Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 164

Thread: UA_ @ ACC...continued

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,279

    UA_ @ ACC...continued

    Old thread is locked.

    UA_, dump bears, edge of nowhere, Caribou Tech, etc.

    ACC, seapuppies, seaweed, Los Anchorage, Under Achieving Alaskans, etc.

    Discuss...

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,882

    Re: UA_ @ ACC...continued

    Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Old thread is locked.

    UA_, dump bears, edge of nowhere, Caribou Tech, etc.

    ACC, seapuppies, seaweed, Los Anchorage, Under Achieving Alaskans, etc.

    Discuss...
    Your rich journalistic skills flummox me once more and yet again. You wear your UA_ Degree well. Nice headline sport…....you outdid yourself.
    Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 03-02-2015 at 12:02 AM.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    Your rich journalistic skills flummox me once more and yet again. You wear your UA_ Degree well. Nice headline sport…....you outdid yourself.
    Brevity is an art.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,279

    Re: UA_ @ ACC...continued

    If any of you care about the University of Alaska not becoming compromised to something along the lines of an online degree factory laughingstock, I would strongly encourage you to either show up at a LIO for the House Finance Committee public testimony hearings or write a letter to the Committee. The House Subcommittee for the UA system has basically said through their recent actions that higher education doesn't matter in Alaska, and the larger HFC is now considering those recommendations. Do something about it, and don't just count on the Senate to bail UA out.

    Read all about the carnage here: https://www.alaska.edu/state/report/

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,431

    Re: UA_ @ ACC...continued

    Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    If any of you care about the University of Alaska not becoming compromised to something along the lines of an online degree factory laughingstock, I would strongly encourage you to either show up at a LIO for the House Finance Committee public testimony hearings or write a letter to the Committee. The House Subcommittee for the UA system has basically said through their recent actions that higher education doesn't matter in Alaska, and the larger HFC is now considering those recommendations. Do something about it, and don't just count on the Senate to bail UA out.

    Read all about the carnage here: https://www.alaska.edu/state/report/
    Wilson, Coghill, Bishop, Kelly, who did I miss?
    They fit right in with serving the good folks up there on the edge of nowhere.
    Yes we have our jewels down here also.
    They were all elected by and for the corporations they serve.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,431

    Re: UA_ @ ACC...continued

    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Wilson, Coghill, Bishop, Kelly, who did I miss?
    They fit right in with serving the good folks up there on the edge of nowhere.
    Yes we have our jewels down here also.
    They were all elected by and for the corporations they serve.
    The embarrassment to you UA_ folks was intentional.
    You elected those bozos.
    Now they stay true to form and want to gut the University.
    Tammie Wilson....what a deep thinking individual....NOT!!
    She must be a UA_ graduate.
    Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 03-02-2015 at 10:53 PM.

  7. #7
    Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    2,059

    Re: UA_ @ ACC...continued

    As much as I want the Governors Cup, I'd still be happy with keeping UAA out of the playoffs. UAA does seem to improve when they play us but if the Nooks can play the way they did against Mankato then I can easily see two wins. The shootout however, not confident at all in that category with Cahill vs Mantha...the wins against Mankato was mainly thanks for a very strong defensive game in the Nooks zone by all defenseman and forwards. Cahill let in a breakaway goal against Alabama and I think a few other times when he's been in net which scares me since those will be the kind of shots he'll face if the series is decided by a shootout. Hoping the week flies by!! I'm super excited for the games!!

  8. #8
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,928

    Re: UA_ @ ACC...continued

    Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    As much as I want the Governors Cup, I'd still be happy with keeping UAA out of the playoffs. UAA does seem to improve when they play us but if the Nooks can play the way they did against Mankato then I can easily see two wins. The shootout however, not confident at all in that category with Cahill vs Mantha...the wins against Mankato was mainly thanks for a very strong defensive game in the Nooks zone by all defenseman and forwards. Cahill let in a breakaway goal against Alabama and I think a few other times when he's been in net which scares me since those will be the kind of shots he'll face if the series is decided by a shootout. Hoping the week flies by!! I'm super excited for the games!!
    And if UAA plays the way they did against Bowling Green, there will be yet another sweep of the Nanooks.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    And if UAA plays the way they did against Bowling Green, there will be yet another sweep of the Nanooks.
    We should probably just forfeit if UAA might play well.

  10. #10
    Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    And if UAA plays the way they did against Bowling Green, there will be yet another sweep of the Nanooks.
    You have one good game against bowling green and feel unstoppable. The Nanooks are responsible for 2 of the 6 losses Mankato has...I feel that's a bit more impressive than one win against Bowling Green. I don't deny that UAA improves when they've played the Nooks in recent years, but I'm not impressed by one win against a lower ranked team than a 2-1-1 record against a team that's been in the top 5 in the nation for most of the season.

  11. #11
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,928

    Re: UA_ @ ACC...continued

    Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    We should probably just forfeit if UAA might play well.
    I agree! In fact, when we swept you guys in Fairbanks, you said "congrats on winning the Governor's Cup". Remember?
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  12. #12
    Bleeding Green & Gold
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The 907
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    You have one good game against bowling green and feel unstoppable. The Nanooks are responsible for 2 of the 6 losses Mankato has...I feel that's a bit more impressive than one win against Bowling Green. I don't deny that UAA improves when they've played the Nooks in recent years, but I'm not impressed by one win against a lower ranked team than a 2-1-1 record against a team that's been in the top 5 in the nation for most of the season.
    Great job. That should earn you a playoff spot. But. No...

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,882

    Re: UA_ @ ACC...continued

    [QUOTE=Squarebanks;6114069]We should probably just forfeit if UAA might play well.[/QUOTE

    You are one of the best at that .....what's 1 or 2 more after a string of 60.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,882

    Re: UA_ @ ACC...continued

    Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    You have one good game against bowling green and feel unstoppable. The Nanooks are responsible for 2 of the 6 losses Mankato has...I feel that's a bit more impressive than one win against Bowling Green. I don't deny that UAA improves when they've played the Nooks in recent years, but I'm not impressed by one win against a lower ranked team than a 2-1-1 record against a team that's been in the top 5 in the nation for most of the season.
    When is Forrest Karr getting inducted into the UA_ Hall of Fame?
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,279
    [QUOTE=Alaska Hockey;6114093]
    Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    We should probably just forfeit if UAA might play well.[/QUOTE

    You are one of the best at that .....what's 1 or 2 more after a string of 60.
    Vacations, not forfeits. At least get the terminology right.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    I agree! In fact, when we swept you guys in Fairbanks, you said "congrats on winning the Governor's Cup". Remember?
    I did, and since all UAA has to do is figure out how to get one little point on home ice you'll probably get the trophy. Considering that the Nanooks were one of two unbeaten NCAA teams in the month of February, I'll gladly tip my hat to whatever you can get this weekend. Which is fine with me when our consolation could be ending your season.

    Five years is a great run and everything ends eventually. But revenge is a dish best served cold.

  17. #17
    Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by UAA08 View Post
    Great job. That should earn you a playoff spot. But. No...
    At least we COULD have made it had we not been made an example of by the NCAA. At least we were good enough to have a record that would earn us a spot in the playoffs...what's your excuse?

  18. #18
    Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    When is Forrest Karr getting inducted into the UA_ Hall of Fame?
    Probably the same time Shyiak is....

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,279
    Quote Originally Posted by uaficeangel View Post
    probably the same time shyiak's water bottle is....
    fify

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,882

    Re: UA_ @ ACC...continued

    Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    Probably the same time Shyiak's water bottle is....
    How many water bottles can you buy for $30,000.00 ?
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •