Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LD Damian Chrcek

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    Osburn at times is a shadow of himself. I think he can still be that guy ... but there's some maturing to do, and this team needs to have the depth at D for him to have the freedom to be that guy. His mistakes are costly, because I don't think either of these goalies are playing with any confidence right now..

He's not the only one, however. There's one senior that's just never lived up to his potential at MSU. When defending a rush, for example, I don't think his positioning is great, he's never gotten involved offensively, and his decision-making in his own zone leaves me at times scratching my head. Perhaps he gets a hall pass because of the history with off-season injuries, but it's time for him to step up if MSU has a chance at all to salvage this season.
    I agree Osburn has made some "freshman" mistakes. But if I recall correctly I don't remember Krug making very many if at all his freshman year. I do agree though that Krug probably had better defenders on the roster with him then what Osburn has this year. So maybe his mistakes where picked up by the other guys better then Osburn's have been.

As for the senior I assume you are talking about Draeger? Walsh hasn't had too many injuries so it has to be Draeger. I agree that, for a 3rd round draft pick, he never really figured it out here at MSU. But MSU could say that for a lot of players on the roster.... Maybe coaching is the issue....?

Comment

Just so everyone knows, the weekly Picking the Big 10 blog post erroneously states that the MSU at NU game is not televised. In fact, it really is going to be televised. NBCSN at 7 p.m. EST. The basketball game also (12:30 p.m. EST)
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
        Just so everyone knows, the weekly Picking the Big 10 blog post erroneously states that the MSU at NU game is not televised. In fact, it really is going to be televised. NBCSN at 7 p.m. EST. The basketball game also (12:30 p.m. EST)
        The always accurate Paula Weston strikes again.

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
          I agree Osburn has made some "freshman" mistakes. But if I recall correctly I don't remember Krug making very many if at all his freshman year. I do agree though that Krug probably had better defenders on the roster with him then what Osburn has this year. So maybe his mistakes where picked up by the other guys better then Osburn's have been.

As for the senior I assume you are talking about Draeger? Walsh hasn't had too many injuries so it has to be Draeger. I agree that, for a 3rd round draft pick, he never really figured it out here at MSU. But MSU could say that for a lot of players on the roster
          .... Maybe coaching is the issue....?
          That is entirely possible

Comment

• Tom Izzo is on the bench at Northeastern. Too bad coaching doesn't work by osmosis.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
              Tom Izzo is on the bench at Northeastern. Too bad coaching doesn't work by osmosis.
              Was just coming here to say i thought it was odd that izzo was on the bench

Comment

• Re: MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

To quote Homer Simpson:

"Yeah, Moe, that team sure sucked last night. They just plain sucked. I've seen teams suck before but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks who ever sucked."
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

It was nice to get a goal tonight, but, yeah, I still hate everything.
                  Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                  66 - 86 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Also, why did it take a century for Anastos to pull Hildebrand during that last power play?
                    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                    66 - 86 - 07
                    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Was just coming here to say i thought it was odd that izzo was on the bench
                      Could be because so many people were coming up to him in the seats, maybe it was a way to keep that from happening. It was cool to see the men's and women's hoops team in the crowd watching a game.

It was pretty quiet there, not sure if that came across on the broadcast. The MSU fans were super loud when they scored. I can only imagine what it would've been like if it was a more competitive game,

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        Tom Izzo is on the bench at Northeastern. Too bad coaching doesn't work by osmosis.
                        I casually watched your game yesterday and saw Izzo in the stands right behind the bench on TV in the 2nd period. Did he actually get on the players bench? Izzo is God of that pathetic sport (bouncy-ball) but he has no reason to be on the bench. I highly doubt that he was actually on the nench. Are you sure that he was on the bench?
                        Originally posted by alfablue
                        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          NU better never put Coen behind the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                            I casually watched your game yesterday and saw Izzo in the stands right behind the bench on TV in the 2nd period. Did he actually get on the players bench? Izzo is God of that pathetic sport (bouncy-ball) but he has no reason to be on the bench. I highly doubt that he was actually on the nench. Are you sure that he was on the bench?
                            Yes, he was on the bench. He was talking quite a bit with Kelly Miller during the game, and a little bit with Anastos. He wasn't shown interacting with the players, he probably wouldn't know what to say. The Spartan games at Munn usually feature a special guest coach, often a former player. For the GLI maybe we can bring in Pat Narduzzi as a special guest coach since Dantonio will be busy.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                              In the 3rd he was on the bench. I have zero problem with it. The way the team is playing right now basketball coach would probably do a better job.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

As an NU fan, I thought the sight of Tom Izzo standing behind the Sparty bench was pretty cool and even classy. The NCAA rule permits up to eight "team personnel" to be on the bench so no problem there. (The rule doesn't specify which "team" the "personnel" are associated with.)

Comment

Working...
                                X