Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

Welcome to Juliano Pagliero (and his wife Kristin), our new Assistant Coach! He played goalie for Niagara University and has coached at Utica College and most recently at Holy Cross. Check out the announcement on the Colgate Athletics website. Go 'Gate!!!!

Comment

Looks like pasta before every game from now on. Good hire!
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by CU13 View Post
        Welcome to Juliano Pagliero (and his wife Kristin), our new Assistant Coach! He played goalie for Niagara University and has coached at Utica College and most recently at Holy Cross. Check out the announcement on the Colgate Athletics website. Go 'Gate!!!!
        Here's the link --> http://www.uscho.com/2015/04/20/colg...oaching-staff/

Comment

I am disappointed in the lack of chatter on this thread in regard to our new Assistant Coach. I would love to hear your reactions.

Comment

Originally posted by CU13 View Post
            I am disappointed in the lack of chatter on this thread in regard to our new Assistant Coach. I would love to hear your reactions.
            I'm all for Juliano. If DV hand picked him among many candidates, I'm sure DV has confidence that he will do a good job. Having a former goalie fills a gap in the coaching lineup and can only help Charlie and the incoming netminders. His achievements on the ice and coaching seem to fit the Colgate culture. I'm anxious to see how he melds with the players and what he can contribute to next year's team. With Spiro and the other seniors gone, it's going to be challenging to replicate our great season of 2014-15.

Comment

To be honest, I haven't followed HC hockey all that much so I don't know how he actually is. I have confidence in Vaughn to choose the guy he needs, but we will see. As much as a few posters wanted spiro on the bench, he would have been a wrong choice. He is too close to the current team more friend than coach.

As far as the lack of activity I think everyone is in the hangover of the season and it will pick up as we get into the summer (and the rink makes new progress).

Comment

Pagliero is an incredible coach. Fills the void of needing a goalie assistant on staff as well as unbelievable recruiter. Really works hard and has picked up some nice recruits for Holy Cross program.
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                  Pagliero is an incredible coach. Fills the void of needing a goalie assistant on staff as well as unbelievable recruiter. Really works hard and has picked up some nice recruits for Holy Cross program.
                  I wasn't too familiar with the HC program. I'm glad to hear this

Comment

In a soldout, absolutely insane Utica Comets playoff game I wound up sitting next to Gary Heenan, the Utica College head coach. Pagliero worked for UC previous to Holy Cross. Heenan couldn't say enough good things about him, he said he's a tremendous recruiter. I have also read he has brought in a very highly touted recruiting class at HC. Looks like a good move for us.
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Glad to hear recruiting is a common theme continuing to be mentioned on Pagliero's talent. With the groundbreaking on the new facility it seems the future of the program is on a great path. One question that I've wondered over the last few years since I began watching the team is, how can the university / athletics get more people in the seats?

My wife, who is an alum, and I go into Hamilton at least a couple times each year with our kids. When we don't take the 3.5 hour trip down, I stream many of the games to keep up with the team. Thankfully our Colgate thread also helps keep us closer to what's happening in the Chenango Valley. I was looking over the USHO's attendance stats (http://www.uscho.com/stats/attendanc...men/2014-2015/) and noticed that Colgate dropped a spot to #50 with the 2014 season. There are some game-time details that we often talk about like; where the pep band or red raider often are when absent from games.

We've had great years as a highly competitive team in the ECAC since I've been following. As a newbie following the team, I'd like to hear if anyone has thoughts on how the new rink's game-time experience or other booster initiatives could help get a crowd in the new place to make a trip in to Hamilton miserable for opposing teams.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer and look forward to gaining the date of Cornell weekend.

Comment

It's all about relative capacity. We can't be high on that list even if we sell out every game. (Uscho has our capacity at 2600) but we can try to get more fans coming in to sell it out. I think the new rink and the good team we have (coming back), which will be good even with the loss of baun will get butts in the seats. And as much as I'd hate to see it, an early home game against Cornell would help drive the fans to starr. I like to have the Cornell game late as an extra push into the playoffs, but I' follow the team more than a casual fan which is who you want to bring to the rink.
                        Last edited by red133883; 05-06-2015, 01:24 PM.

Comment

The Cornell series is tentatively set for the second week of league play in early November. It should be the weekend after Colgate hosts Princeton and Quinnipiac.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
                            The Cornell series is tentatively set for the second week of league play in early November. It should be the weekend after Colgate hosts Princeton and Quinnipiac.
                            Do we know which team is home on Friday, and which on Saturday?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Do we know which team is home on Friday, and which on Saturday?
                              it should be at Cornell Friday, but that is just based on no credible information other than where they played this year

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                                it should be at Cornell Friday, but that is just based on no credible information other than where they played this year
                                They've alternated the past few years, so that's good enough for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X