X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    It sounds like the parent(s) wanted him to go to college, which I can definitely understand. To me it's just something you figure out before the season or if you truly don't come to that realization until school starts then at least give it the old college try for the year. I don't think that's too much to ask of Bracco considering Jerry York knows how to develop guys for the NHL.
    Or at least for the semester. I know it's still the middle of the season but it seems like a more natural break. I think the players and/or their families should me made to reimburse the school for tuition money if they leave. Especially since the team gets screwed losing that scholarship. You certainly don't want to keep a kid who doesn't want to be there, but there should be some consequences based on really poor timing. The school deserves more respect and if you just up and leave like a thief in the night, you should get called on it somehow.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      Ha... you are 3 rows in front of me. If you hear constant chattering from behind, it's sterlippo yapping my ear off.
      Better than him talking to himself!!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Or at least for the semester. I know it's still the middle of the season but it seems like a more natural break. I think the players and/or their families should me made to reimburse the school for tuition money if they leave. Especially since the team gets screwed losing that scholarship. You certainly don't want to keep a kid who doesn't want to be there, but there should be some consequences based on really poor timing. The school deserves more respect and if you just up and leave like a thief in the night, you should get called on it somehow.
        Darn near the exact same words uttered by my better half last night when I told her the news. Scary.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Well actually, he is. I don't listen and watch at the same time. I just grunt back at him.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            I might have been the one suggesting this off-hand but does anyone know if this is definitely the case that once a kid enrolls and is allotted a scholarship it is done for the year? Hokydad, care to shed some light on how this works?
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              I might have been the one suggesting this off-hand but does anyone know if this is definitely the case that once a kid enrolls and is allotted a scholarship it is done for the year? Hokydad, care to shed some light on how this works?
              I'm nearly positive BC can give it to someone else for the spring semester (an existing player on the team or someone who joins midseason) but it has already been "used up" for the fall semester.

I'd support athletes paying back to the school for leaving abruptly, if schools cut a check to players they had offered a scholarship to but then rescinded it or didn't offer to renew it after a season, which obviously won't happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Trust me, it's not.
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                  I'm nearly positive BC can give it to someone else for the spring semester (an existing player on the team or someone who joins midseason) but it has already been "used up" for the fall semester.

I'd support athletes paying back to the school for leaving abruptly, if schools cut a check to players they had offered a scholarship to but then rescinded it or didn't offer to renew it after a season, which obviously won't happen.
                  I believe it has to go to someone who was on the roster at the beginning of the year.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    Ha... you are 3 rows in front of me. If you hear constant chattering from behind, it's sterlippo yapping my ear off.
                    We sat in the same row but in Q 2&3 last year for the Providence game and we both get a kick out of the students so I figured wth.
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      Trust me, it's not.
                      Y'all yucking it up at my expense? Well while FiveHole12 was grunting at me he spilled his popcorn all over himself , no chit
                      Last edited by sterlippo1; 10-30-2015, 10:04 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                        We sat in the same row but in Q 2&3 last year for the Providence game and we both get a kick out of the students so I figured wth.
                        Nice meeting you . Check out EagleAction

Comment

Nice win. Denver looked like a dangerous team. Danton and moore are gonna put up some numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Nice win. Denver looked like a dangerous team. Danton and moore are gonna put up some numbers.
                            oh hush you!!! scarlet is a mess already
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
                              My last word(s) on Bracco ... he supposedly left BC because school wasn't for him, according to the Waterloo Region Record:

"It's nothing against their program," said Bracco, a second round (61st overall) draft pick by the Toronto Maple Leafs. "For me, I didn't really think much of myself student wise."

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/6060433-rangers-get-offensive-boost/

He also said in the same article about Kitchener: "Any time you open the season without a regulation loss I think that speaks volumes of the coaching staff and the time the players are putting in," he said.

Gee, didn't his last team start 5-0-0? I know he's 18, but to hell with him for leaving so surreptitiously. BC is better off without him.
                              Then why commit to Harvard? Completely disingenuous and zero credibility.

Comment

Great game to watch. I thought the Eagles had the better of it 5 on 5, as Denver had trouble matching up against the 3rd and 4th lines. But if these two teams played 10 games against each other, I'd guess it'd be a 5-5 split.

That was a big win for the young Eagles. First quality opponent they've faced this year. Hard workers, all 4 lines. Happy to see Matty get the game winner. He fits in nice with his new line mates.

Bracco was invisible... again. What's up with that?

Nice meeting you SonofSouthie.
                                Sterlippo... I didn't drop my popcorn. I was throwing it at you.

Comment

Working...
                                X