Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cars: 2015

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Starting to have impure thoughts about upgrading to the new Miata. 25 HP increase incoming for 2019. They're saying 0-60 in the upper 5 second range, low 14's in the quarter mile, and 60 mph in second gear. That's downright respectable, Miata or not.

Only problem is the $30K range for a Miata is kinda ehhhh, but it passes all my "attainable car" tests - fun, reliable, cheap to fix, can see out of it, can drive it every day on normal person roads without worrying about breaking something.
    ****, my MDX does that. At twice the weight.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      I can’t believe it’s only $350k
      Code:
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        ****, my MDX does that. At twice the weight.
        I promise you that your MDX is not as much fun to drive.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

You’d be surprised what active advanced suspension can do. And off-roading is a ton of fun. Can’t take a Miata out to keweenaw point.

But you’re still probably right
          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            Was it Serial # 1? It was sold before Ford officially rolled out the Mustang. Nice car but I don't see it going for that much
            This is far more exciting
            https://www.morningstar.com/news/bus...prototype.html
            Notice it isn't a fastback, that makes it 1 of 1
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

At what point is a restored car no longer considered the same car?

But very exciting nonetheless.
              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

thats why i think the price projected is bs. there are pics of it with 2 superchargers. But no doubt Shelby had other drivetrains in it also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I'm not really knowledgeable in the rules of restoration, but from what little I've learned, if you keep it as close to original as you can, preferably original parts...even if it's Frankenstein (so no matching numbers), it counts. Matching numbers and such is bonus.

WPoS from GPL restored a 50's Dodge truck from the ground up, from what I understand, all original except tires, for obvious driving reasons. I would count that as original. He COULD have gotten the original tires, but he wants to actually drive it now and again.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      I'm not really knowledgeable in the rules of restoration, but from what little I've learned, if you keep it as close to original as you can, preferably original parts...even if it's Frankenstein (so no matching numbers), it counts. Matching numbers and such is bonus.

WPoS from GPL restored a 50's Dodge truck from the ground up, from what I understand, all original except tires, for obvious driving reasons. I would count that as original. He COULD have gotten the original tires, but he wants to actually drive it now and again.
                      Mustangs, No numbers on body parts(possible VIN on some stuff), date codes is as close as you can get on drivetrain stuff. The VIN and body tags tell the story of what was in car originally. He took kevin Marti to car as Marti owns all of Fords old Mustang database. Marti can tell you what was in the car from Factory based on VIN. But Shelby stuff would have to be further researched, pics found, guys who who were there working on car etc. Without a paper trail (which the 64.5 has) the value is less. I would think Jackson is working on the paper trail.

Comment

It really depends on the car.

For a mass produced car, having the original parts is pretty darned important. Otherwise, it's another drop in the sea of Mustangs.

For a prototype, there's no real way of knowing what the original parts were, since they may not have been documented very well. That, and the more one is allowed to build a car like that, the more money can be made- so it's likely that Shelby American bent some of the rules so that they can make more money.

Other, rarer and more valuable cars follow the same trend- I know many manufacturers will testify that a car that started with a bare minimum level of parts as well as some kind of document displaying that the rest of the original car is gone- the remaining restoration will be called original. I've seen examples of cars that just had a frame and a few parts found underground restored to multi million dollar cars, and 100% accepted. And I know that companies like Aston Martin will rebuild a car that was destroyed in some way (say a race related fire) and they will cal it original. For those cars, less than 10% of the parts are original vs. fabricated new.

Comment

Instead of CV-1, they should have named it T-34.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45292028

Igorek looks like something from Star Wars.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Instead of CV-1, they should have named it T-34.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45292028
                            price point and it might sell just like a yugo did. One thing for sure, that thing is butt ugly

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ran into a guy with a Fiat 124 Spider Abarth at lunch today. It's manufactured by Mazda and basically a Miata in everything but name, but with a turbocharged Fiat engine (believe it's the same one out of the 500 Abarth.)

God that looks tempting - I think the Miata is a better car from a technical standpoint, but I like the Fiata's styling better.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

But, it’s a fiat
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X