No announcement yet.

UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    AKA pylons? We are pretty familiar
    I swear sometimes I even see some of the players in question wearing orange sweaters.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      Tonight: @UMaine 6 UNH 1
      Saturday: @UNH 2 UMaine 1 (OT)
      Geeze Chuck, I mean, I know we aren't exactly playing shut down D (using the term loosely, very loosely) but 6-1? Shoot we scored 3 against BC! If they lost that big up there may as well not even bother playing Saturday... And sure Maine had a couple of good weekends but seriously?? Guess we'll find out!!!
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-04-2015, 11:37 AM.
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Geeze Chuck, I mean, I know we aren't exactly playing shut down D (using the term loosely, very loosely) but 6-1? Shoot we scored 3 against BC! If they lost that big up there may as well not even bother playing Saturday... And sure Maine had a couple of good weekends but seriously?? Guess we'll find out!!!
        I read some comments from Correale this morning on the seacoastonline.com feed. Not going to go verbatim, but he mentioned that Alfond is a tough place to play. He went on to say it's kind of fun, etc. but the fact that a senior on this team - and one who is actually pulling his weight - even comments on issues with Alfond makes me think other (less-experienced) players may also not be thinking entirely positive thoughts for tonight's game. Admittedly there's guesswork and psych/mind-reading involved with my prediction, but with UMaine on a roll in their last four games, I can see UNH getting blown out tonight.

And then UMaine gets overconfident, and only scores 1 on Saturday night (note UNH hasn't allowed less than 2 goals in any game to date this season) and loses.

It's always easier to predict 4-3 alternating results based on stats, but that's not me ...
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          I read some comments from Correale this morning on the seacoastonline.com feed. Not going to go verbatim, but he mentioned that Alfond is a tough place to play. He went on to say it's kind of fun, etc. but the fact that a senior on this team - and one who is actually pulling his weight - even comments on issues with Alfond makes me think other (less-experienced) players may also not be thinking entirely positive thoughts for tonight's game. Admittedly there's guesswork and psych/mind-reading involved with my prediction, but with UMaine on a roll in their last four games, I can see UNH getting blown out tonight.

And then UMaine gets overconfident, and only scores 1 on Saturday night (note UNH hasn't allowed less than 2 goals in any game to date this season) and loses.

It's always easier to predict 4-3 alternating results based on stats, but that's not me ...
          ugh...I can see them saying how 'hard it was to play there' and I know that has some merit. Feel the fear and do it anyway!!! **** the torpedos!!! (uh oh, going Phyliss...) Would love to see them just rise above it all and do it anyway. And thats...just me
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Students are ready, should be rowdy if maine gets a lead
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

UNH in their whites tonight...Go 'Cats!!
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Just arrived after supper and microbrew at the Bear Brew. Alfond is packed and rockin', unlike anything I have seen at the Whitt in many years. Like Chicago Cubs fans, I guess. Reminds me of old Lively Snively.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Students are ready, should be rowdy if maine gets a lead
                  "If" being the operative word.

Comment

Corealle puts the 'Cats on the board 1-0 UNH. Couple of penalties already Pots in the box twice...Decent first period Maine had some good chances. Go 'Cats!!
                    Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-04-2015, 07:15 PM.
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

Maine dominated pretty soundly, with UNH having difficulties controlling puck all over the ice, particularly on defensive side.

Ugly maine unis. You're the black bears. Show one
                      Last edited by NCAA watcher; 12-04-2015, 07:28 PM.
                      The Souza record:
                      15-16 10th place
                      16-17 10th place
                      17-18 11th place
                      18-19 8th place
                      19-20 9th place
                      20-21 10th place
                      21-22 9th place
                      22-23 10th place

Comment

• No a lot of d being played by either team. Once again suffers from lack of skill players
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

Tirone, his pads, shoulders, and stick with 19 saves in first, unlike anything that I have seen from him this fall, and even last spring.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                            Maine dominated pretty soundly, with UNH having difficulties controlling puck all over the ice, particularly on defensive side.

Ugly maine unis. You're the black bears. Show one
                            The unis are awesome. There is a Black Bear on each shoulder pad.

Comment

• Is Tirone looking better? Is Maine that bad? Are the ugly jerseys making the Maine kids feel inferior? Have I had enough IPA? *grin*
                              Last edited by Verkligen; 12-04-2015, 07:46 PM.

Comment

UNH has a couple of snipers.....Maine doesn't. Game...set...match.

Comment

Working...
                                X