the lads all hung over or at least super tired from last night. 2 nights to 1 am plus for this old fart is a lot to handle.

Comment

Sounds like Werenski might be leaving Michigan.

Edit: here's the link

There are loud whispers that Zach Werenski, the Michigan defenseman whom the Blue Jackets took with the No. 8 overall pick in the NHL draft last June, is unhappy in college and thinking of turning pro. The Jackets have had major difficulties on the blue line this season, and some believe the sophomore could help immediately.

As captain of Team USA at the world junior championship, Werenski has been in the news a lot lately. He had a goal and two assists in a 10-1 rout of Switzerland on Wednesday and now has two goals, three assists and a plus-5 rating in three games.
                              Last edited by IndianaBadger1995; 01-01-2016, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                                Sounds like Werenski might be leaving Michigan.

Edit: here's the link
                                Didn't the kid just turn 18? Has some growing to do.
                                WISCONSIN BADGERS
                                NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                                WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                                WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                                B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                                Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Working...
                                X