Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    On paper and in the standings, they are. But we know how that rolls. Rivalry games don't necessarily care about such things. I like our chances.
    I like their chances as well cant wait for Friday night to get here.

Comment

What a win! 9 round shootout and a Michigan kid scores the winning goal for us!
      How's THAT for irony?
      I felt we were running out of gas late in the 3rd and 3 of Michigan's goals came from sloppy clearing attempts by us.
      Zebra's were not kind to us either with ticky tacky stuff getting called and Michigan getting a pass on numerous hooks & interference.
      I was stunned we got the equalizer call in the last 2 minutes!

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
        I like their chances as well cant wait for Friday night to get here.
        I wouldn't be happy blowing a 3 goal lead at home, but at least you got a point plus the talent show point at the end. Hurts to be 8 seconds from stealing three points, too, but that has been a consistent problem the last five seasons, so we'll take the point and see ya Sunday.

Comment

I wouldn't be happy blowing a 3 goal lead at home, but at least you got a point plus the talent show point at the end. Hurts to be 8 seconds from stealing three points, too, but that has been a consistent problem the last five seasons, so we'll take the point and see ya Sunday.
          Trust me I am Not happy about them blowing that lead. Michigan took the game over after scoring that 1st goal. Mistakes by both teams lead to goals. One thing I like about this team is they never give up. For the record I hate shootouts they Don't belong in this game. Sunday should be another good one. See you at yost.

Comment

Last one to Yost is a Spartan!

Comment

I have a small hunch that the next game in this series is going to be a chippy one.
              ---
              National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
              Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
              19 Conference Championships
              10 Conference Tournament Championships
              2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                I have a small hunch that the next game in this series is going to be a chippy one.
                No need for what happened at the end of that game. Doesnt matter who started it either. Two competitive hockey games although not very well played defensively by either team.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                  No need for what happened at the end of that game. Doesnt matter who started it either. Two competitive hockey games although not very well played defensively by either team.
                  Blame the officiating, then. Tempers flared (as witnessed by tossing Gust off the bench) and letting a ton of chirping, stickwork and punches after the whistle go. I can understand the frustration, but this was clearly a case of two teams quickly learning not to like each other.

Comment

I agree, the officials let too much go all game along and more than the usual trash talking between players on the ice so no sympathy from me or anyone probably in Yost when the linesman went down tangled up in the melee.
                    Talking to OSU's people after the game the officiating was indeed the cause of OSU's frustration.
                    They claimed their review during the second intermission of Healy's hit that gave Michigan their 5 on 3 was a legal check and that bad call turned the tide in Michigan's direction..

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                      Good to see Red still has teams specializing in cheap shots after the whistle, though shame has never been very popular among UM players and fans.
                      CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        I agree, the officials let too much go all game along and more than the usual trash talking between players on the ice so no sympathy from me or anyone probably in Yost when the linesman went down tangled up in the melee.
                        Talking to OSU's people after the game the officiating was indeed the cause of OSU's frustration.
                        They claimed their review during the second intermission of Healy's hit that gave Michigan their 5 on 3 was a legal check and that bad call turned the tide in Michigan's direction..
                        I sit in the very corner that Healey hit Kile and I guarantee you that he took more than two strides to hit him. If it wasn't CFB then it was boarding. They let one of the same type of hits go earlier in the game in our defensive end and Michigan's bench was angry about that one, too. The Bucks can only blame themselves for the 5x3. As far as the cheap stuff, it went both ways, but after OSU melted down they were taking liberties which precipated the scrum at the end of the game. One sided view, but got it straight from Cutler Martin after the game.

Comment

I sit in the very corner that Healey hit Kile and I guarantee you that he took more than two strides to hit him. If it wasn't CFB then it was boarding. They let one of the same type of hits go earlier in the game in our defensive end and Michigan's bench was angry about that one, too. The Bucks can only blame themselves for the 5x3. As far as the cheap stuff, it went both ways, but after OSU melted down they were taking liberties which precipated the scrum at the end of the game. One sided view, but got it straight from Cutler Martin after the game.
                          The 5 on 3 came from two stupid penalties your right they have only themselves to blame for that.

Comment

Have to put Sunday behind them real fast with a decent Penn State team coming to town. Six straight at home starting this weekend they have to make this count. Hope Frey is able to play i like tomkins but he wasnt very good this weekend. I know Michigan is a scoring machine and the defense didnt help him but he made is own bed a few times with mistakes and lack of rebound control as well.

Comment

Yeah, we know. "They started it, so we finished it! It's their fault!"
                              CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Boy what a disappointing end to that game last night. I thought they played a pretty good first period. The game should have been over after the 2nd period Skoff saved the game for Penn State. All the chances they had to expand the lead and just couldnt do it score probably should have been 5-1 after 2. Then the 3rd period they got to playing east and west hockey instead of going up the ice and that is what Penn State likes you do to and they took advantage of it. They got a garbage goal from hard work and then won it in Overtime off a turn over from a non holding call. Ohio state only has themselves to blame for that loss play for 60 minutes and they win that game.

Comment

Working...
                                X