2015 UMD Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 UMD Season Thread

Start of a new era for the Bulldogs!! It didn't hurt to begin with two wins!!

On to BC. A good test to see where this team is at.

GO DOGS!!!

(Please keep comments on this thread germane to the 2015-16 season players AND coaches!)

Re: 2015 UMD Season Thread

Anyone out there make the trip to Boston?
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Binnyrus, welcome back to the forum! I know you said to keep entries to items germaine to this season, but if you run into Julianne Vasichek, could you let her know that people she doesn't even know are pulling for her? Her mom used to sit with my wife and me at Ridder and we quite enjoyed those visits. Thanks!

Comment

Yo... Michela Cava is unbelievable

Comment

All in all a very respectable weekend for the Bulldogs. Maybe they're going to be way better than most people were saying before the season started.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
            All in all a very respectable weekend for the Bulldogs. Maybe they're going to be way better than most people were saying before the season started.
            I expect They will surprise a lot of people, I would not be surprised if they finish ahead of UND.

Comment

Anybody know where Katka Mrazova is? I don't see her on any of the game sheets (rosters).

Comment

Originally posted by kool99 View Post
                Anybody know where Katka Mrazova is? I don't see her on any of the game sheets (rosters).
                No Frosty? What gives?

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                  I expect They will surprise a lot of people, I would not be surprised if they finish ahead of UND.
                  I think they'll surprise a lot of people too. I think the players already have responded well and will continue to respond well to having a head coach that is a positive energy person on the bench compared to the old guard. Positive energy goes a long way in motivating people.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                    I think they'll surprise a lot of people too. I think the players already have responded well and will continue to respond well to having a head coach that is a positive energy person on the bench compared to the old guard. Positive energy goes a long way in motivating people.
                    I thought they had better talent than their finish showed the last couple of years. Even trying to put aside my exceedingly low opinion of their coach I still came to the conclusion Miller was the reason for the under-performance. If that is true then they will be better this year. I think UMD could easily finished 3/4 depending on how BSU turns out. The question then is, "will it be good enough for an NCAA bid?" If they lose the chippy stuff I'm pulling for them.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                      I think UMD could easily finished 3/4 depending on how BSU turns out. The question then is, "will it be good enough for an NCAA bid?"
                      The problem in recent years has been that the third through sixth teams beat up on each other enough such that nobody separates and gets into the PWR. Or as happened last year, NoDak separates to an extent, but then it loses OoC games to the likes of Vermont and Syracuse.

UMD is 2-2 OoC after sweeping Lindenwood and getting swept by BC. That makes the Harvard series huge.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
                        Binnyrus, welcome back to the forum! I know you said to keep entries to items germaine to this season, but if you run into Julianne Vasichek, could you let her know that people she doesn't even know are pulling for her? Her mom used to sit with my wife and me at Ridder and we quite enjoyed those visits. Thanks!
                        Thank you! And, I absolutely will. "Montana" has always been a class act. It seems as though her recovery is progressing, if slowly. And you're spot on - her parents - entire family - great folks all around.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          Yo... Michela Cava is unbelievable
                          Hopefully a sign of good things to come! Any chance you could tell me anything about the goalie UMD used in game 2, Maddie Roonie? We've seen Kayla Black for so long . . . . by the box it would appear that she had a good showing.

Comment

Originally posted by binnyrus View Post
                            Hopefully a sign of good things to come! Any chance you could tell me anything about the goalie UMD used in game 2, Maddie Roonie? We've seen Kayla Black for so long . . . . by the box it would appear that she had a good showing.
                            Maddie Rooney was the starting goalie for Boys hockey team her senior year at Andover HS in Minnesota. The two years prior she played on the Girls side taking them to State her Junior season. She has played for the boys during youth hockey days. During her youth years she had taken them to State tournaments as their PWA and BantamA goalie. She also played one one USA 18 team a couple of summers ago.

Comment

Originally posted by binnyrus View Post
                              Yeah she did fine. I didn't think BC peppered her TOO badly but the fact that I didn't notice it wasn't Black until the 2nd period is probably a good sign for her haha

Comment

Working...
                              X