Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Providence College Friars, the best off-season ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Providence College Friars, the best off-season ever!

Things seem very quiet on the hill, is there no new happenings at all

Comment

Originally posted by satking View Post
      Things seem very quiet on the hill, is there no new happenings at all
      They certainly don't seem in a rush to put out the schedule for this season. Just sayin.

Comment

As someone who needs to book flights for games...this is not making me happy haha.
        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

On the other hand, I was looking at available tickets the other day and they are selling lots of season tickets apparently.

Comment

Everyone loves a winner !!!!!!

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
            On the other hand, I was looking at available tickets the other day and they are selling lots of season tickets apparently.

Comment

I was on friars.com today and they have a couple of time lapse videos of the new soccer/lacrosse stadium under construction. It appears to be taking the entire parking lot located next to Schneider Arena. Does anyone know where they will be parking cars next year? Do I sense a high rise parking garage in the future? We might have to take RIPTA buses to get there.

Comment

I was on friars.com today and they have a couple of time lapse videos of the new soccer/lacrosse stadium under construction. It appears to be taking the entire parking lot located next to Schneider Arena. Does anyone know where they will be parking cars next year? Do I sense a high rise parking garage in the future? We might have to take RIPTA buses to get there.
                I believe where the old tennis courts were they are putting a garage in...
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Can I just say that every time I go to the USCHO.com home page I smile when I see the Skating Friar there as the Men's #1 team. Every time I load that page I smile when I see the banner ad to "Shop Providence National Champions Merchandise." Can I say that I smile when I load the NCAA.com men's hockey page and Friars' photos are all over the place. Almost four months later I am still smiling about April.

It was a long wait...

Comment

How big would that smile be with Back to Back wins !!!!!!!!

Can I just say that every time I go to the USCHO.com home page I smile when I see the Skating Friar there as the Men's #1 team. Every time I load that page I smile when I see the banner ad to "Shop Providence National Champions Merchandise." Can I say that I smile when I load the NCAA.com men's hockey page and Friars' photos are all over the place. Almost four months later I am still smiling about April.

It was a long wait...

Comment

• Re: Providence College Friars, the best off-season ever!

Where's the schedule?? Based on checking out other schedules, we open with Holy Cross at home, and have two at home the next weekend against Ohio State.

Comment

Noel Acciari at the Bruins development camp.

Brandon Tanev at the Bruins development camp.

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
                          Where's the schedule?? Based on checking out other schedules, we open with Holy Cross at home, and have two at home the next weekend against Ohio State.
                          I heard they were going to play an exhibition game against a Canadian school this year too.

Comment

Just got an e-mail from Nate and he said they had to adjust the original schedule because of Bball conflicts and the new schedule will be out soon.....and the Hockey team is the National Champions I think

Originally posted by dillon View Post

Comment

Originally posted by satking View Post
                              Just got an e-mail from Nate and he said they had to adjust the original schedule because of Bball conflicts and the new schedule will be out soon.....and the Hockey team is the National Champions I think
                              Maybe the Basketball team should adjust their schedule to the hockey program since basketball hasn't won a game in the NCAA Tournament since 1997 ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                Maybe the Basketball team should adjust their schedule to the hockey program since basketball hasn't won a game in the NCAA Tournament since 1997 ;-)
                                Simple and sensible. I daresay the hockey team earned the "priority position".

FWIW, I know hundreds of other NU fans, and every last one was rooting for PC in the final game against the (D)evil dumpire". Thrilled for the PC fans - and perhaps just a little envious

Comment

Working...
                                X