Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota announces name.

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Being a collector of jerseys, I'd have thought you'd be able to differentiate between a jersey and a t-shirt. Guess not.
    Alright you got me. Here is the black alternate throw-back SWEATER that designed. This logo predates the use of arrow heads and is more PC as some might associate arrow heads with Native Americans or Sioux Indians that might have been fighting with bow and arrows. This is a more friendly, well rounded version of the team logo.
    ;-)
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      Alright you got me. Here is the black alternate throw-back SWEATER that designed. This logo predates the use of arrow heads and is more PC as some might associate arrow heads with Native Americans or Sioux Indians that might have been fighting with bow and arrows. This is a more friendly, well rounded version of the team logo.
      ;-)
      Ryan J
      I'm offended because it creates an optical illusion of a strip. It cannot be continuous.

I'm also disappointed that you can't properly close HTML tags.

Comment

Anybody suggest Ghostriders? It worked for a junior team in B.C. before
        "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          I'm offended because it creates an optical illusion of a strip. It cannot be continuous.
          I'm also disappointed that you can't properly close HTML tags.
          Well I guess that's the end of that jersey concept.
          < / m o b i u s >

Ryan J

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            What's another school that uses Roughriders?

We could finally have a renewal of the Roughriders-Roughriders football game.
            CFL fans will know it was Rough Riders vs Roughriders.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Down to 7 now
              Fighting Hawks, Green Hawks, North Dakota, Nodaks, North Stars, Roughriders, Sundogs
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

The latest out of Vegas:

50:1 Green Hawks - Might as well be the Chicken Hawks because that is what everyone else will call you
                35:1 Fighting Hawks - Still grasping at the past with every dying breath and see above
                20:1 Sundogs - A weak attempt to make ASU join the NCHC
                19:1 Nodaks - Has a "fighting" chance to get selected but then why not just be the North Dakota North Dakotians
                10:1 None [North Dakota] - Everyone in the UND admin would love for this to be the winner, but after all these years of battling over this, no way they're picking [Nothing]
                4:1 North Stars - North Dakota North Stars is too Northerly, but it likely has a good chance.
                3:2 Roughriders - Your odds on favorite, everyone wants some angry tough new warrior name that they'll never use at games anyway so here you go.

Ryan J

Comment

NoDaks will be turned into No D!cks by every competing fanbase
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

One step closer to eliminating None as a choice, which I hope will happen in the next round of cuts. Though I had hoped it would have happened after this round of cuts. I'd guess it will be Nodaks (a mashup of the state's name) North Stars (Minnesota's state nickname) and Roughriders (the nickname of a local high school but is also North Dakota's state nickname) as the final three. Hopefully people are logical, which is usually doubtful, and Roughriders is chosen. Any other choice will range from bleh to terrible.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Re: North Dakota announces name.

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      One step closer to eliminating None as a choice, which I hope will happen in the next round of cuts. Though I had hoped it would have happened after this round of cuts. I'd guess it will be Nodaks (a mashup of the state's name) North Stars (Minnesota's state nickname) and Roughriders (the nickname of a local high school but is also North Dakota's state nickname) as the final three. Hopefully people are logical, which is usually doubtful, and Roughriders is chosen. Any other choice will range from bleh to terrible.
                      Yeah, I don't really see how that has made it this far. There's no way that wouldn't result in status quo continuing.
                      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Maybe the logo can be a Rough Rider who ends up assimilating with a Sioux tribe and gets really tan and then has feathers in his hair.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          Maybe the logo can be a Rough Rider who ends up assimilating with a Sioux tribe and gets really tan and then has feathers in his hair.
                          ...who would go by his spirit name of "Skates with Sue".
                          Ryan J

Comment

The latest out of Vegas:

50:1 Green Hawks - Might as well be the Chicken Hawks because that is what everyone else will call you
                            35:1 Fighting Hawks - Still grasping at the past with every dying breath and see above
                            20:1 Sundogs - A weak attempt to make ASU join the NCHC
                            19:1 Nodaks - Has a "fighting" chance to get selected but then why not just be the North Dakota North Dakotians
                            10:1 None [North Dakota] - Everyone in the UND admin would love for this to be the winner, but after all these years of battling over this, no way they're picking [Nothing]
                            4:1 North Stars - North Dakota North Stars is too Northerly, but it likely has a good chance.
                            3:2 Roughriders - Your odds on favorite, everyone wants some angry tough new warrior name that they'll never use at games anyway so here you go.

Ryan J
                            1. Green Hawks isn't terrible.
                            2. Fighting Hawks also not terrible.
                            3. Sundogs makes zero sense.
                            4. Nodaks is terrible
                            5. Did I miss something? All I've heard for years is that they are not allowed to pick "nothing." They have to have a nickname, right?
                            6. Cut out this North Stars stuff
                            7. Roughriders is OK...Cavalry would have been way better.
                            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

So...am I right? UND has to have a nickname and can't just be UND, right?
                              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

...who would go by his spirit name of "Skates with Sue".
                                Ryan J
                                Good. Or "Fights with Sue."

Comment

Working...
                                X