X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
    Here's the payback for having to watch Cavallini's kid play...oh wait...what did you say....Dvorak. Color me cynical at this point as a 14 year old has no idea what he wants 4 years from now. Hell an 18 year old goalie who is on campus for Summer school don't know what he wants 4 months out much less 4 years.
    Frankly, it isn't just the age (and the risk of an early bloomer hitting a development plateau) but the fact that he committed to a coach that I think many of us would be surprised to see behind the bench at UW in 4 years. Gonna likely have to re-think that decision when the chopping block falls.

From a general perspective, I continue to be baffled by these situations with college coaches. Especially coaches that don't plan on living up to the gentleman's agreement anyway (my club included). You'd think these guys would eventually learn how unnecessary it is to do things at this age. I understand maybe (maybe) doing it after their sophomore year when they will be edging toward 17 years old. But before 15? Stupid.
    University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Wow, Badgers just landed a major recruit. 2000-born Chicago Mission d-man Brady Smith. He's a stud....in the conversation for the best 2000-born defenseman I've seen. Will be curious to see how this plays into Ty Emberson (EC Memorial) decision but getting Smith is a huge step in the right direction.
      Well that's exciting!
      Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      wow indeed. kudows to...wait, i can't believe I've forgotten the new assistants names, but yeah...them i guess
      Strand and Bittner. Good for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
        Frankly, it isn't just the age (and the risk of an early bloomer hitting a development plateau) but the fact that he committed to a coach that I think many of us would be surprised to see behind the bench at UW in 4 years. Gonna likely have to re-think that decision when the chopping block falls.
        Eaves will be around in 4 years. He lost Boeser and Oplika, which he can use as an excuse when he meets with BA in 9 months. Strand and Bittner's impact on recruiting won't be felt for 2 more years, another crutch. They will get to 10 wins this year, no problem (better players coming in, and they will play better team D with better coaches), special teams will better (better coaches). It's a lock he's not going anywhere.

As far as this lad goes.....he's a great catch, based on what we know now. Will he still be great in 4 years? Who knows, but it's a start. Now Strand and Bittner need to stay in contact with him and not allow it to fall apart like Boeser did.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
          From a general perspective, I continue to be baffled by these situations with college coaches. Especially coaches that don't plan on living up to the gentleman's agreement anyway (my club included). You'd think these guys would eventually learn how unnecessary it is to do things at this age. I understand maybe (maybe) doing it after their sophomore year when they will be edging toward 17 years old. But before 15? Stupid.
          I didn't see many complaints when Jaxon Nelson committed.

Comment

Million years away but as a late bday if he goes NTDP there will be a CHL/Juniors/Accelerate question after his U18 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              I didn't see many complaints when Jaxon Nelson committed.
              Read my post. I didn't leave my own team out of the equation.
              University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                Million years away but as a late bday if he goes NTDP there will be a CHL/Juniors/Accelerate question after his U18 season.
                The irony is that he's considered on of the best because of where his birthday falls (effectively playing against players who are up to one year younger than him). Most NHL players have birthdays in Jan, Feb, or March.

Comment

Jarod Zirbel (Madison Capitols) commits...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                    great pick up for the Badgers this kid is absolutely worked his *** off his whole life to get here

Comment

One person seems more excited about it than the other. Are you going to field a JV team with this many players coming in?

Comment

is he a blue chippah? if not, then what's the point. the team is filled, in fact overfilled, with grinders and D3 caliber players.
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

is he a blue chippah? if not, then what's the point. the team is filled, in fact overfilled, with grinders and D3 caliber players.
                          51 games played with caps, 7 goals, 6 assists, 49 pim.
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                            One person seems more excited about it than the other. Are you going to field a JV team with this many players coming in?
                            No kidding.

What in the heelll is going on here?

No twitter? You let me and all of twitterverse down.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

This has to be Strand's influence on recruiting. Is there now a Notre Dame pipeline? 10% of the team will be from Notre Dame; Davison, Stillwell and Zirbell.

Comment

In other news, MCR III has committed to the Badgers. BTW, he's not even a twinkle in MCR Jr's eye. Just sayin'.

(I recently got back from a week in Canada; I should have kidnapped a couple of kids to join the team.)
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X