UAH Hockey 2015-16: The next step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAH Hockey 2015-16: The next step

Oh, and as much as I don't try to lay W-L-T at a goalie's feet, Mantha got y'all those three points. He was really big in the third when UAH just came in waves — 14 SOG doesn't do it justice when there are a lot of blocked shots, ones off the cage, etc.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      Suze, since you're here, I'll note it: it's very, very weird that the black jerseys that UAA sported this year were "ALASKA SEAWOLVES" in the vein of our road blues. Why would you say Seawolves and not Anchorage? There are two schools from your state ...
      I like ‘em.
      Did you guys voluntarily remove “Anchorage”, or did the Municipality force that action. I guess we could call you UAS, but that would just be darn right confusing.

Comment

Suze, since you're here, I'll note it: it's very, very weird that the black jerseys that UAA sported this year were "ALASKA SEAWOLVES" in the vein of our road blues. Why would you say Seawolves and not Anchorage? There are two schools from your state ...

GFM
        What's good for the goose is good for the gander...

It's not an uncommon thing among uniforms for UAA teams.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The ceremony honoring the 1995-96 Division II national champions was really well done. The retro jerseys were a hit -- first time UAH has ever done anything like that. The players seemed to enjoy it, and it was really cool that the current team stayed for it and shook hands at the end.

Shame we couldn't have pulled a win out for them, but Olivier Mantha was a beast.
          Michael Napier - UAH '97
          uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
          U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
          NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
          CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
          CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Mantha in the third last night ... I'm still thinking about it the night before. There were a couple of those that I don't know how he saw them. I guess their Québecois was better than ours.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Mantha in the third last night ... I'm still thinking about it the night before. There were a couple of those that I don't know how he saw them. I guess their Québecois was better than ours.

GFM
              Manta was great, but the guys in front of him put the puck in the net too, that is one difference with this team - they are able to score. Don't know who your play by play guy is, but he is very unbiased. It was a pleasure to hear after listening to the big homers from the former WCHA teams. He made mention at LEAST four times that UAH got away with penalties. The one he really made note of was the hit to the head of UAA's Luedtke. He was hit so hard his helmet came flying off! In light of the ramifications to Mitchell on Friday night, this should have been called. He's like "I don't care who you are, THAT's a PENALTY". LOL

GFM, regarding your asking me about the black colors, I didn't like it at all. Dark green yes, black no. And JJ is right, many UAA jerseys over the years have said "Seawolves". I like that too.
              Last edited by Suze; 10-25-2015, 01:01 PM.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I'm still not sure how that one on Luedtke didn't get called, either. Zach is a good guy, hungry, and still learning.

All I know is that UAH dominated puck possession this weekend, but the Seawolves made their chances count. Oh, and Guerriero was not so awesome.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

I'm still not sure how that one on Luedtke didn't get called, either. Zach is a good guy, hungry, and still learning.

All I know is that UAH dominated puck possession this weekend, but the Seawolves made their chances count. Oh, and Guerriero was not so awesome.

GFM
                  I watched both games and I agree that UAH dominated puck possession in the THIRD period last night.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    I watched both games and I agree that UAH dominated puck possession in the THIRD period last night.
                    Shot attempts and shots on goal indicate that UAH had the mark both games.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

As much as I like to see shots on goals, many of our chances weren't great quality shots. Our best looks were on the PP, i hope the coaching staff can make adjustments before we head into Lake State.

Comment

Any idea if we're still pursuing Joey Marooney? He'd be a guy who could come in and have a McHugh type impact. I expect real solid numbers this year from him in the USHL.

Also have to wonder if we're on Hans's brother, Ryner. Lighting up the NA with a a 6/13/19 +12 slash line in 14 gp.

On the other hand, Austin Beaulieu is struggling so far out the gate. Only 2/2/4 through 13 games. Hopefully continuing his high shot totals (43) will ultimately lead to his incredibly low shooting percentage (4%) going up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by GetOutDaKitchin View Post
                          Any idea if we're still pursuing Joey Marooney? He'd be a guy who could come in and have a McHugh type impact. I expect real solid numbers this year from him in the USHL.

Also have to wonder if we're on Hans's brother, Ryner. Lighting up the NA with a a 6/13/19 +12 slash line in 14 gp.

On the other hand, Austin Beaulieu is struggling so far out the gate. Only 2/2/4 through 13 games. Hopefully continuing his high shot totals (43) will ultimately lead to his incredibly low shooting percentage (4%) going up a bit.

I would think Corbett and the coaching staff are all over picking up Ryner. Hans has been a great addition so far, you would think Ryner would fit in well here with his brother and a few ex teammates. If Marooney decommited I'm sure there's a good reason behind it. Hopefully we keep recruiting strong, We need to bring in talent. Corbett and his staff have to keep getting out there and winning some recruiting battles.

Comment

I'm fairly sure that Joey Marooney will never be a Charger.

I don't know about the younger Gorowsky. I wouldn't be able to say if I did, though.

Beaulieu just turned 19. If he and the coaches don't think that he's ready, he can always stay another year, although that's always fraught with the peril of a kid thinking that he can do better and then de-committing. That's always an issue, though.

I don't think that they'll go out and get many kids, though. I'm sure that they're trying to find a third goalie to replace Guerriero. There are just four seniors to replace (White, Misuraca, Prince, and Brears), and with more underclassmen this year, they might only go and get three instead of four. At some point you'd want to level the classes, but that's never really been that much of an option for UAH.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Judging from the silence for the most part on both teams threads this week this is a pretty big weekend for both programs. A measuring stick to see who is making the most progress so to speak.

I like and respect the Chargers and their fans but I'll have to wait till after the weekend to wish your team much success for the season. I'm very excited to watch some exciting hockey this weekend.
                              BLEED BLUE

Comment

We're always pretty quiet on USCHO — that's been the case for the 15 years I've been around here.

I'm curious to see how we'll do and if Carmine will be back to his previous standard.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X