Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Don't look now but the Brewers are in 1st in the NL Central despite all their struggles.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

There's no way anyone missed this news, but Jimmy Nelson is back tonight. On his birthday.

Comment

So it appears we're going to bullpen our way to the playoffs again, eh?

Alright. Let's do this.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I keep reminding myself they were in worse position last August (I think).

Big series coming up. Surprised to see Chacin DFAed with the injuries to the rotation.. but the "replacements" haven't been too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post

Big series coming up. Surprised to see Chacin DFAed with the injuries to the rotation.. but the "replacements" haven't been too bad.
            We have 6 fewer wins (68-65 this year vs 74-60 last year as of this date). 5 games out of the division last year, 5.5 this year.

This team doesn't seem to have "it". Hopefully they can figure out a way to find it soon.
            Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
            Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
            sigpic
            Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
            1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Do you know how the run differentials compare?

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                We have 6 fewer wins (68-65 this year vs 74-60 last year as of this date). 5 games out of the division last year, 5.5 this year.

This team doesn't seem to have "it". Hopefully they can figure out a way to find it soon.
                with the changes to the roster rules for September, I'm kinda shocked the Brewers didn't go harder at it for this season specifically because their style might not work as well next year.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Jeffress DFAed someone please explain. no chance to recover from his injury? I feel like he went from so good to bad quickly, it seems like whatever was wrong should be fixable.

(also Wilkerson and Troy Stokes)

Nelson and Suter off the IL. Peralta, Faria, Freitas, Austin up from SA. Shaw and Gamel came up yesterday.
                  Last edited by jen; 09-03-2019, 02:12 PM.

Comment

On Jeffress, from The Athletic, if you subscribe - velocity down, throwing the splitter less.

Comment

On Jeffress, from The Athletic, if you subscribe - velocity down, throwing the splitter less.
                      He seemed to lose it in the playoffs last year. Maybe overuse during the season combined with the new baseball this year (which made it harder to throw splitters, so I've read) combined to lead to his downfall. Still surprised at the DFA. Surely, Travis Shaw will save us.
                      Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                      sigpic
                      Donate

Comment

The magic number... it is 1.
                        Last edited by jen; 09-25-2019, 07:51 AM.

Comment

The magic number... it is 1.
                          Run differential is ZERO too...this is crazy. I’m going to be sad when they don’t expand rosters next September...

Comment

WOOHOO!!!!

Postseason Bound!!!
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

You're welcome.
                              Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                              sigpic
                              Donate

Comment

You're welcome.
                                I think they found it.

Comment

Working...
                                X