LSSU Lakers 2015-16: The 50th season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
    It is going to be interesting to see who Whitten takes to Maine this weekend.
    Freshman of course! At least 1 senior stayed in the Soo.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
      Speaking of Vermont, will the Lakers take a sleeper bus or fly to Vermont? I'm guessing sleeper bus since Vermont is only slightly longer (about 30 miles) than North Dakota and they took a sleeper bus on that trip.

As for this weekend, I'll be very happy if the Lakers can get a split.

They are going to take a sleeper bus to Vermont.
      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Re: LSSU Lakers 2015-16: The 50th season

Let the season begin .

Comment

The Lakers showed a lot of promise tonight. The freshmen all looked very good tonight.
          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
            The Lakers showed a lot of promise tonight. The freshmen all looked very good tonight.
            That's great to hear. Too bad they couldn't hold the lead, but this is a really young team that just played one of the best college hockey teams in the country.
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

I sound like a broken record here but Luke Morgan found the back of the net once again last night.

His 4 goals in 5 games this year has already equaled his goal total from his season in U18 last year according to eliteprospects.com

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                I sound like a broken record here but Luke Morgan found the back of the net once again last night.

His 4 goals in 5 games this year has already equaled his goal total from his season in U18 last year according to eliteprospects.com
                He is supposed to be more of a play maker than scorer, but if he turns into a scorer as well, so much the better.

Comment

Did anyone else notice Bill Crawford calling North Dakota the Fighting Sioux thru the whole game?

Comment

Originally posted by Section P View Post
                    Did anyone else notice Bill Crawford calling North Dakota the Fighting Sioux thru the whole game?
                    They haven't selected a new name for their teams yet, so I guess for most people it's easier to stick with the old one until they come up with a new one.

Comment

I caught that too. Besides the familarity of Sioux, it's quicker to say than North Dakota, which I would imagine would be a burden to keep saying in the midst of fast action play.
                      Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/nchc...michigan-state

Friday notebook from IceBreaker
                        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

I noticed that, but at the same time the North Dakota fans still use the Sioux name in a lot of their cheers, so it doesn't really matter.

Comment

The Lakers ran into a hot goaltender today and probably deserved a better fate. Nice to get Torrel get his first goal. All goals this weekend were scored by freshman which is encouraging

I have a feeling Kossoff will get a start next weekend, probably Saturday.
                            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Lakers always run into a hot goal tender. What did Frank Anzalone say on his second time back around ? This team makes every goal tender look great. After 18 years of hoping if we just give the players some time, they can win. Let's have the players prove they can win by winning and not look for excuses to why they are not winning. I know it is early in the season but the excuse that they ran up against a hot goalie has worn it's welcome out.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                                Lakers always run into a hot goal tender. What did Frank Anzalone say on his second time back around ? This team makes every goal tender look great. After 18 years of hoping if we just give the players some time, they can win. Let's have the players prove they can win by winning and not look for excuses to why they are not winning. I know it is early in the season but the excuse that they ran up against a hot goalie has worn it's welcome out.

I know what your saying and to a point I agree with you but.

I watched both games and the Lakers played very well both games. They seem to have the system down fairly well and their puck movement was excellent at times even on the power play creating chances. I believe this team is going to find the back of the net. The team speed is way up from seasons past. They did play two pretty good teams.

The thing that hurt the Lakers the most this weekend was the refs. They made a lot of either horrible or nonsensical tiki tack calls disrupting the flow of the game for both teams the first three games that I know for sure. Walking around old port we heard people talking about all the penalties being called the night before on Friday night. I'm sure all four teams were not impressed with the zebras.
                                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Working...
                                X