Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Providence College Friars, the best off-season ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Providence College Friars, the best off-season ever!

Originally posted by steven22 View Post
    What are the dates for the FL Tourney?
    It was Dec 28 and 29 last year, so probably the 27 and 28 this year.
    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

It has been an amazing time to be a Friar fan. From the moment the Friars were sent to the Dunk to start the tourney, I have been smiling and I have not stopped. Watching the Miami game was nerve wracking to say the least. Seeing Miami Play 6 on 5 for most of the third was one of the craziest things I have seen. Following that with a close victory against Denver to send us to Boston was awesome. Having attended the Frozen Four for many years I have watched a lot of other teams enjoy the moment. Now it was our turn.

As the Friars took the ice on Thursday, my chest puffed out with pride. They were finally playing in the Four! Jumping out to a 2 goal lead set the tone, but then Omaha cut the lead to 1 goal. When PC answered 24 seconds later, you knew they were going to the championship.

Taking the lead against BU was a great start, but when BU went ahead lightening quick, it was scary. We stayed right with them and tied it up. The third goal will be debated forever, but I know it was my dad who reached down from heaven to knock the puck in the BU net. At that point we just knew PC had to win. Tanev went bar down and then it was hang on time.

I am thrilled that at my son's first Frozen Four he got to see his team, his heroes win it all. They have all been so nice to him, I am so happy for all of the guys on the team and their coaches. I had the opportunity to speak to some of the players on Thursday, they were all business and I loved seeing that.

The rally on Tuesday was a blast. Seeing the signs up for National Champions was Awesome. I did notice that Gillies was missing in the autograph line and figured he was on a plane to Calgary. I am happy for him. He is getting to live his dream. I wish him success! In spite of his lack of scoring he led us to the promised land.

To Shane, Mark, Stefan, thanks for being the first group of seniors to bring us a National Championship. To Ross, we have watched you grow in to a great leader. You fulfilled every role on the team. I have watched you become the face of the Friars, always a leader. You paid attention to every person old and young and made them feel important. Great job as captain.

Thank you 2014-2015 Providence College Friars. You are National Champions. You have had an amazing week. Enjoy every moment! You earned it.
      Providence College
      National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
        It has been an amazing time to be a Friar fan. From the moment the Friars were sent to the Dunk to start the tourney, I have been smiling and I have not stopped. Watching the Miami game was nerve wracking to say the least. Seeing Miami Play 6 on 5 for most of the third was one of the craziest things I have seen. Following that with a close victory against Denver to send us to Boston was awesome. Having attended the Frozen Four for many years I have watched a lot of other teams enjoy the moment. Now it was our turn.

As the Friars took the ice on Thursday, my chest puffed out with pride. They were finally playing in the Four! Jumping out to a 2 goal lead set the tone, but then Omaha cut the lead to 1 goal. When PC answered 24 seconds later, you knew they were going to the championship.

Taking the lead against BU was a great start, but when BU went ahead lightening quick, it was scary. We stayed right with them and tied it up. The third goal will be debated forever, but I know it was my dad who reached down from heaven to knock the puck in the BU net. At that point we just knew PC had to win. Tanev went bar down and then it was hang on time.

I am thrilled that at my son's first Frozen Four he got to see his team, his heroes win it all. They have all been so nice to him, I am so happy for all of the guys on the team and their coaches. I had the opportunity to speak to some of the players on Thursday, they were all business and I loved seeing that.

The rally on Tuesday was a blast. Seeing the signs up for National Champions was Awesome. I did notice that Gillies was missing in the autograph line and figured he was on a plane to Calgary. I am happy for him. He is getting to live his dream. I wish him success! In spite of his lack of scoring he led us to the promised land.

To Shane, Mark, Stefan, thanks for being the first group of seniors to bring us a National Championship. To Ross, we have watched you grow in to a great leader. You fulfilled every role on the team. I have watched you become the face of the Friars, always a leader. You paid attention to every person old and young and made them feel important. Great job as captain.

Thank you 2014-2015 Providence College Friars. You are National Champions. You have had an amazing week. Enjoy every moment! You earned it.
        Well said !!!!

