Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the problem!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the probl

Was at the hoops game today and when they were promoting the upcoming events, the display ad for the series against OSU next weekend on the video screen(s) listed LaBahn as the venue. Hoping to be able to declare a hockey game a sellout?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Was at the hoops game today and when they were promoting the upcoming events, the display ad for the series against OSU next weekend on the video screen(s) listed LaBahn as the venue. Hoping to be able to declare a hockey game a sellout?

That's less crazy than the arena football game against Northwestern! https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...08&oe=57486C61

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the probl

I saw ex Badger Keegan Ford has committed to Tech, maybe old news but new news to da Twitta.

I read on UW's site that Soleway was majorly banged up the last series, but yet he played (not a commentary on him). If Soleway @ 60% is better than the 5th line guys @ 100%, then Eaves' whole plan of competitive practices with 101 forwards raising the bar of performance is a little weak, as many had already pointed out.

At any rate, this OSU series is critical if UW wants to do some damage in the B6. Must sweep.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Quote from Eaves presser "We have an opportunity to make hay here. We are in our own barn." MM at his best...

Comment

You know what else you find in a barn, Mike? A whole lot of horse#$%*!

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by drop_the_puck View Post
              Quote from Eaves presser "We have an opportunity to make hay here. We are in our own barn." MM at his best...
              Technically you make the hay in the field and store it in the barn. The barn is full of mice, cats, rats, bats and doo doo, usually lots of doo doo.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Technically you make the hay in the field and store it in the barn. The barn is full of mice, cats, rats, bats and doo doo, usually lots of doo doo.
                The barn is NOT full of people....anyone who has been to a game this year can attest to that.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I saw ex Badger Keegan Ford has committed to Tech, maybe old news but new news to da Twitta.
                  Funny you should mention Keegan....I was just at a Dubuque game last weekend and not sure Keegan is the answer to what ails the Badger program. Pretty knowledge hockey person that was watching the game with me made an astute comment...Ford is not a prototypical UW dman and I would have to agree. The bottom falling out of the floor of the Badger program coincides with Oz dmen recruits being replaced by Butters level guys.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                    Funny you should mention Keegan....I was just at a Dubuque game last weekend and not sure Keegan is the answer to what ails the Badger program. Pretty knowledge hockey person that was watching the game with me made an astute comment...Ford is not a prototypical UW dman and I would have to agree. The bottom falling out of the floor of the Badger program coincides with Oz dmen recruits being replaced by Butters level guys.
                    I am hopeful the new recruiters can rectify the issue with D talent. UW sure does sorely miss some offensive minded D, as a team you generally would like a couple on the roster. UW has lacked that since McCabe left. They also lack a physical presence in D as well. Sexton has done some dishing out and Tischke has shown that on film in the USHL.

Comment

Originally posted by drop_the_puck View Post
                      ...and you know what's mixed with hay in the barn......yep. Bull****.
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                        You know what else you find in a barn, Mike? A whole lot of horse#$%*!

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.
                        Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        ...and you know what's mixed with hay in the barn......yep. Bull****.
                        Wow, the hive mind is alive and well in the UW thread.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                          Wow, the hive mind is alive and well in the UW thread.
                          Great minds do think alike...
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                            Great minds do think alike...
                            Yet fools seldom differ...

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                              Yet fools seldom differ...
                              you mean the fools in the Athletic Dept right KaMiGo?
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                you mean the fools in the Athletic Dept right KaMiGo?
                                And of course everything has to come back to the administration. Don't you ever get sick of doing that?

It could have been a nice little exchange, and could have been left at that, but you had to come back and point the thread back in this direction...again...

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X