Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: BG vs. UAA don't we play this weekend?

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    984

    BG vs. UAA don't we play this weekend?

    Didn't see another thread (I think), so you're welcome.

    How about these 2 pm games uhhh!?
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

  2. #2
    Roll along you BG Warriors!
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    862

    Re: BG vs. UAA don't we play this weekend?

    Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    How about these 2 pm games uhhh!?
    What'chu talkin' 'bout Willis? Gametime is only an hour earlier for us!

  3. #3
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,929

    Re: BG vs. UAA don't we play this weekend?

    Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    Didn't see another thread (I think), so you're welcome.

    How about these 2 pm games uhhh!?
    Last year the attendance on Halloween night was horrendous. They are trying an earlier time to get butts in the seats and not interfere with kids trick or treating. Although, with the different venues around town, a lot of kids have already done theirs. I don't get why they are Sat and Sun though. I don't expect a large turnout. But we will be there, how 'bout you?
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  4. #4
    Unworthy Admirer of Alice Cooper
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wayne's Basement
    Posts
    660

    Re: BG vs. UAA don't we play this weekend?

    #FreeBaylis
    BGSU Class of 2017

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    984

    Re: BG vs. UAA don't we play this weekend?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Last year the attendance on Halloween night was horrendous. They are trying an earlier time to get butts in the seats and not interfere with kids trick or treating. Although, with the different venues around town, a lot of kids have already done theirs. I don't get why they are Sat and Sun though. I don't expect a large turnout. But we will be there, how 'bout you?
    Saturday yeah, work till 4:30 Sunday
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    984

    Re: BG vs. UAA don't we play this weekend?

    Quote Originally Posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    What'chu talkin' 'bout Willis? Gametime is only an hour earlier for us!
    Lucky, as our guests you should provide treats for us. Or we'll trick you with a foot of snow.

    But you still leave on time cuz a foot of snow ain't nothing to us.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    BG, OH
    Posts
    588

    Re: BG vs. UAA don't we play this weekend?

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Thinker View Post
    #FreeBaylis
    good one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Last year the attendance on Halloween night was horrendous. They are trying an earlier time to get butts in the seats and not interfere with kids trick or treating. Although, with the different venues around town, a lot of kids have already done theirs. I don't get why they are Sat and Sun though. I don't expect a large turnout. But we will be there, how 'bout you?
    and they seriously think that a Sunday 2PM game is gonna pack 'em in?
    afraid not even BG's dazzling awesomeness can make up for that.
    Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

  8. #8
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,929

    Re: BG vs. UAA don't we play this weekend?

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Thinker View Post
    #FreeBaylis
    Did he get a DQ in his last game? What's the deal?
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    BG, OH
    Posts
    588

    Re: BG vs. UAA don't we play this weekend?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Did he get a DQ in his last game? What's the deal?
    he got a six-game suspension for playing in a Quebec Major Junior game in like 2011.
    the Saturday game is the sixth game, but now he can't play Sunday either because the NCAA says the school can't pay for his travel until the suspension is lifted. since there's no way to fly him in after the Saturday game, the six-game suspension becomes a seven-game suspension. #FreeBaylis
    Last edited by blackswampboy; 10-30-2015 at 12:29 AM.
    Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

  10. #10
    Frozen Solid
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ANC
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    ... Or we'll trick you with a foot of snow.

    ...
    Quit talking of snow.

  11. #11
    Roll along you BG Warriors!
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    862

    Re: BG vs. UAA don't we play this weekend?

    How has the WCHA TV feed from UAA been so far? Any issues?

  12. #12
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    20,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal9K View Post
    Quit talking of snow.
    Too late.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Bowling Green, Ohio
    Posts
    816

    Re: BG vs. UAA don't we play this weekend?

    Quote Originally Posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    How has the WCHA TV feed from UAA been so far? Any issues?
    I'll let you know tomorrow night.

  14. #14
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,929

    Re: BG vs. UAA don't we play this weekend?

    Quote Originally Posted by blackswampboy View Post
    he got a six-game suspension for playing in a Quebec Major Junior game in like 2011.
    the Saturday game is the sixth game, but now he can't play Sunday either because the NCAA says the school can't pay for his travel until the suspension is lifted. since there's no way to fly him in after the Saturday game, the six-game suspension becomes a seven-game suspension. #FreeBaylis
    That sucks for Baylis, but probably good for UAA. Oh the wisdom of the NCAA, eh? UAA has been burned a few times as well.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  15. #15
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,929

    Re: BG vs. UAA don't we play this weekend?

    Quote Originally Posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    How has the WCHA TV feed from UAA been so far? Any issues?
    I paid to watch the tourney games in Fairbanks and it was pretty bad. There was a ton of static whenever the play-by-play guys talked. Not quite as bad for UAA as it was for the UA_ games. I wrote to WCHA TV and of course they said that was out of their control and is an issue with the school where the games were played.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  16. #16
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,929

    Re: BG vs. UAA don't we play this weekend?

    Great to see Woody writing a nice feature article on Anholt:

    https://www.adn.com/article/20151030/...impact-offense
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    BG, OH
    Posts
    588

    Re: BG vs. UAA don't we play this weekend?

    no surprises, still the Seniors, Juniors, Sophs, and (2/3) Frosh lines.

    Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

  18. #18
    Trying to follow the puck
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Columbus
    Posts
    206

    Re: BG vs. UAA don't we play this weekend?

    Quote Originally Posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    How has the WCHA TV feed from UAA been so far? Any issues?
    I like the UAA audio. Not the score.
    Go Falcons!

  19. #19
    Trying to follow the puck
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Columbus
    Posts
    206

    Re: BG vs. UAA don't we play this weekend?

    Quote Originally Posted by spiehler View Post
    I like the UAA audio. Not the score.
    Now I like it even less.
    Go Falcons!

  20. #20
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    20,226

    Re: BG vs. UAA don't we play this weekend?

    Well, I liked the score. SEAWOLVES WIN!!! Pinkie get the PARTY CANNON!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •