Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2015-16 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Ah. I don't think we played national TV last year. And no, I'm not counting NBC's icebreaker streams. Regional TV I don't recall, there may have been one or two, like Freakout. It'd be nice if CHS were to mark whether it was a TV game.
    Like, in the whole past.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
      Like, in the whole past.
      The 1985 NCAA semis were on ESPN a day late and partially cut. The finals were live.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

IIRC, Freakout was our only TV game in 2004-05; we won that. We had no TV games in 2005-06.

I remember always dreading TV games when Appert came in, because we had not won one (specific teams I don't recall all of them, I remember Union somewhere in 06-08 with the zamboni incident, Freakout 08 and 09, the Cornell game in 08-09 where they started calling for Erik B's head, a Colgate game or two at Starr in that time) until AIC in 2009 (which I think was televised; I remember RPI-TV did not have the game in their archives), or Niagara in 2010. 2010-11 had at least five televised games: Niagara, BU (national), Freakout, Cornell (national) (the "just like Appert" ****fest), and North Dakota (national). 11-12 had two national games (Dartmouth during winter break, and Cornell before Freakout), while Freakout was televised regionally. That's what I recall for now.

Alls I know is that our TV record is not very good at all. Perhaps Appert's teams have a bit of a problem when it comes to "big moments", as not only evidenced by the TV record, but also Freakout and the playoffs.

Comment

09-10 @ PU was a Sunday national broadcast.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            09-10 @ PU was a Sunday national broadcast.
            and we lost.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUD View Post
              I will give any betting poster 30:1 odds we don't even make the tournament.

If some mutually-agreeable third party would please intermediate, I'll take those odds as well. I can ship my $20 to them and you can ship your $600 to them and then at the end of the season that person can then ship the $620 to whomever wins. Maybe there is a bar in Troy that can hold our money for us, perhaps??

Now either follow through or shut up, either way is fine with me.

To whomever will be the intermediary, send me your name and address via rep, and I'll send you the $20. Please do not under any circumstances reveal my true name and address to the DUD however, that is a precondition of your acceptance of this role. You can then post in this thread (or the successor season thread, if DUD takes that long to man up) that you've received my side of the wager from me, and let us know how long it takes for DUD to send you his side of the bet (if ever....)

Thanks!
              Last edited by FreshFish; 08-06-2015, 04:15 PM.
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                If some mutually-agreeable third party would please intermediate, I'll take those odds as well. I can ship my $20 to them and you can ship your $600 to them and then at the end of the season that person can then ship the $620 to whomever wins. Maybe there is a bar in Troy that can hold our money for us, perhaps??

Now either follow through or shut up, either way is fine with me.

To whomever will be the intermediary, send me your name and address via rep, and I'll send you the $20. Please do not under any circumstances reveal my true name and address to the DUD however, that is a precondition of your acceptance of this role. You can then post in this thread (or the successor season thread, if DUD takes that long to man up) that you've received my side of the wager from me, and let us know how long it takes for DUD to send you his side of the bet (if ever....)

Thanks!
                ...sure why not?
                RPI Pep Band
                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Ah. I don't think we played national TV last year. And no, I'm not counting NBC's icebreaker streams. Regional TV I don't recall, there may have been one or two, like Freakout. It'd be nice if CHS were to mark whether it was a TV game.
                  One of RPI's two games at Michigan last year was televised on the Big Ten Network, which is available over quite a large slice of the country.

Unfortunately, I think it was the second one, in which the Engineers got killed.
                  Last edited by Waite21; 08-06-2015, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Since Mike Addesa is not an RPI alumnus, I would think this news goes here, rather than in the alumni thread.

The transactions column of my newspaper notes that the Canucks have announced the signing of Mike Addesa as an amateur scout.

Comment

Today is 7 August 2015. There are 57 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think that I ask this ever year, but does anyone know when single-game tickets for the HFH go on sale?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          I think that I ask this ever year, but does anyone know when single-game tickets for the HFH go on sale?
                          I spoke with someone in the HFH Box Office. She said there is no specific date set yet, but it will be sometime in the last week of September. Hope that helps...😊

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                            One of RPI's two games at Michigan last year was televised on the Big Ten Network, which is available over quite a large slice of the country.

Unfortunately, I think it was the second one, in which the Engineers got killed.
                            Ouch. I also remember we played at Miami in 2008-09 on one of the ESPN networks, Allen York played in net, and got creamed 7-1. The 09-10 year saw the GLI championship on regional television, obviously we lost that 6-2.

Sadly, the number of games we have won on TV are few and far between. I believe the game at Starr where Diebold made 49 saves was on regional TV, as I recall watching it on demand a few times, including a few hot mic cusses from referees. The Dartmouth and Brown Freakouts where we won were also televised regionally, as well as winning a few of the games in the 2010-11 season. Improvements with composure would certainly help.
                            Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 08-07-2015, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Ouch. I also remember we played at Miami in 2008-09 on one of the ESPN networks, Allen York played in net, and got creamed 7-1. The 09-10 year saw the GLI championship on regional television, obviously we lost that 6-2.

Sadly, the number of games we have won on TV are few and far between. I believe the game at Starr where Diebold made 49 saves was on regional TV, as I recall watching it on demand a few times, including a few hot mic cusses from referees. The Dartmouth and Brown Freakouts where we won were also televised regionally, as well as winning a few of the games in the 2010-11 season. Improvements with composure would certainly help.
                              The 1995 ECAC championship semis and final games were on tape delay in the middle of the night. (either USA or MSG network).
                              Of course we won both of those games.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                                I spoke with someone in the HFH Box Office. She said there is no specific date set yet, but it will be sometime in the last week of September. Hope that helps...��
                                It's been a Monday the last couple of years.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X