• Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Does he still require a babysitter?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Does he still require a babysitter?
      Now that we are talking about kids that are actually younger than my 9th-grade hockey player, it is that much more apparent how ludicrous it is to be making a college choice at that age. Some of these kids are just hitting puberty, and they are supposed to decide where they want to spend four of their most formative years, 4 to 5 years away? I know that it many cases these kids are projecting to be two year players, so maybe it doesn't really matter what they study, whether or not the school has a major they care about, etc. But it just makes a joke of the idea of college athletics.

I for one, am glad that the new rules are going in.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
        Now that we are talking about kids that are actually younger than my 9th-grade hockey player, it is that much more apparent how ludicrous it is to be making a college choice at that age. Some of these kids are just hitting puberty, and they are supposed to decide where they want to spend four of their most formative years, 4 to 5 years away? I know that it many cases these kids are projecting to be two year players, so maybe it doesn't really matter what they study, whether or not the school has a major they care about, etc. But it just makes a joke of the idea of college athletics.

I for one, am glad that the new rules are going in.
        I think it's a win-win for both prospective student-athletes and the schools. Fewer decommitments will result and it puts further premium on coaches recruiting the right players for their programs than just seeking a verbal "commitment" from kids at such a young age as a means of deterring other coaches from poaching, or CHL teams from convincing them that Major Jr is the way to go.

I know the criticism isn't levied at a kid line Fine more so than the current process. I hope Fine matures and develops into the player he's projected to be, honors his commitment and ends up being a terrific player at BU. But there's so much that can happen between now and 2023.

Comment

2022 recruit had 81 points in 50 games for Selects Academy 15U. Also played for Team Newfoundland.
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

that close should a goalie instinctively extend his stick to take out the 'pass'?
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

RW Quinn is the older brother of 2022 recruit defenseman Lane Hutson. Was a frequent linemate of recruits Jeremy Wilmer ('21) and Devin Kaplan ('22) on the North Jersey Avalanche 16U. Expected to arrive on Agganis Way in '21 or '22.
              More
              Last edited by Rogie21; 05-03-2019, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Duckman cranking it up in the playoffs with two tonight, 6 in 7 games.

Comment

What’s the story with the kid who de committed and is now going to Princeton.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    What’s the story with the kid who de committed and is now going to Princeton.
                    I had heard last December at the St Sebastian's holiday tournament that he was reconsidering his BU choice
                    Probably waited to see that he was accepted
                    Good size but probably a bottom 6 forward

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                      I had heard last December at the St Sebastian's holiday tournament that he was reconsidering his BU choice
                      Probably waited to see that he was accepted
                      Good size but probably a bottom 6 forward
                      Gorman's dad played for Princeton in the late 80s, early 90s when the Tigers' assistant coach was, yup, Len Quesnelle. HC Jim Higgins was a BU alum. Hearing Gorman was getting a partial, so this might enable Albie to go after another forward for next season.

The HockeyWriters.com jumped Robert Mastrosimone from #54 to #32 on its draft board.

Comment

would be hard pressed to find someone go to bu with an offer from princeton in hand.... just sayin'

heck, any hea school vs any ivy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          would be hard pressed to find someone go to bu with an offer from princeton in hand.... just sayin'

For a player who expects to stay for 4 years and earn a degree, this is hard to argue with.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Except the Ivys cant provide any athletic scholarship money...

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                              Sure, but as a legacy there and someone who'd improve their team quite a bit, I'm sure they found some scholarship money somewhere in their pockets.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                                Long game..... living 60 years with an ivy degree pays

Comment

Working...
                                X