BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Would we even have a scholly for Ollie Wallie if he doesn't get into Harvard? I've heard he comes with highly engaged parents....

But it would mean 5 USNDTP forwards in one recruiting class, which must be a record.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      Would we even have a scholly for Ollie Wallie if he doesn't get into Harvard? I've heard he comes with highly engaged parents....

But it would mean 5 USNDTP forwards in one recruiting class, which must be a record.
      What's the inspiration for this comment?
      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
        What's the inspiration for this comment?
        Oliver Wahlstrom may have decommitted from Harvard and would subsequently be choosing between BU and BC.

He's the kid who caught internet fame for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=6TxGVSw6Ayw

Hopefully he knows if he comes to BU that #97 he's wearing in the video is unofficially retired.
        Last edited by brassbonanza; 02-16-2018, 12:21 PM.
        ÂŻ\_(ツ)_/ÂŻ

Comment

Based on my understanding, that's a diplomatic way of describing it...

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
            Yes, I was trying to be nice, since I don't have any 100% credible facts...but have heard the rumors.

FWIW (and for all I know he could still go to Harvard), when he committed to Harvard shortly after decommitting from his home-state Black Bears, I thought "how can somebody to commit to a school as hard to get into as Harvard when they have barely started high school and have no way to show that they are at that level of academic ability".

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
              As a parent you have to be an absolute whacko to allow your kid to verbally commit at 13 years old. And that is all there is to it.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Especially to Maine

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  As a parent you have to be an absolute whacko to allow your kid to verbally commit at 13 years old. And that is all there is to it.
                  As a program, you have to be absolute whacko to take a verbal commitment from a 13 year old. Like anyone can confidently predict what a 13 year old will be as an 18 or 19 year old. Sheer lunacy.
                  The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                  BC - 12
                  BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                    As a program, you have to be absolute whacko to take a verbal commitment from a 13 year old. Like anyone can confidently predict what a 13 year old will be as an 18 or 19 year old. Sheer lunacy.
                    Say what you want about the parents - but it looks like they were 100% right about Wahlstrom the player. He's a stud talent.

U of Florida softball has a verbal commitment from a sixth-grader (11 years old)...
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

He would be better coming to Maine and governed under nhl groomer and second coach has played 500 plus games in nhl as power forward. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        U of Florida softball has a verbal commitment from a sixth-grader (11 years old)...
                        Which is wrong on so many levels that my mind can barely fathom it.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                        BU - 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                          Which is wrong on so many levels that my mind can barely fathom it.
                          You're absolutely right. I, and nearly everyone in the sport, would agree with you. In UFs defense - their coach honors his commitments. Unlike many other major programs who back out on kids at the last minute all the time - Walton will take this chance and will honor it no matter who this kid turns out to be as a player. I respect him for that.

There are no advisors in softball. No major junior. Yet, there are so many unscrupulous coaches. He's not one of them, at least. But yes, it's still way too soon and unnecessary..

Early recruiting has reached a head in softball (he may have been trying to beat legislation). Hopefully that passes and can set a blue print for other sports, including hockey...
                          Last edited by Dan; 02-17-2018, 12:57 PM.
                          Live Free or Die!!
                          Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            You're absolutely right. I, and nearly everyone in the sport, would agree with you. In UFs defense - their coach honors his commitments. Unlike many other major programs who back out on kids at the last minute all the time - Walton will take this chance and will honor it no matter who this kid turns out to be as a player. I respect him for that.

There are no advisors in softball. No major junior. Yet, there are so many unscrupulous coaches. He's not one of them, at least. But yes, it's still way too soon and unnecessary..

Early recruiting has reached a head in softball (he may have been trying to beat legislation). Hopefully that passes and can set a blue print for other sports, including hockey...
                            I am sure there are many reasons why it wouldn't work, but I would love to see some sort of age limit or school grade limit for committing - preferably no commitments until the start of Junior season.

Comment

I am sure there are many reasons why it wouldn't work, but I would love to see some sort of age limit or school grade limit for committing - preferably no commitments until the start of Junior season.
                              Agree 100%
                              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                              BU - 2

Comment

Dominic Vidoli‏ @dominicvido63

Excited to announce my commitment to play college hockey at Boston University. Can’t wait to be a Terrier this fall.
                                https://***********/dominicvido63/st...48804646735872

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=309419
                                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/