Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2015-16 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    They'll do that, because it's easier to display a tentative date and put a "subject to change" note in the document. We can pretty much figure when the Beanpot will be (first two Mondays in February), so our adjustment is easy enough, as my spreadsheet has an area where we can say who an opponent is (along with where if we know it), but we don't know when.

Also, there's no guarantee that it gets moved. The game with Brown this past year didn't get moved.
    Weather permitting.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
      Interesting addition to the schedules of both UNO and Wisconsin on back-to-back nights:

http://www.langleyadvance.com/sports...016-1.1795771#

Other than a single game against the Under 18 team in February of the '12-'13 season (a game that is omitted from the season-by-season schedule in the "Oh, so accurate" UNO Press Guide), this will be the first in-season exhibition game for UNO since the '98-'99 season. And, it is an odd opponent to say the least and even odder still is when. UNO has been playing "two for two" non-conference series over the New Year's Holiday the past several seasons.

The Saturday night the day after New Year's Day, a night on which one of the BCS national semifinal games will probably be played? And this is who UNO schedules? The school projected sell-outs for every game next season in their revenue projections for UNO's new arena. Unless the entire season sells out in advance, I predict there is no way this game is a sell-out. As a season ticket holder, I can tell you here and now it is unlikely I will go out of my way to attend this game. I mean, for what? For the novelty of seeing UNO play a team they are unlikely to ever face again, in a game that doesn't count, and is an open invitation to getting someone injured in a meaningless game in a season where I personally believe UNO might be both an NCHC and NCAA title threat? I don't see the sense in this at all.
      Perhaps they're looking for a "refresher" after the Christmas Break.

Comment

LSSU plays NMU on Saturday October 17 as part of Great Lakes State Weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Weather permitting.
          All games are weather permitting. They can also be facilities permitting. I recall BC having some fog problems in my senior year, so the women played at HFH with BC as the "home team".

Comment

Originally posted by Section P View Post
            I'll assume that's one of the non-conference games? It can be switched around later if need be.

Comment

Must mean the Lakers play at NMU Friday, October 16.

EDIT: Here is the link http://www.lssu.edu/glsw/documents/G...ndSchedule.pdf
              Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 03-21-2015, 01:02 PM.
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

LSSU should be playing Arizona State October 23-24. On a Laker Hockey Show a couple weeks ago (March 9), Damon Whitten said the Lakers would play ASU early in the season within the first few weeks before the typical start of WCHA conference play which is usually late October. The only open dates between LSSU and ASU in October is the 23rd-24th.

I should of mentioned this earlier, but Damon Whitten also mentioned about the Lakers end of season schedule on a Laker Hockey Show (March 16). He said we play at UAA, then come home for series (didn't mention the team), and then play at Ferris State for the regular season finale weekend.

Comment

Great Lakes State Weekend?
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    Great Lakes State Weekend?
                    It's essentially homecoming for LSSU.

Comment

It's essentially homecoming for LSSU.
                      I think Biddco was poking fun at Section P for call it Great Lakes State Weekend instead of Great Lake State Weekend

Comment

Michigan's non-conference schedule is really an unknown this year.

They have already completed every home and home they've scheduled unless they're going to RPI which in that case.........
                        ---
                        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                        19 Conference Championships
                        10 Conference Tournament Championships
                        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                          I think Biddco was poking fun at Section P for call it Great Lakes State Weekend instead of Great Lake State Weekend
                          Nope! It was a serious question. I had heard of it before but forgot what it was called. I was wondering if it was the return of the "Superior Cup/Showcase" but that would be silly.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                            Michigan's non-conference schedule is really an unknown this year.

They have already completed every home and home they've scheduled unless they're going to RPI which in that case.........
                            We know you're playing at RPI and Union for one each, and then Union is going to you for a pair the next year. WaP predicted late October, but we'll wait to be sure.

Comment

We know you're playing at RPI and Union for one each, and then Union is going to you for a pair the next year. WaP predicted late October, but we'll wait to be sure.
                              http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...an-in-2015-16/

18 months old but mentions 10/23 and 10/24 as dates.

Comment

Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post
                                http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...an-in-2015-16/

18 months old but mentions 10/23 and 10/24 as dates.
                                Ugh. This deal was made before the fans and alumni ran the AD who made the deal out of town. Thankfully, we have an AD who is not out of touch now, so maybe he'll schedule some home-and-homes with some other old CCHA teams.

LSSU, BGSU, ND etc.

I'd say NMU, but for whatever reason they don't wanna come to Yost. I mean, I guess I can't blame them given their history when coming down here. Can't shy away in the GLI, though.
                                ---
                                National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                                Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                                19 Conference Championships
                                10 Conference Tournament Championships
                                2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X