Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Neutral Zone‏ @_Neutral_Zone 1h1 hour ago
    4.5 star prospect Josh Lawrence commits to @TerrierHockey. "A" rated player at @WorldSelectsInv. High skill, IQ, speed, elusiveness, vision https://***********/mplante22/status/867127602233966592
    Jeff Cox‏ @JeffCoxSports 47m47 minutes ago
    Josh Lawrence committed to @TerrierHockey today. David Quinn and staff continue to dominate the recruiting trail.
    Cox also gave him an A rating at the World Selects Invitational U15
    Josh Lawrence, #11 West Coast Selects, 1/28/02, Shoots Right, 5-9/165, Moncton, New Brunswick – He’s just a natural scorer who can do it all offensively. He plays a complete game and is very smart out there. He sees what might open up and he reads plays well. He’s gritty and competes for everything. He’s an offensive player who is willing to backcheck and force turnovers. He’s a good skater with silky hands.
    For fellow old timers out there, Lawrence is almost certainly the first player BU has recruited from Moncton, NB, since Ron Anderson who played on the '71 & '72 NC teams. And the description is more than a bit reminiscent of the way Anderson played. Lawrence is a 2002, so likely to arrive in 2020 with Dylan Petersen, Trevor Zegras, Alex Vlasic, Cade Webber and Braden Doyle in what's shaping up to be a monster class.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

2020???

Wow, mookie may be back to see this kid play
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        2020???

That's 3 1/2 years. Hope I'm still alive by then
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          2020???

You're gonna watch him up in the Q?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Has your favorite reporter cleared Greenway to come back to BU next season? Asking for a friend.....

Comment

Would be the first under DQ, no? I noted a while back that unless I am missing someone, none of his recruits have gone the MJ route, that I can recall. It was relatively common under the Parker, at least over the last decade. Maybe I am missing someone.

I don't count Kole Sherwood, who do to a unique circumstance related to his draft year and not getting drafted, was able to sign with Columbus and then go to whichever MJ team had his rights. I actually don't recall if he was a DQ recruit or Parker, but I remember DQ commenting that they were trying to get a team to draft him so things wouldn't play out the way they did. Somebody with more knowledge can fill in the missing details.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                Would be the first under DQ, no? I noted a while back that unless I am missing someone, none of his recruits have gone the MJ route, that I can recall. It was relatively common under the Parker, at least over the last decade. Maybe I am missing someone.
                Believe that is correct. Couple of Parker recruits who bolted around 2011, Adam Erne and Anthony DeAngelo, have both reached the NHL. I recall reading that Erne's verbal was a ploy to get his OHL rights traded.

[/QUOTE]I don't count Kole Sherwood, who do to a unique circumstance related to his draft year and not getting drafted, was able to sign with Columbus and then go to whichever MJ team had his rights. I actually don't recall if he was a DQ recruit or Parker, but I remember DQ commenting that they were trying to get a team to draft him so things wouldn't play out the way they did. Somebody with more knowledge can fill in the missing details.[/QUOTE]

Sherwood was a Steve Greeley discovery. He ended up at OHL London as a teammate of JJ Piccinich, who went to the OHL after BU asked him to return to junior for a season.
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                  Has your favorite reporter cleared Greenway to come back to BU next season? Asking for a friend.....
                  My favorite reporter? Bellows was coming back too, right? Things change (except you of course)

Comment

BU leads the way at NHL Scouting Combine:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...,-Recruits.php
                    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

My favorite reporter? Bellows was coming back too, right? Things change (except you of course)
                      Yeah, that guy from Minnesota you said was "well-respected and in-the-know." When Greenway himself came out and said he was coming back, you said that it was news to this reporter and that we shouldn't get our hopes up yet. As if Greenway wasn't a good source on Greenway. Just looking to see if you had an update for us.

When did Bellows say multiple times in public (or even once) that he was coming back?

Comment

Bellows is gone. Signed with Portland Winter Hawks of the WHL.

Comment

Originally posted by recruited View Post
                          Bellows is gone. Signed with Portland Winter Hawks of the WHL.
                          We'd seen this last week and discussed it on the BU discussion thread.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

So with all the high end departures, will BU drop in the rankings next season or will they stay near the top?

Comment

Originally posted by Game0n View Post
                              So with all the high end departures, will BU drop in the rankings next season or will they stay near the top?
                              My guess is they will be on the 6-8 range. Oettinger alone keeps them high in my book. And while this years incoming class won't be as highly touted as last year, there is some good talent there.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                                As if Greenway wasn't a good source on Greenway.
                                Remember when Charlie Coyle wasn't a good source on Charlie Coyle? Those were the days I really liked BU hockey.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X