Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1001

Thread: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    South Shore, MA
    Posts
    7,567

    Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    How's that Tony the Tiger?
    Brand new season, brand new thread!
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,244

    Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    How's J.D. Dudek doing in this young season? Has he seen much playing time?

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Greater Boston, MA
    Posts
    8,764

    Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    Watching CC last night, they will give BC 2 tough games next weekend.

    Last night, half of Tsongas was empty and was nice to be able to sit anywhere and get home quick.

    CC lost two 1-goal games to UML. They have decent goaltending and a lot of grit and good team defense.

    Like RPI, they're not ranked but certainly not a team to take lightly. Wasn't this the same team that ambushed BC in post season in 2011 ?

    Dudek is playing and contributing this year and adds depth to the BC roster.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

    Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,244

    Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
    .........
    Dudek is playing and contributing this year and adds depth to the BC roster.
    Thanks for the info. Maine recruited him about 4 years ago, but could not match BC's offer.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    4,142

    Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Maine recruited him about 4 years ago, but could not match BC's offer.
    Yeah, an education.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,244

    Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Yeah, an education.
    Cute remark, but that was not the issue.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    4,142

    Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Cute remark, but that was not the issue.
    Just having a little fun. Being inquisitive, what was the issue?

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,244

    Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Just having a little fun. Being inquisitive, what was the issue?
    Money.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    4,142

    Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Money.
    Feh.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,465

    Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Runsub5 View Post
    How's J.D. Dudek doing in this young season? Has he seen much playing time?
    Started as the 13th forward but is now in due to injury. Very well may have taken that 12th spot over time, but should now be seeing a lot of time as a 4th line winger. Don't know what to expect from him skill wise but at the end of the game he lined up and drilled Eddie Witthcow from Wisconsin, a guy who was a pain in the arse all night. Seems like Dudek is at the very least well built and able to contribute in other areas besides scoring. Perfect for the role he is currently in.

  11. #11
    The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,895

    Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    I got to watch #5 Friday night. I saw him make 3 very poor decisions in his own end, including what appeared to be a pass to Demko from behind the goal line. Let's not award him the Hobey Baker yet. OTOH, I liked what I saw of #22.

  12. #12
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    6,006

    Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by theprofromdover View Post
    I got to watch #5 Friday night. I saw him make 3 very poor decisions in his own end, including what appeared to be a pass to Demko from behind the goal line. Let's not award him the Hobey Baker yet. OTOH, I liked what I saw of #22.
    #5 is already an upgrade over the previous #5 IMO. And I say that in all due respect to the previous #5.

    Really... I think every single guy coming in was an upgrade over the player that previously wore their jersey number last season. By a large margin for many. That really should help get the program back on smoother ground. It's still a young team, there will be hiccups but I feel good about this team - I simply couldn't do that the previous 2 years with half of the roster that was being carried.

    More importantly one of the big questions was about #26. If he can get it going this season the team is going to be in real good shape. That remains to be seen but he is off to a nice start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Savannah GA
    Posts
    5,080

    Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    so NESN comes out with their TV schedule and the first game is this Friday , Notre Dame vs Minn-Duluth while UML plays at Merrimack ( HE worthy and a rivalry) , UNH plays at UMass (HE worthy) not to mention North Dakota at Vermont (hello! how many times do we get to see North Dakota?) and Ohio State at National Champion Providence, all available if NESN wanted them. I guess they're looking for that huge jump in their TV audience from those great hockey fans of notre dame
    *****

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    4,142

    Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    so NESN comes out with their TV schedule and the first game is this Friday , Notre Dame vs Minn-Duluth while UML plays at Merrimack ( HE worthy and a rivalry) , UNH plays at UMass (HE worthy) not to mention North Dakota at Vermont (hello! how many times do we get to see North Dakota?) and Ohio State at National Champion Providence, all available if NESN wanted them. I guess they're looking for that huge jump in their TV audience from those great hockey fans of notre dame
    The same two teams are on NBCSN the following night. smh

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    4,142

    Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    If this is accurate BC's on twice,

    https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/tvsked.php

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Savannah GA
    Posts
    5,080

    Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    If this is accurate BC's on twice,

    https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/tvsked.php
    i noticed that too but it's hard to figure out NESN's rationale
    *****

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    South Shore, MA
    Posts
    7,567

    Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    i noticed that too but it's hard to figure out NESN's rationale
    No it's not. NESN's (and other mass media sources) rationale is actually very simple. It's all about money... that is all.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    413

    Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    NESN is basically carrying the package that ASN bought
    Plus doing hockey east tourney. See the thread on hockey
    East. TV. If NESN was actually running the package
    BU and BC would be on more.

  19. #19
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by DLG View Post
    NESN is basically carrying the package that ASN bought
    Plus doing hockey east tourney. See the thread on hockey
    East. TV. If NESN was actually running the package
    BU and BC would be on more.
    joeb needs to get off his lazy *** and find a carrier that lives in the 21st century so mookie can watch games on his phone.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  20. #20
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    6,006

    Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    joeb needs to get off his lazy *** and find a carrier that lives in the 21st century so mookie can watch games on his phone.
    Not a good look for Joe B the past few yrs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •