Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the problem!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the probl

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
    Didn't the kid just turn 18? Has some growing to do.
    Well, 5 months ago. Columbus is a dumpster fire. Do they really want Werenski dealing with Tortorella? I mean look at how Johansen has dealt with him. Michigan is doing well this year, why leave for a losing team? Obvious answer is $$ but he's gonna get that either way.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the probl

There were also loud whispers that Kunin would be leaving before the UND series...and then before Denver series.

Grunwald is playing the second half, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
        There were also loud whispers that Kunin would be leaving before the UND series...and then before Denver series.

Grunwald is playing the second half, by the way.
        I hope to god an organization like the Minnesota Wild will take Kunin in the first round of the draft. They always tell their players to play 2+ years of college hockey and with the current state of the Iowa Wild I don't blame them.
        Last edited by IndianaBadger1995; 01-01-2016, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Midgets probably were the best team on the ice today.

Comment

I know some of our supposed top players aren't playing, but I just turned on WIBA and it's 0-0 after 2. That's just not right.

Happy New Year to all, y'all!
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

1-0 in the third. Paddy sexton got his first goal

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                I know some of our supposed top players aren't playing, but I just turned on WIBA and it's 0-0 after 2. That's just not right.

Happy New Year to all, y'all!
                Sounds like the Badgers are heavily out-shooting them. Trinity isn't some cakewalk either. Trust me, I know.

Happy New Year to you as well!

Comment

Yay! 1 zip win! Bring on the Blind Sisters of the Poor!
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

So it's been 120+ minutes since a team scored on us. That's something, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                      Sounds like the Badgers are heavily out-shooting them. Trinity isn't some cakewalk either. Trust me, I know.
                      Are we talking about the same Trinity Western that that played their first two games against D-1 competition last season, ever, against Mankato and SCSU and were utterly destroyed in both games, getting outscored 20-1? Against Mankato, it took them less than 2 minutes to be down 3-0, ultimately losing 12-1, and got outshot for the game 53-5. SCSU shut them out 8-0 and outshot them 62-17.

Sounds to me like their goalie stood on his head today. 1-0 game, but, outshot the opponent 49-17?

Comment

It was a rather boring game. We shot but could never get close to scoring. It wasn't until after the goal that they seemed to have any sort of pep in their step. And it didn't last long.

Typical power play of all pass and little shoot. It was boring and dead hockey. Dead like the Kohl center was(which was expected)
                        Last edited by Red_Rob; 01-01-2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                          Are we talking about the same Trinity Western that that played their first two games against D-1 competition last season, ever, against Mankato and SCSU and were utterly destroyed in both games, getting outscored 20-1? Against Mankato, it took them less than 2 minutes to be down 3-0, ultimately losing 12-1, and got outshot for the game 53-5. SCSU shut them out 8-0 and outshot them 62-17.

Sounds to me like their goalie stood on his head today. 1-0 game, but, outshot the opponent 49-17?
                          So two top 10 D1 teams from last year? This current Wisconsin team certainly isn't a top 10 D1 team, at least not the first half team we saw. Mankato was on another level when it came to scoring and defending last season. Both of the games you mentioned also didn't come after winter break and on New Years day.

Their goalie absolutely stood on his head. We were rusty. Not enough killer instinct.

Comment

So two top 10 D1 teams from last year? This current Wisconsin team certainly isn't a top 10 D1 team, at least not the first half team we saw. Mankato was on another level when it came to scoring and defending last season. Both of the games you mentioned also didn't come after winter break and on New Years day.

Their goalie absolutely stood on his head. We were rusty. Not enough killer instinct.
                            Just saying that I have my doubts that TW is a very good team. They're a 10-7-2 team in the own league. Their own league considers them to be below the par of NCAA teams:

BCIHL rosters are primarily composed of junior hockey graduates with experience ranging from Major Junior (WHL, OHL, QMJHL) to Junior A (BCHL, AJHL, SJHL, etc.) and Junior B (KIJHL, VIJHL, PJHL) in Canada and the United States. In past seasons, BCIHL graduates have moved on to play at higher levels of university (CIS, NCAA) hockey and embarked on careers in professional leagues (ECHL, CHL, SPHL).
                            Noticeably absent from that paragraph are the letters "NHL" anywhere, I might add. I just looked for a list of NHL players that have played or are playing in the BCIHL and came up empty.

As far as Trinity Western is concerned, I will get to see for myself tomorrow night, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                              Just saying that I have my doubts that TW is a very good team. They're a 10-7-2 team in the own league. Their own league considers them to be below the par of NCAA teams:

Noticeably absent from that paragraph are the letters "NHL" anywhere, I might add. I just looked for a list of NHL players that have played or are playing in the BCIHL and came up empty.

As far as Trinity Western is concerned, I will get to see for myself tomorrow night, I guess.
                              I've made a big mistake. I thought we were playing Trinity, last year's D3 National Champion. My apologies.

Comment

I've made a big mistake. I thought we were playing Trinity, last year's D3 National Champion. My apologies.
                                I doubt that many of us are exactly experts when it comes to Canadian college hockey. In this case, their conference is less than 10 years old, even.

Comment

Working...
                                X