Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NMU vs MTU: How the Tables Have Turned....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU vs MTU: How the Tables Have Turned....

Sitting on this end of the table sucks... Now I know how MTU felt for most of the 2000's

Tech women are still husky though
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Re: NMU vs MTU: How the Tables Have Turned....

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Sitting on this end of the table sucks... Now I know how MTU felt for most of the 2000's

2000s? Try mid 80 onwards.

You guys are the only school I wish to suffer that level of suck but for longer. You certainly deserve it

Hoping we can build on last friday and move past the poor start on Saturday.
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

This series is going to be interesting.
      Can Tech outwork Northern for 60 minutes each night.
      I believe Evan Anderson and Vallis will get in a game this weekend, Go Huskies!
      Last edited by Huskiefan906; 10-22-2015, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Put down the bottle of Malort. We ain't "at their old end of the table" yet.

In the Mel Pearson Era (not including this season):
        Mel = 72 Wins / Walt = 61 Wins

Since NMU's NCAA appearance:
        Mel = 72 Wins + Jamie Russell = 4 Wins
        MTU total Wins = 76 / Walt = 76 Wins

Since Walt Kyle was hired:
        Mel = 72 Wins + Jamie = 70 Wins + Mike Sertich = 10 Wins
        MTU total Wins = 152 / Walt = 237

Since Tim Watters was MTU's coach:
        Mel = 72 Wins + Jamie = 70 Wins + Sertich = 25 Wins + Tim Watters = 39 Wins
        MTU total Wins = 206 / Walt = 237
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Every "my team is better than your team" argument ever:

"[date-range comparison] See?"
          "Yeahbut [date-range comparison II]!"
          "Yeahbut [date-range comparison III]!"
          Repeat ad infinitum.

Comment

It's Tech v NMU week. Time to honor one of the all-time "great" Wildcats - Craig Kowalski.
            132 games played for Northern... ONE (1) uno total point for his college career. Scoring 0.0076 pts/game has to be some kind of record for D-I hockey.
            Yes, he's a goalie, but In 132 games, how does the puck not just bounce off you onto the goal scorer's stick at least once or twice? Yep, Northern just sux.
            Go Tech!
            Ryan

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Put down the bottle of Malort. We ain't "at their old end of the table" yet.

In the Mel Pearson Era (not including this season):
              Mel = 72 Wins / Walt = 61 Wins

Since NMU's NCAA appearance:
              Mel = 72 Wins + Jamie Russell = 4 Wins
              MTU total Wins = 76 / Walt = 76 Wins

Since Walt Kyle was hired:
              Mel = 72 Wins + Jamie = 70 Wins + Mike Sertich = 10 Wins
              MTU total Wins = 152 / Walt = 237

Since Tim Watters was MTU's coach:
              Mel = 72 Wins + Jamie = 70 Wins + Sertich = 25 Wins + Tim Watters = 39 Wins
              MTU total Wins = 206 / Walt = 237
              You know whats really sad about that? NMU only has 31 more wins since Tim Watters was hired...thats pretty pathetic how much better the perception of these 2 teams over the last 20 years...
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                You know whats really sad about that? NMU only has 31 more wins since Tim Watters was hired...thats pretty pathetic how much better the perception of these 2 teams over the last 20 years...
                No, he's only counting Walt Kyle's wins for NMU, he's going back further in time to include more wins on the Tech side. I imagine before Kyle on the NMU side you'd start getting into some Comley wins. (at least I think it went Comley right into Kyle)
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  No, he's only counting Walt Kyle's wins for NMU, he's going back further in time to include more wins on the Tech side. I imagine before Kyle on the NMU side you'd start getting into some Comley wins. (at least I think it went Comley right into Kyle)
                  Correct, I was just showing that Walt has more wins than Watters, Sertich, Russell, and Pearson combined.

Head to head, Pearson has done about 2-3 more wins than Walt per season.

Adding Rick Comley's wins to even up the Watters years (from 1996 through last season):
                  MTU Total = 206 / NMU Total = 357

My point was that NMU isn't the complete dumpster fire that some would make it out to be. Sure, there may be a faint odor of gasoline being poured, but we're no where near the bleak eras MTU fans survived through. Pearson has done one hell of a job righting the ship, and I hope he continues in the direction he's set your team.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

If we have modest walk-up sales the game in Houghton will probably sell out. If you want to see one game a year this is the one. Friday night in Marquette will be chippy and end with lots of bad blood. Saturday should be an outright bloodbath. I'm calling for a Tech 4-2 on Friday and then a 7-2 whooping on Saturday. Make it happen boys!

Comment

Game Day, Go get them Huskies

Expect to see a well played deternined effort by both team.

Need WCHA Points.

Comment

Tech Women are HUSKY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          It's Tech v NMU week. Time to honor one of the all-time "great" Wildcats - Craig Kowalski.
                          132 games played for Northern... ONE (1) uno total point for his college career. Scoring 0.0076 pts/game has to be some kind of record for D-I hockey.
                          Yes, he's a goalie, but In 132 games, how does the puck not just bounce off you onto the goal scorer's stick at least once or twice? Yep, Northern just sux.
                          Go Tech!
                          Ryan

True story about Craig Kowalski... Our girlfriends were roommates in the dorms Sophomore year at NMU. I bought them one of those $129 black metal framed futons for their dorm. Craig broke it boinking his girlfriend on it one too many times. We were all sitting around drinking one night and discussing what happened to the futon (as they had not fessed up to it yet). Her or she admitted to it and we all started cracking up. His comment was "What can I say... I am a monster in the sack!"

Every time his name comes up, I always think back to that story.
                          Go Cats!

Comment

Both teams are looking good after 1. There were signs of nervous players... just as Coach Kyle mentioned a few minutes ago. Hopefully the Cats can find their stride and light some more lamps.
                            Go Cats!

Comment

Tech just taking too many penalties again, knew they would pay eventually.
                              2005-2006: 7-25-6
                              2006-2007: 18-17-5
                              2007-2008: 14-20-5
                              2008-2009: 6-25-7
                              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Working...
                              X