Comment

Haven't posted since the HE playoffs, but I think everything has pretty much been said about this final run. I was able to go to the Dunk games and the Thursday frozen four game and it was an amazing experience. Due to price I was going to skip the Thursday game but a friend got last minute free tickets because his cousin works at a certain important sports station. Three months ago I joked with an alum that his wedding was on the frozen four final day and I'd have to skip it once PC made it...well an offer for free tickets to the final and I still ended up watching on my Iphone at the wedding. With 5 minutes left in the game I was asked to watch the remainder of the outside ( I was drawing a crowd and may have been getting a little loud). Watching the game on a 4 inch screen with 10 alums was almost as good as actually being there live.

Onto somewhat interesting news, I got a call from my "new" season ticket representative a few days ago.(never knew I had an old rep) He asked if I was planning to buy again next year, and my response was well it depends on how much they go up. He said they were all staying the same. Great news, especially since it felt like I spent just as much on playoff tickets as I did a whole season package.

Comment

Originally posted by squidjigger View Post
            Haven't posted since the HE playoffs, but I think everything has pretty much been said about this final run.
            Oh, there is much more to say friend...

Comment

I heard the banquet was held Sunday. I had hoped to attend this year but didn't get an invitation. I would love to hear about it from anyone who did attend. I am sure it was different from any prior year end banquet.

Comment

Originally posted by squidjigger View Post
                Haven't posted since the HE playoffs, but I think everything has pretty much been said about this final run. I was able to go to the Dunk games and the Thursday frozen four game and it was an amazing experience. Due to price I was going to skip the Thursday game but a friend got last minute free tickets because his cousin works at a certain important sports station. Three months ago I joked with an alum that his wedding was on the frozen four final day and I'd have to skip it once PC made it...well an offer for free tickets to the final and I still ended up watching on my Iphone at the wedding. With 5 minutes left in the game I was asked to watch the remainder of the outside ( I was drawing a crowd and may have been getting a little loud). Watching the game on a 4 inch screen with 10 alums was almost as good as actually being there live.

Onto somewhat interesting news, I got a call from my "new" season ticket representative a few days ago.(never knew I had an old rep) He asked if I was planning to buy again next year, and my response was well it depends on how much they go up. He said they were all staying the same. Great news, especially since it felt like I spent just as much on playoff tickets as I did a whole season package.
                You spent more on the Frozen Four if you purchased tickets for that than the ENTIRE PC regular season....
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Was in Dicks Sporting Goods the other day. They had National Champions Gear with the skating Friar on it. Life is dam good!
                  Providence College
                  National Champions

Comment

And in other news, word out of New Jersey tonight that Lou has stepped down as GM of the Devils. He will continue as president.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/lou-lamo...sor-1430787386

Comment

Awesome picture from the statehouse today.

https://***********/friarshockey/status/596486966859997184
                      Providence College
                      National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
                        Awesome picture from the statehouse today.

https://***********/friarshockey/sta...86966859997184

For the lazy:
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ETA: Ross looks like he's Mufasa presenting Simba to the animal kingdom.
                        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                          For the lazy:
                          Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ETA: Ross looks like he's Mufasa presenting Simba to the animal kingdom.
                          Cool trophy. What did they get that for?

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            You spent more on the Frozen Four if you purchased tickets for that than the ENTIRE PC regular season....
                            My one seat for the final GAME was $125 more than my 2 season tickets for next year. But it was worth every penny!

Already looking forward to the banner raising night...

Comment

Originally posted by friar97 View Post
                              My one seat for the final GAME was $125 more than my 2 season tickets for next year. But it was worth every penny!

Already looking forward to the banner raising night...
                              Ya that game set me back a bit financially. I wonder what the banner raising will be like. Will there be a banner? I know right now all the accomplishments are painted on the walls of Schneider.

Comment

I wish they'd release the dang schedule so I can plan out my October. I *really* hope I can get tickets to the "banner" raising/wall unveiling/whatever game. I'm clearly very invested in the program, and if I didn't live a solid 8 hours away I'd be a season ticket holder. Guess we'll see how this goes...

Comment

Working...
                                X