X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    he never has responded to me, but I know he has responded to others.
    I have emailed him 3 times, (the first was actually to barry) Jason King responded to me within 2 hours. He's been always really quick to respond to me (unless it was on a friday and he'd get back to me on Monday.)

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Rob View Post
      I have emailed him 3 times, (the first was actually to barry) Jason King responded to me within 2 hours. He's been always really quick to respond to me (unless it was on a friday and he'd get back to me on Monday.)
      He responded back to me fairly quickly....but the reply seemed to be almost a canned standard response rather then addressing anything I specifically brought up. In the end, no one in the AD office seems overly interested in what the masses think...so a 3/4ers empty building will hopefully get their attention this fall.

Comment

Should have a replacement in relatively short order, possibly as soon as Monday. May not go public for a while though, as I'm sure they'll want to make sure he can get into school before announcing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          Should have a replacement in relatively short order, possibly as soon as Monday. May not go public for a while though, as I'm sure they'll want to make sure he can get into school before announcing anything.
          Is the player any good or will he be playing third fiddle to Grunwald/Miller?

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
            Is the player any good or will he be playing third fiddle to Grunwald/Miller?
            Without being privy to who they are actually bringing in, I can promise you he will not be playing third fiddle to those two.

Comment

I can't say for certain, but Matt Jurusik is a name I'm hearing could be a potential goaltending replacement. He had a huge year for Janesville (NAHL) and is likely the top uncommitted goaltender out there right now.

Comment

I can't say for certain, but Matt Jurusik is a name I'm hearing could be a potential goaltending replacement. He had a huge year for Janesville (NAHL) and is likely the top uncommitted goaltender out there right now.
                .939sv % and a 1.57GAA in 40 games. Pretty solid.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                  .939sv % and a 1.57GAA in 40 games. Pretty solid.
                  Better save percentage than Landon Peterson had in the NAHL. Of course, they're different players in different situations, but it's something I thought of.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    Look at me. I was once a rabid and combative fan with tix to both nights.

I went to one game last year and regretted wasting the hundo.

I may go to a game this year, but that will only be for my youngest son who always asks to go as Badger hockey games are his favorite event to attend.

Beyond that, I doubt I'll even watch or listen to too many games. Apathy is firmly rooted and there are thousands of others just like me.

It's not that they're losing, it's that they (the powers that be) are incapable of even recognizing a problem, let alone know what to do about it - Just like the Blackhawks of 1998 - 2006.

If you're not even trying to be successful, why would I waste my time and emotion on you?
                    It didn't take St. Louis long to get in his head. I heard the news while traveling yesterday morning. ****ing unbelievable.

Gurt, you are me, except I went to 4 games last year, all losses. I'm not a bandwagoner, I've literally been going to games for decades. I'm in protest mode, as I posted in the past. The money is going for NHL games. **** it.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

According to Jeff Cox, Wisconsin has contacted Casey DeSmith about the open goaltending job. Would be a graduate transfer.

He was kicked off UNH's team for a domestic arrest. You can google his history.

I'm sure they've talked to a number of options, so this isn't a surprise at all.

Comment

The charges were dropped against DeSmith, so that's not really a problem. The issue is that he had to withdraw from school for a year, so it would be tough for him to finish his undergraduate work in time so he could transfer without sitting out a year. A lot of teams looked into him at the beginning of the summer and determined it wasn't really realistic, but maybe something has changed in the past few months.
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                          The charges were dropped against DeSmith, so that's not really a problem. The issue is that he had to withdraw from school for a year, so it would be tough for him to finish his undergraduate work in time so he could transfer without sitting out a year. A lot of teams looked into him at the beginning of the summer and determined it wasn't really realistic, but maybe something has changed in the past few months.
                          Incorrect. He was at UNH as a student after leaving hockey program.
                          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                            Did he graduate from UNH this past May then, receiving his undergrad degree? If so he would be eligible to play elsewhere/grad degree ala Justin Agosta who did a year at Quinnipiac? It is true he was reinstated to the University but I never heard if he did indeed, finish..
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                              Either way, he hasn't graduated, which is why he's hoping to get a hardship waiver to play right away rather than using the graduate transfer rule. As far as hardship waivers go, he has a pretty good case, but the NCAA eliminated all immediate eligibility hardship waivers this past March so it would take something extraordinary for his to get approved.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

According to Jeff Cox, Wisconsin has contacted Casey DeSmith about the open goaltending job. Would be a graduate transfer.

He was kicked off UNH's team for a domestic arrest. You can google his history.

I'm sure they've talked to a number of options, so this isn't a surprise at all.
                                He has a great save %. Would be a good one year fill in until he can land someone.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X