RPI Pros VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pros VI

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Pirri has scored in each of the first two periods of Vegas' game with Vancouver this evening.

Comment

Nice of BP for giving me some props at the 1:24 mark

Comment

BP was optioned back to Chicago Wolves today.

Comment

Congrats to Drewwwwwww on his first pro point in tonight’s Hart. vs Prov. game. 15:35 HFD Ryan Gropp (12) ASST: Vinni Lettieri (13), Drew Melanson (1) ....... https://theahl.com/stats/game-summary/1018168

Comment

Recognize a former Engineer?........here’s the Roster if you want to cheat http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...046532007.html
                Last edited by turk181; 04-17-2018, 07:56 PM.

Comment

The Adirondack Thunder of the ECHL, who lost in the first round of the playoffs last year and were eliminated, have now won their first round series and just won their second round series with a 3-2 triple OT win to move to the finals of the east. They will be playing one of the best teams in the league, the Florida Everblades. BTW, the coach of the Thunder who now has them one series away from the Turner Cup finals is former RPI standout forward, Brad Tapper!! Keep it going BT and let's add another cup to your resume.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Will Parker Reno now be known as Reneu. Good luck to Parker as he’s signed to play for GAP in France.... http://www.lesrapacesdegap.fr/actual...ment-defensif/

Comment

It was just five years ago that you could have made an argument that Jason Kasdorf and Connor Hellebuyck were the two best freshman goalies in eastern college hockey, if not the entire NCAA.

Hellebuyck's stats were fantastic, with a save percentage of .952 and a GAA of 1.37, but Kasdorf's were pretty eye-catching, too - save percentage of .935 and GAA of 1.63.

Five years later, Hellebuyck is making 36 saves (and somehow not being named one of the three stars of the game) to win Game 7 of a Stanley Cup quarterfinal series from the team The Hockey News picked as the Cup favorites.

And Kazzy is wondering "What am I doing kicking around in the ECHL?"

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                        And Kazzy is wondering "What am I doing kicking around in the ECHL?"
                        Injuries are a *****. I firmly believe if he'd stayed healthy for his 4 (or however many) years at RPI, he'd have made the show.
                        RPI Pep Band
                        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                          Injuries are a *****. I firmly believe if he'd stayed healthy for his 4 (or however many) years at RPI, he'd have made the show.
                          Agree totally. i felt he was one of the most talented goalies to come to Troy and never understood why his star did not continue to rise in the sky. He seemed to have all the tools and just great judgement in net.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Agree totally. i felt he was one of the most talented goalies to come to Troy and never understood why his star did not continue to rise in the sky. He seemed to have all the tools and just great judgement in net.
                            I don't know what a goalie has to do to get permanent job in the NHL. I thought that York showed enough in his short stint in Columbus to earn a shot at a job (starting/backup). He never made it.
                            I think that the best goalie at RPI since I have been watching (1993) was Joel Laing, and he never even came close to the NHL.
                            I just don't get it.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              I don't know what a goalie has to do to get permanent job in the NHL. I thought that York showed enough in his short stint in Columbus to earn a shot at a job (starting/backup). He never made it.
                              I think that the best goalie at RPI since I have been watching (1993) was Joel Laing, and he never even came close to the NHL.
                              I just don't get it.
                              Probably a combination of skill and luck. There's only 31 slots available (obviously backup slots too, but I assume you're talking starter here). Sure, you have a chance to make your "big break", and you really have to show up for it. And then comes the luck factor. Columbus already had an established #1 they really wanted, so York faded in the limelight. But if you're really good (and he did get a few wins, don't recall his stats overall), perhaps you make yourself good fodder for a trade with a team that actually needs a goalie? The job doesn't come up all that much, so timing is of the essence.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Probably a combination of skill and luck. There's only 31 slots available (obviously backup slots too, but I assume you're talking starter here). Sure, you have a chance to make your "big break", and you really have to show up for it. And then comes the luck factor. Columbus already had an established #1 they really wanted, so York faded in the limelight. But if you're really good (and he did get a few wins, don't recall his stats overall), perhaps you make yourself good fodder for a trade with a team that actually needs a goalie? The job doesn't come up all that much, so timing is of the essence.
                                Check out Yorks stats, and tell me why he didn't get a shot (I would accept a backup).
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_York

Never had a losing record in the pros.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X