Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

Perhaps shabs can start us a new thread once we win the national title? We have some unfinished business here

What a tremendous game. If anyone watched these two teams play and didn't know what league they were from, they would be very impressed. Putting 4 goals by Hayton...what heart and determination by the Raiders.

Hope the top line can put us on the scoresheet tonight; no surprise they had targets on their backs. We'll need to play some great defense against Vesey, Moy and Criscuolo. Most important, we need to win to play another day.

Go 'Gate!
    C O L G A T E
    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
    1990 NCAA FINALS
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Re: Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

Trying to look up streaming for tonight. Looks like Fox Sports to the provider. Do I need a cable provider to get the game? Any insight is appreciated. Starting to panic that I won't see us win the championship!

Comment

I believe you do need a cable provider. Some said yesterday that they used the Fox app. Here is the link from the Harvard athletic page that provides both:

http://www.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/
      C O L G A T E
      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
      1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

I just checked the Fox Sports Go app. It *appears* that the only requirement is a cable/satellite subscription from a participating provider that includes Fox Sports 1 (which is usually on the same package as ESPN). Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, and DirecTV subscribers can access Fox Sports Go, but Dish Network and Verizon Fios subscribers cannot.

However, I won't hold my breath, since last night it was only available to subscribers that had the Fox College Sports channels as part of their subscription (which is usually part of an add-on sports package -- and even worse, the Fox College Sports channels aren't in HD!)
        Colgate '09

Comment

Good luck tonight. You have all the Lynah Faithful in your corner.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by College_Hockey_Fan View Post
            Trying to look up streaming for tonight. Looks like Fox Sports to the provider. Do I need a cable provider to get the game? Any insight is appreciated. Starting to panic that I won't see us win the championship!
            For what it's worth, I just went to the fox go site, signed in with my TWC account and was able to watch what is on that station now (NASCAR). It's in HD and that's the station (FS1) that the game is listed as being on. I don't have the extra sports package so I won't know until game time if it will still be on for me. Hope so.

Comment

should be a very good game, from watching colgate 3 times, i see their d being the difference, but in the wrong way

Comment

Thanks for getting the thread going Bill. I believe Shabby is in LP.

I got the video last night and I have Directv. Needed to register and then it came in, but was not good resolution and I couldn't seem to push the right buttons. A little out of focus all night. I don't have an extra sports package and was still able to see most of the game, except the OT when they switched to a rodeo in TX. Gheesh!

GO GATE - BEAT THE CANTABS!! This is what we've been waiting for since September/October.
                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

If we lose do we make the dance? I'm listening to the Harvard audio and they indicated if BU wins they are in. What's our scenario? Harvard just scored so the question in even more germane....

Comment

sucks we didn't make the tournament but we went 1-9-1 against tourney teams. Just hate to see Yale get in when they rode Harvard in and they play that ridiculous schedule. Great wins for yale over RIT, Holy Cross, and Vermont. 0-0 against nchc, 1-1 against HE, 0-0 against the BIG.

Comment

We are odd man out and needed to win both games, plain and simple. Our OOC was abyssmal, which will make or break you. It broke us. But hey, the PWR had us 13th for a day.

Always a bridesmaid, but Colgate's still the best darn team in the country.
                      Thank you Seniors!

Go 'Gate
                      C O L G A T E
                      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                      1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
                        sucks we didn't make the tournament but we went 1-9-1 against tourney teams. Just hate to see Yale get in when they rode Harvard in and they play that ridiculous schedule. Great wins for yale over RIT, Holy Cross, and Vermont. 0-0 against nchc, 1-1 against HE, 0-0 against the BIG.
                        And we were 5-4 against tourney teams and lower in the PWR. Oh well, at least we were Ivy League champs as crowned by Dartmouth with a record of 11-0-1.
                        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

THANK YOU Colgate hockey!!! What a year!!! All the hype and expectations.....these Colgate boys would not quit.....talk about heart, guts, etc. Spiro.....what can you say....an inspiration....our captain beat cancer....'nuff said!!!!, (Don, please make him our new assistant!!!!!!!!, I'll chip in!!!!), Joey.....you make us "upstaters" proud.....when my girls skate on the ice in Baldwinsville, Lysander, Cicero.....I tell them that this is where Joey started... I tape their sticks just like yours!!!!....Lidg.....what a senior year......Gentzler.......you epitomize #13...thank you to d-man Brendan... and to Brooks who should have been with us for 4.

Bittersweet.....we deserve to skate in the NCAAs.....looking forward to next year, just very sad that this year is over. Thanks guys!!!

AND 'gate Radio......great year...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! The games I couldn't make it to, I watched the video feed, and listened to YOU!!!! Great recap of this year. Keep up the great work and looking forward to listening to you next year!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you 2014-15 COLGATE Men's Hockey Team!!! It was a special year!

GO 'gate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
                            If it happened to Colgate, you would gladly take it. Beating Harvard four times got Yale into the tournament
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Sic follis resilit. Be proud of you own team. Bad-mouthing Yale is NOT going to change your fate. Against the team you lost to tonight,
                              we are 10-2-1 in our last 13 !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X