Terrible Mariucci attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Terrible Mariucci attendance

So D Dream, what city is your team playing in?
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
      I'm confused...what is the reason to cause late arrivals? Just admit Goofer fans weren't exactly looking forward to another whipping at the hands of St Cloud, and that's coming from a CCHA heritage fan. Goofers are awful and they can't even blame an 80 y/o coach like Mich fan does.
      The hurt is strong with this one.

Comment

The attendance was bad but Sunday 6PM game on Thanksgiving weekend was the reason. Student section was maybe 1/4 full, I think less. Rest of the place I'd put over half full at peak, after 2nd period the crowd started to dwindle.

Comment

Originally posted by ex_goldy View Post
          The attendance was bad but Sunday 6PM game on Thanksgiving weekend was the reason. Student section was maybe 1/4 full, I think less. Rest of the place I'd put over half full at peak, after 2nd period the crowd started to dwindle.
          Maybe all of the 21-year old freshman in the student body are boycotting the Gophers.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

They're 1-10 the last 11 games against in-state rivals. Can't blame anybody for not wanting to watch.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Keep that in mind when the Gophers host Michigan for the Thursday night game in March.
              I'll be there.
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                (c) Many pessimistic Gopher fans are no longer in any hurry to be on time to see the opening faceoff. They hang around their favorite drinking establishment, trying to ease the pain of seeing their team lose to teams they used to routinely beat. This may be the biggest reason for the late-arriving crowd.
                This sounds familiar...did you steal this from our Wisconsin thread?

I'm not trying to spam your threat at all. I saw the topic and this is something I noticed this year in particular. Sure, early season crowds (especially in arenas that hold more that 4,000 fans) are a roll-of-the-dice with football still going on, the holidays, odd game days/times. I usually watch most or a lot of Gopher games and this season the crowds seem smaller than the typical early season normal. The fact that the team seems....discombobulated I guess, for lack of a better word...probably doesn't help. Being a Badger fan I can feel your pain.
                Go Badgers!

Comment

Vegoe's article on GPL about ticket usage for the 2014/15 season.
                  http://www.gopherpucklive.com/index....=news&id=12553

Sure the U only reports tickets sold, but since it is a public institution, Vegoe was able to get the tickets scanned numbers.

Geez.... It's been a LONG time since I have been here.
                  Gopher Puck Live

Comment

The goofs are all the way down the tuuuuuuubes! Is there enough room for everyone on the bridge?
                    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                      The goofs are all the way down the tuuuuuuubes! Is there enough room for everyone on the bridge?
                      We've got some fairly long bridges around the MN River Valley.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I'm watching the Friday night replay on Big14ToGo, another night of pitiful attendance at Marriucci. I thought this palce was the Mecca of college hockey?
                        CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

I hope it was worth it, Big 14.
                          CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
                            I hope it was worth it, Big 14.
                            Considering how much money their administrators are making from mediocre football on the B1G Network, I'm sure it was.
                            BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

I believe attendance issues are because of Mike Eaves. And it's spreading across the border. Munn and Yost are next. If he gets retained, the Ralph can kiss the sell outs good bye within two years.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Traffic can be ridiculous and unpredictable for Gopher games since we're in a city with buildings taller than ten stories.

I think at the end of the season there will be a material decrease in ticket revenue, and if they try to raise season ticket prices after many constant years, Mariucci will be brutal next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X