Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2015-16: The 50th season

Originally posted by PaulVanWagoner View Post
    I wasn't at the games this weekend, but I had a great chat with Coach Whitten this morning.

http://paul.30below.com/Soo%20Mornin...U%20Hockey.MP3

Keep up the great work Paul! Also keep up the thinly veiled sarcasm, I enjoy that too!

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
      Is it me or does every Laker hockey article written by Russon mention Owen Headrick?
      Owen is one of the high end prospects for the Lake Superior State University Lakers, known as a smooth-skating and puck-handing defenceman, who some think has a pro career ahead of him. Add to the fact that Owen is native of Garden River First Nation, just outside of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, and Randy was instrumental in his unparalleled coverage of the Soo Thunderbirds and the Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League, along with Owen's play on the ice, in helping getting him noticed by D1 scouts. It makes perfect sense for Randy Russon to mention him in his articles, for his vast reading audience in the area and across Ontario and most of Michigan on www.hockeynewsnorth.com and www.saultthisweek.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mogerfan View Post
        Keep up the great work Paul! Also keep up the thinly veiled sarcasm, I enjoy that too!
        You got it... I will I WILL!!!

Comment

Obviously we still have a couple of trolls hanging around. For those who are still seeing their posts but prefer not to, this is a reminder that you can use the Ignore function to hide the content of their posts. Choose settings in the upper right of the forum window, then choose Ignore List on the left. You can then add the user names of those you wish to ignore and click on Okay. You will still see a skeletal record indicating that a post has been made by a user on your Ignore List, but the actual content of their message will not be visible. Works nicely.

Comment

I wonder if there will be a Laker media guide posted online this year?
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
              I wonder if there will be a Laker media guide posted online this year?
              I think so. There have been changes in the SID office so maybe they are just behind in making it available.

Comment

That is good information Bill and thanks man.

It's Great Lake State Weekend for the Lake Superior State University Lakers. On Randy Russon's www.hockeynewsnorth.com there is a preview of this weekend, and his interview with Aiden Wright on the Hockey North Show heard every Tuesday from 5-6 pm on ESPN 1400 Radio. http://www.hockeynewsnorth.com/ncaa/...home-with-nmu/ I'll be listening to the Voice of the Lakers, Bill Crawford tonight on YES FM from Marquette and hoping for a loud and rowdy rink tomorrow. See you there.

Comment

Week 3 Preview (and week 2 summary) from Damon Whitten:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4C7...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by LakerBaker View Post
                    Randy was instrumental in helping getting him noticed by D1 scouts.
                    Nothing like being humble.
                    "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

• Anyone have an update on Aidan Wright?

Comment

I heard he was released and making the trip back with the team. No other details though.
                        BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
                          Anyone have an update on Aidan Wright?
                          He's fine. Up & walking around. Medical staff was just very cautious.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            He's fine. Up & walking around. Medical staff was just very cautious.
                            Great news!

As for the game, some very shaky goaltending from Defiel tonight as gave up two or three very leaky/questionable goals. The upperclassmen also need to step up and starting scoring as well.
                            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                              Great news!

As for the game, some very shaky goaltending from Defiel tonight as gave up two or three very leaky/questionable goals. The upperclassmen also need to step up and starting scoring as well.
                              Last night Whitten said he would likely split the goaltending with Kossof getting the nod tonight.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Most of the Lakers players had the letters "MAC" on the back of their helmets next to the number. Does it mean anything? We were just curious.

Comment

Working...
                                X