Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 297

Thread: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

  1. #1
    Quasi-Inactive
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    43 degrees 18'N by 70 degrees 58'W
    Posts
    6,786

    UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

    OK, UNH and UMaine fans....have at it!
    UNH

  2. #2
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    35,880
    Does anyone care anymore?

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    6,155
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Does anyone care anymore?
    Sure!! I mean there's 4 HE points up for grabs two struggling teams looking to avoid the HE basement why not? #32 v #42 You guys are riding a 4 game win streak we r looking to win / sweep a weekend since forever how long ago!!? 'Course it's not like the old days. Heck if I'm going up there to that hostile environment it better count for something!! 😝😉

    Ps Where DO you park yer houses in high water season anyways? 😎

  4. #4
    Yandle in The Wind
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    DC/Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Sure!! I mean there's 4 HE points up for grabs two struggling teams looking to avoid the HE basement why not? #32 v #42 You guys are riding a 4 game win streak we r looking to win / sweep a weekend since forever how long ago!!? 'Course it's not like the old days. Heck if I'm going up there to that hostile environment it better count for something!! 😝😉

    Ps Where DO you park yer houses in high water season anyways? 😎
    I'm pretty sure their New Hampshire-based landlords make that decision for them.

  5. #5
    Yandle in The Wind
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    DC/Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Does anyone care anymore?
    I do! Haven't seen a proper Black Bear/Wildcat matchup in way too long, and I'm fired up to be at the Whitt in 6 days, 3 hours and 17 minutes for puck drop.

  6. #6
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    35,880

    Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatdc View Post
    I do! Haven't seen a proper Black Bear/Wildcat matchup in way too long, and I'm fired up to be at the Whitt in 6 days, 3 hours and 17 minutes for puck drop.
    A proper matchup would have both team relevant not bottom dwellers.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  7. #7
    Yandle in The Wind
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    DC/Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    A proper matchup would have both team relevant not bottom dwellers.
    "Proper" as in the King's English usage of the word, Not in the Downeaster mangling of syntax or context.

  8. #8
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Dominical, Costa Rica
    Posts
    5,797

    Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

    Your attempts at baiting are weak. See if anyone from North Dakota or even one of the trolls from Boston College will give you lessons.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,771
    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Your attempts at baiting are weak. See if anyone from North Dakota or even one of the trolls from Boston College will give you lessons.
    Ha, we done learned how to troll from da master Nick P. :-)

  10. #10
    Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Effingwoods NH
    Posts
    13,284

    Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    A proper matchup would have both team relevant not bottom dwellers.
    Couldn't agree with you more, Wally (long time no see - hope all is well with you and yours!)

    Hoping to post a thread once we approach the break, which might bring up better quality debate - stay tuned.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    6,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more, Wally (long time no see - hope all is well with you and yours!)

    Hoping to post a thread once we approach the break, which might bring up better quality debate - stay tuned.
    Well then we should just delete this thread right here and now!!

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,771
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Well then we should just delete this thread right here and now!!
    I think that Chuck may be referring to the OOC UNH-Maine series coming up in late December, which will be worthy of another game(s) thread. But, this thread should be a classic between two teams battling for recognition in the HEA, so should not be deleted. Just my opinion, of course. :-)

  13. #13
    Yandle in The Wind
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    DC/Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,539

    Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Your attempts at baiting are weak. See if anyone from North Dakota or even one of the trolls from Boston College will give you lessons.
    Please - ND, yes, the troll is strong with them, but BC?? C'mon... since the inexplicable departures of FSteve and Chris, their Forum game is a shambles. Darling Nikki Papaginos shoots blanks.
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    6,155

    Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Well then we should just delete this thread right here and now!!
    haha was only kiddin'. I mean if Chuck doesn't wanna play, what's the point!!

    So on that note... If ya can't get into college, go to Maine! Awful and lame, I know...
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-30-2015 at 06:35 AM.
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

  15. #15
    Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Effingwoods NH
    Posts
    13,284

    Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Well then we should just delete this thread right here and now!!
    Actually I was talking about a different topic of mutual interest - UMaine and UNH, and hopefully well beyond those two - no reflection on this thread or its quality. I have much love for the UMaine-iacs, and was just lamenting what this rivalry has lost over the last decade.

    You guys will know it when you see it - sorry to be vague, but it's how we do a "teaser" at WIS Productions!
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    6,155

    Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Actually I was talking about a different topic of mutual interest - UMaine and UNH, and hopefully well beyond those two - no reflection on this thread or its quality. I have much love for the UMaine-iacs, and was just lamenting what this rivalry has lost over the last decade.

    You guys will know it when you see it - sorry to be vague, but it's how we do a "teaser" at WIS Productions!
    Can't waittttt!!!! I'm still debating if I'm gonna do the drive to the Alfond on Friday...sigh..just so long. Two years in a row now that game is played on a Friday night. Wonder what the Maine student section has in store this year...last year's was, well, you can look it up yourself...
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

  17. #17
    Seasoned Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    NO SPIN ZONE!!! Kennebunkport, Me
    Posts
    4,545

    Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Can't waittttt!!!! I'm still debating if I'm gonna do the drive to the Alfond on Friday...sigh..just so long. Two years in a row now that game is played on a Friday night. Wonder what the Maine student section has in store this year...last year's was, well, you can look it up yourself...
    Both games are on FCS if that helps in your decision making!
    GO BLUE/GO UNH

    COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

  18. #18
    Yandle in The Wind
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    DC/Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by e.cat View Post
    Both games are on FCS if that helps in your decision making!
    Helps me a ton. I was actually having some insane thoughts about landing at Logan at noon after 13 hours of travel and driving straight to Orono. FCS will suffice, and I think my wife will appreciate it. See y'all at the Whitt Saturday.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    6,155

    Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

    Quote Originally Posted by e.cat View Post
    Both games are on FCS if that helps in your decision making!
    Def does! Am not going to make the trip. My last time up there was 2 years ago and I wore NO UNH gear. Sat in one of the "premium" seats off the penalty box/ center ice. Guy next to me told me that usually college scouts sat in that seat; did I pay the 50.00 for it? yes I did. UNH lost 3-2 that evening and I drove up in a terrible snow storm. So sitting at home watching it is going to have to suffice. Basically enjoyed the game at the Alfond; not the 4.5 hrs. to get there.
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

  20. #20
    Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Effingwoods NH
    Posts
    13,284

    Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Def does! Am not going to make the trip. My last time up there was 2 years ago and I wore NO UNH gear. Sat in one of the "premium" seats off the penalty box/ center ice. Guy next to me told me that usually college scouts sat in that seat; did I pay the 50.00 for it? yes I did. UNH lost 3-2 that evening and I drove up in a terrible snow storm. So sitting at home watching it is going to have to suffice. Basically enjoyed the game at the Alfond; not the 4.5 hrs. to get there.
    Sissy. Back in the day, we'd travel up to the Downeast through raging blizzards on dog sleds, walking those final few miles from Bangor in sub-zero temps after even the dogs couldn't take it any more. Sit in cramped obstructed view seats surrounded by snaggle toothed locals stanking of liquor and tobacky, all for the privilege of watching Walshy's retroactive financially aided boys drub the SMT's by 5 goals with some help from the frightened HEA officials, who wouldn't be allowed to leave alive if the two points didn't come down decisively in the home team's favor. All while risking our future health with the fungus dripping from the asbestos-ridden arena ceiling. And if we were lucky, the UNH goalie might not be left for dead after having had a few liters of blood drained from a stray skate blade.

    ok only some of that was a slight exaggeration. i'm not entirely sure about the fungus or asbestos ...
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •