A call for Rutgers hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A call for Rutgers hockey

Say what you will about the likelihood of the club team promoting itself to become D1, but these guys are getting the word out. The devils tweeted support and I saw a link to a news article from the (unofficial) Big Ten Hockey Facebook page

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/in...l#incart_river

So there's at least one donor interested. Not sure how much money he'd put up. The point is I've seen the story pop up in a few places. Not a groundswell yet but all attention is good attention.

Comment

Originally posted by slowe View Post
      Say what you will about the likelihood of the club team promoting itself to become D1, but these guys are getting the word out. The devils tweeted support and I saw a link to a news article from the (unofficial) Big Ten Hockey Facebook page

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/in...l#incart_river

So there's at least one donor interested. Not sure how much money he'd put up. The point is I've seen the story pop up in a few places. Not a groundswell yet but all attention is good attention.
      Got the attention of The Hockey News too: http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/ru...ollege-hockey/
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Better idea. Kick out Rutgers, get Syracuse, Syracuse starts a team.

UConn and Rutgers can go find their own conference.
        What is it with sparty that they want Rutgers kicked-out of the B1G TEN? Every single sparty that I know who has mentioned Rutgers wants them out of the conference. Why? And you only want Syracause because of bouncy-ball....
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          UConn already has a conference.

Sean
          Not only that, but word on the street is that they will be a top four team in HEA for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Not only that, but word on the street is that they will be a top four team in HEA for the foreseeable future.
            Really...I thought Chuck said UCONN will be a perennial cellar dweller with UMASS Amherst! If you want to respond check out the 2015-2016 UCONN thread...nobody but UNH fans go to the 2014-2015 thread.

Comment

Maybe on Bourbon Street.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                Better idea. Kick out Rutgers, get Syracuse, Syracuse starts a team.

UConn and Rutgers can go find their own conference.
                There's nowhere to put them. War Memorial's already double booked. Tennity's too small (though a good size for the women's team). And movable ice in the Carrier Dome is not feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  There's nowhere to put them. War Memorial's already double booked. Tennity's too small (though a good size for the women's team). And movable ice in the Carrier Dome is not feasible.
                  I was wondering what they did to Manley and then I saw they did the same thing what Maryland is doing to Cole Fieldhouse - indoor football facility. Both would have been perfect on campus ice rinks.
                  Last edited by joecct; 08-14-2015, 09:37 AM.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FDNY99 View Post
                    Really...I thought Chuck said UCONN will be a perennial cellar dweller with UMASS Amherst! If you want to respond check out the 2015-2016 UCONN thread...nobody but UNH fans go to the 2014-2015 thread.
                    But, this is the Rutgers thread.

Comment

My response about Chuck was to this quote by you in reference to UCONN...a theme you and Chuck talk about constantly on the UNH thread

My response about the UCONN thread was to your post you made on the 2014-2015 UCONN thread looking for a response.

I hope RU can get this off the ground...if the B!G doesn't have a on-campus barn requirement..RU could play their games at the Rock in Newark.

Comment

And this is the off season and about a team that's not been announced yet. This would count as being on topic this time of the year around here.
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                        X