Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2015-16 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    UMD is playing UMTC in October (it's apparently a home and home). That's all we know. I'd guess their series with Notre Dame is then too. The NMU nonconference series is sometime in Feb.
    Probably early, and I'm surprised its even that late, it seems like the NCHC likes/liked all eight NCHC teams playing four conference series in a row to finish the regular season.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
      Sounds like a good trip. Never been to Duluth before��
      Besides the hockey, there are a number of "Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dives" restaurants there as well as over in Superior, WI.

The Lake Superior Railroad Museum there is among the finest railroad museums I have ever set foot in. The Lake Superior Maritime Visitor Center is also worthy.

The drive into town from the south on I-35, entering the town, is pretty spectacular. The town is on the lakeshore and rises up into the bluffs surrounding the lake and it is a long curvy 6% grade down to lake level from the bluffs. The elevation difference is about 1,000 feet. As you enter from the south, and crest the bluffs, you can see the entire city from up there in a panoramic view. I had a flashback to some of the views I had when I was in Rio, on my first trip to Duluth. And, FYI, no exaggeration, Duluth makes San Francisco look positively flat. It is unbelievably hilly. There are streets downtown that I have no idea how they even get navigated in the winter. Some of them are so steep they are scary drives on dry pavement, even.

Stay at Fitgers (an old brewery converted into a hotel that has shuttles to UMD games) and be sure to eat at Pizza Luce'.

Comment

I'm reposting the following after posting it on the Denver thread last week.

===>Well, well, well. Oh, the things you can learn when you do a little investigative snooping.

I spent a little time on the Ricthie Center calendar earlier today. I wanted to see if a few events had been scheduled for later this year and--operating merely on a longshot whim--looked to see if any hockey dates for the 2015-2016 schedule had been reserved. Not only have all home dates been reserved, but names of opponents have been put in place as well. Bear in mind the NCHC hasn't announced its schedule for next season, but I have a gut feeling the folks at the Ricthie Center are doing more than taking wild guesses by scheduling these dates. Here's what I found in terms of dates and opponents. Again, this data may not be "official" as far as the NCHC is concerned, but it's more than a little interesting. Since the Ritchie Center calendar only lists data for events occurring within its many venues no data is posted concerning dates and opponents for road hockey games in the 2015-2016 season. The specific dates for the home CC games were unclear, but one seems to be in early November with the other in mid-February.

October 10 Air Force
        October 11 Calgary
        October 16 Michigan State
        October 17 Michigan State
        December 11 Saint Cloud
        December 12 Saint Cloud
        January 1 Notre Dame
        January 2 Notre Dame
        January 15 Western Michigan
        January 16 Western Michigan
        January 22 Duluth
        January 23 Duluth
        February 12 NoDak
        February 13 NoDak
        March 4 Neb-O
        March 5 Neb-O <===
        sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Here is UNO's home schedule next season, which is maybe not 100% complete as this is only 19 home games and there are usually 20-22.

Oct 23rd & 24th Air Force (they get the honor of opening our new arena)
          Nov 6th & 7th Minnesota-Duluth
          Nov 27th & 28th Ohio State
          Dec 19th & 20th Arizona State (these are Saturday-Sunday dates)
          Jan 2nd Trinity Western (exhibition)
          Jan 8th & 9th Denver
          Jan 22nd & 23rd Miami
          Feb 12th & 13th Western Michigan
          Feb 19th & 20th St. Cloud State
          Feb 26th & 27th North Dakota
          Mar 11th,12th, & 13th (if needed) NCHC Playoffs (if at home)

UNO has historically played a home opener exhibition game. That isn't happening this season, Air Force is THE home opener, period. I would think we are playing somebody, somewhere, before our home opener with Air Force. The latest UNO has EVER started a season, exhibition or otherwise, is October 19th, and there is only one other season that has started in the third week of October in school history and that one was on the 17th. Methinks we'll be playing someone, somewhere, on the road, before we open our new digs.

UNO for sure has a trip to North Dakota (they are our designated rival and we are the only NCHC team that gets them home and away every season) and I am pretty sure we are going to Mankato, too, since they were here this season. Since UAH was here this season, perhaps we'll be going there as well.

Anybody asking "Air Force?" needs to know the reason is because (seriously) they were the victims of our first ever win in program history, which was at Air Force in '97. Former UNO Head Coach and now Assistant AD Mike Kemp "felt nostalgic" about this and that is the actual reason.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
            January 22 Duluth
            January 23 Duluth
            Highly tempted to make this trip....great to know.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              Highly tempted to make this trip....great to know.
              Pick up Jack in Urbandale... he'll go with
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                Pick up Jack in Urbandale... he'll go with
                I'd fly. Flights to Denver are cheap. Hoping for a CC trip earlier in the year.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                  The Lake Superior Railroad Museum there is among the finest railroad museums I have ever set foot in. The Lake Superior Maritime Visitor Center is also worthy.
                  Being a history buff, I like the Railroad Museum as well. I also like to try and fit a tour of the Glensheen Mansion in.
                  Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                  FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                  NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                  NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                  NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                  NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                  Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                  Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                    Besides the hockey, there are a number of "Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dives" restaurants there as well as over in Superior, WI.

The drive into town from the south on I-35, entering the town, is pretty spectacular. The town is on the lakeshore and rises up into the bluffs surrounding the lake and it is a long curvy 6% grade down to lake level from the bluffs. The elevation difference is about 1,000 feet. As you enter from the south, and crest the bluffs, you can see the entire city from up there in a panoramic view. I had a flashback to some of the views I had when I was in Rio, on my first trip to Duluth. And, FYI, no exaggeration, Duluth makes San Francisco look positively flat. It is unbelievably hilly. There are streets downtown that I have no idea how they even get navigated in the winter. Some of them are so steep they are scary drives on dry pavement, even.

Stay at Fitgers (an old brewery converted into a hotel that has shuttles to UMD games) and be sure to eat at Pizza Luce'.
                    Absolute truth about the drive. Although I've only seen time-lapse videos of it, it looks to be quite the sight.

Comment

• Re: The 2015-16 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Absolute truth about the drive. Although I've only seen time-lapse videos of it, it looks to be quite the sight.
                      There is a Rest Area/Visitor's Center just off of I-35 before you start your decent into Duluth that is worth the stop. It has a pretty awesome overlook of Duluth and the St. Louis River. If this is an early season trip, the fall colors could be decent.
                      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Didn't see this one in the spreadsheet yet...

Per the Badger Hockey Digest video, NMU at UW Oct 9/10

They mentioned this as the first series of the year for UW.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                          There is a Rest Area/Visitor's Center just off of I-35 before you start your decent into Duluth that is worth the stop. It has a pretty awesome overlook of Duluth and the St. Louis River. If this is an early season trip, the fall colors could be decent.
                          Right before the Visitor's Center are the signs like you'd see in Colorado about "6% grades ahead". I turned to my wife and said "What?". We stopped at the Visitor Center and walked down there to it and then saw why out the back of it. It is an impressive sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            I see that there is no news yet as to whether WMU will defend the Michigan Belt next season.
                            I think it should be stripped. They can't keep ducking out.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              I think it should be stripped. They can't keep ducking out.
                              I had that thought also.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

[QUOTE=Red Cows;6137668]Here is UNO's home schedule next season, which is maybe not 100% complete as this is only 19 home games and there are usually 20-22.

Feb 19th & 20th St. Cloud State

Hoping to get the group to head down there to see the new arena for this series. Don't think I have any conflicts for the series for a change.

Comment

Working...
                                X