Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumble in The Port City - Maine hosts LSSU, MSU and UND in Portland - 2015 Icebreaker

Rumble in The Port City - Maine hosts LSSU, MSU and UND in Portland - 2015 Icebreaker

Its time folks to kick off this season. Lake and Michigan State as well as North Dakota come to the great city of Portland, Maine to show what they got. Da Bears hosting this one as a precursor to future regionals in Portland. Should be some great hockey in a terrific venue.... lets rip it.
    sure why not

Re: Rumble in The Port City - Maine hosts LSSU, MSU and UND in Portland - 2015 Icebre

I can't wait to go cheer on my Lakers and experience the great city of Portland.

Melvin K. Pearson

Re: Rumble in The Port City - Maine hosts LSSU, MSU and UND in Portland - 2015 Icebre

There's a Portland, Maine?!
    2018 NCAA Northeast Regional Champions
    ---
    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
    19 Conference Championships
    10 Conference Tournament Championships
    2 Hobey Baker Winners
    75 All-Americans

Wolverine Devotee of MGoBlog
    @UMichWD on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    There's a Portland, Maine?!
    You bet. They signed the Declaration of Independence here dummy
    Then toasted the sob with home brew

Smile Re: Rumble in The Port City - Maine hosts LSSU, MSU and UND in Portland - 2015 Icebre

When will the great hockey be taking place? On Friday UND will clobber LSSU and there is some other game between two crap teams. On Saturday UND will clobber Maine and there is some other game between two crap teams. Is the great hockey going to be on Sunday when UND plays an intrasquad scrimmage or something?
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Hey look, I realize you westernrs haven't seen a national champion since the last time UHN won one ( which wud be never for you lame dumbazzes) , but go crying in someone elses cheerios. BTW, is it now the fighting sue babies ?
    sure why not

Smile Re: Rumble in The Port City - Maine hosts LSSU, MSU and UND in Portland - 2015 Icebre

Quote Originally Posted by all bear View Post
    Hey look, I realize you westernrs haven't seen a national champion since the last time UHN won one ( which wud be never for you lame dumbazzes) , but go crying in someone elses cheerios. BTW, is it now the fighting sue babies ?
    For being in England, you sure haven't mastered English. To address what, I think, you were saying though. Hopefully UND can win their first national championship one day.
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    For being in England, you sure haven't mastered English. To address what, I think, you were saying though. Hopefully UND can win their first national championship one day.
    Doubtful,what with fingers Hakstoool gone, the suzies are probably punchless....55,000 posts huh. Hows life without one ?
    sure why not

Is there any TV coverage for these games?

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Dude View Post
    Is there any TV coverage for these games?
    I don't see that any stations are picking it up. Shameful
    sure why not

So I see Maine isn't even playing an exhibition game this weekend. Afraid that they'd be smoked by some random Canadian team and are saving the first of many embarrassment on the season for next weekend?
    Hollywood Amazingness

Generic Catchy Message

We'll be happy to grace New England with our excellent style of game play of no offense and relying on our goalie to get a 1-0 win.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    So I see Maine isn't even playing an exhibition game this weekend. Afraid that they'd be smoked by some random Canadian team and are saving the first of many embarrassment on the season for next weekend?
    U mean like BC got smoked by some random Canadian team?

Nah, I suspect the Mainuhs, being such good hosts, don't want to sharpen their skills too much and completely embarazz sparty, then sue on consecutive nights. My niece begins freshman year at sparty this year. Be interesting to see young Walshy play.
    Last edited by all bear; 10-04-2015 at 08:01 AM.
    sure why not

Never Forget!

I'll be covering the event for USCHO and would love to chat with anyone here who will be coming to Portland for the games. Please drop me a line at ticapnews(at)gmail.com

Never Forget!

In an effort to boost attendance, the Cross Insurance Arena announced today that when you buy three tickets you will get a fourth ticket free.

Great idea. It provides a great opportunity for more Maine residents a chance to see what a good team actually looks like. Well one good team and three terrible teams.
    Hollywood Amazingness

Atually 4 good teams. Maine, LSSU, Michigan State and the Casco Bay Mites playing in between games.
    sure why not

2 tickets at center ice available for 50 bucks. Email me.
    sure why not

Generic Catchy Message

So, no TV, but will there at least be a crappy SD stream somewhere in the interwebs to watch?

1966, 1986, 2007

Generic Catchy Message

It's officially game day!!!

Figuring either a 4-2 loss because the defense is playing a real-live-actually-counts game for the first time, or a tight 2-1 win because it's Maine's first game, exhibition or not.

1966, 1986, 2007

Thread Information