Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the problem!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the probl

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Hey, UND lost the Potulny brothers from Grand Forks to the gophers and had to watch them lead the gophs to back-to-back titles. To see the Gophers win a title is a painful thing. To help them win it with one of your own is the ultimate sin.
    "Lost" as in they were committed to UND and then switched, or "lost" as in they happen to be from Grand Forks?

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the probl

Hey, UND lost the Potulny brothers from Grand Forks to the gophers and had to watch them lead the gophs to back-to-back titles. To see the Gophers win a title is a painful thing. To help them win it with one of your own is the ultimate sin.
      Yeah... Boesser and gopher titles... really cheering us up, there burd. Bet you're a real hit at funerals.

Not that it matters but I think Grant has two gopher rings and Ryan came in the year after. Also seems like I remember Ryan having a ton of goals while not winning a title playing with Kessel in '06. Heh... Kessel... '06... Actually, I do feel better now.

On the Potulny's who's really ahead in the long run anyway? Sure, you guys didn't win a title, but those two guys have to go through their whole lives being from Grand Forks.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

The fact they escaped living in GF for the rest of their lives means the brothers won.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Yeah... Boesser and gopher titles... really cheering us up, there burd. Bet you're a real hit at funerals.
          Parise, you Badger fans are so high maintenance. Try the UND way--just strap em on and get in a fight with someone. That usually puts the world right again.

Comment

Parise, you Badger fans are so high maintenance. Try the UND way--just strap em on and get in a fight with someone. That usually puts the world right again.
            No time for that, the boys are studying for exams.

Oh... I know this might seem very odd in Grand Forks, but at UW they've decided that 120 credits in recreational ice fishing and wagon wheel repair apparently will not constitute a degree. Plus, it seems the boys actually have to take their exams themselves, these days.

Whole thing's become rather a bore, if you ask me... speaking of which, that just sounds like a good way to spill my iced mocha on my new topsiders.
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

No time for that, the boys are studying for exams.

Oh... I know this might seem very odd in Grand Forks, but at UW they've decided that 120 credits in recreational ice fishing and wagon wheel repair apparently will not constitute a degree. Plus, it seems the boys actually have to take their exams themselves, these days.
              They better be studying, because they sure don't have a future playing hockey.

Comment

They better be studying, because they sure don't have a future playing hockey.
                That remains to be seen, but they'll be ok either way. They are all taking a masters course in corporate raiding. Currently they're covering how to infiltrate a successful concern and drive down it's value to historic lows. (making it vulnerable to hostile takeover) I believe Barry is teaching it.
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

That remains to be seen, but they'll be ok either way. They are all taking a masters course in corporate raiding. Currently they're covering how to infiltrate a successful concern and drive down it's value to historic lows. (making it vulnerable to hostile takeover) I believe Barry is teaching it.
                  An exception to the old adage: "Those can't do, teach."

Comment

An exception to the old adage: "Those can't do, teach."
                    Seems like you're trying to say Mike Eaves was one heck of a hockey player.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Just curious, how much does Barry make? Is he really getting over a million?
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Any other Wisconsin coaching retirements announced today? Just asking,,,,
                        2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                        2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                        2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                        2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                        2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                        Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                        1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                          Barry will make $1.01 million this year in salary and is under contract until 2018. $500k comes from UW athletics, the rest from gift funds from the UW foundation. He is in the top 10 in AD pay nationally and top three in the B1G. (with OSU, Nebraska being very similar). Vanderbilt's David Wiliams is #1 at $3.3 million, although he is vice chancellor as well.

In Barry's defense, I suppose you could argue that despite the issues with Hockey, as a group, the 23 sports at UW have done fairly well overall during his tenure. Or at the very least, UW athletics is generating a lot of money, ranking #2 in the nation in revenue at over $100 million.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                            Any other Wisconsin coaching retirements announced today? Just asking,,,,
                            based on one of the rumors on the board previously that they didn't want to fire eaves because they were looking for a football and basketball coach (true or not, just rumors in one of the previous two threads this was covered) Makes me think barry and co. could use it as an excuse to keep MM around for a little while longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                              Since it is a public institution, you can see all employees salaries (not sure where you get the "gift funds" information from). Here is a link to a searchable database: http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...a4bcf887a.html

This shows Barry at $500k, Eaves at $236k, Bo Ryan at $400k. Direct link to Madison Athletics salaries over $200k: http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...rrentPageSize=
                              Last edited by Innova; 12-16-2015, 12:40 PM.

Comment

For Christmas I asked for a coaching change at Wisconsin.....Santa you screwed up the order!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X