Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    that press conference was hard to listen to...
    and his kids crying next to him? very tough. hopefully he can some to terms with it, but what an awful way to end a career.

Comment

*checks todays score*
      *looks at standings*
      *sobs silently*

So when do pitchers and catchers report?
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

So it appears that the Dodgers and Brewers will likely resume trade talks for Ryan Braun/Yasiel Puig & Prospects after the season is over. According to Bob Nightengale at USA Today, we should expect these last few Brewers games this year to be the last for Ryan Braun as a Brewer.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm not a Puig fan, but he seems like he's straightened out a bit this season. And Braun, well, other than the awfully large scarlet letter, and the frequent injuries, he's been consistently good for the team.

I would guess Puig isn't here for the long haul, instead more a stop over to boost his trade value.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm not a Puig fan, but he seems like he's straightened out a bit this season. And Braun, well, other than the awfully large scarlet letter, and the frequent injuries, he's been consistently good for the team.

I would guess Puig isn't here for the long haul, instead more a stop over to boost his trade value.
            We shall see, I have no problem with Puig...I like some energy and attitude. He could end up like Gomez, regaining his best form with the Brewers. That's the hope, I'm sure.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Also, the 2017 schedule was released. https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...2c&oe=586F5EF8

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

I would hope the main emphasis is on the prospects and not immediately replacing Braun. This team is a long ways off from being competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  I would hope the main emphasis is on the prospects and not immediately replacing Braun. This team is a long ways off from being competitive.
                  The article supposedly discussed that the trade could have pushed the rebuild to be winning in as early as 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    The article supposedly discussed that the trade could have pushed the rebuild to be winning in as early as 2018.
                    If we have decent pitching by then anything is possible. But Puig has been pretty mediocre recently and would be a clear downgrade from Braun so I'd rather try and focus on the prospect part of the trade than try and get a guy who doesn't play a premium defensive position or hit all that well.

Comment

Keon.

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Also, the 2017 schedule was released. https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...2c&oe=586F5EF8
                      boo, hiss. no good potential Brewer road trips for me. Although with only 3 stadiums left after next week, my choices are limited.

And once again, no weekday home games in September.

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      So it appears that the Dodgers and Brewers will likely resume trade talks for Ryan Braun/Yasiel Puig & Prospects after the season is over. According to Bob Nightengale at USA Today, we should expect these last few Brewers games this year to be the last for Ryan Braun as a Brewer.
                      meh on Puig, meh on losing Braun... until we find out the prospect haul the Brewers will get. Maybe Puig is like Carlos Gomez. Just needs the right situation to find himself.... before we dump him for prospects.

Comment

The entire coaching staff will be returning, per today's press conference.

Comment

5 years ago today, friends. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                            boo, hiss. no good potential Brewer road trips for me. Although with only 3 stadiums left after next week, my choices are limited.
                            Which ones are left? Also if I remember correctly you had plans (a while back) to go to Oakland. Did you end up going?

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              Which ones are left? Also if I remember correctly you had plans (a while back) to go to Oakland. Did you end up going?
                              Went to Oakland, Texas and Houston this year.

Miami, Arizona and Anaheim left.

Comment

That's awesome. Did you do anything else when you were in Oakland/Bay Area? I had a blast when I went out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X