Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pros VI

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    SYRACUSE, N.Y. – The Syracuse Crunch have recalled goaltender Allen York from the Greenville Swamp Rabbits of the ECHL, general manager Julien BriseBois announced today. http://www.syracusecrunch.com/news/2...023151838.aspx
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Did that guy in the middle play for SLU?
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-25-2015, 02:42 PM.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

SYRACUSE, N.Y. – The Syracuse Crunch have recalled goaltender Allen York from the Greenville Swamp Rabbits of the ECHL, general manager Julien BriseBois announced today. http://www.syracusecrunch.com/news/2...023151838.aspx
        G Kevin Poulin cleared waivers & Tampa sends him down to Syracuse. Likely effect will be Yorkie being sent back to Greenville. Yorkie got a start last night for Syr. but lost to Utica 4-0, he gave up all 4g. stopping 22 of 26.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Today Andrew franks kicked 5 PATs (and missed one). So far all in the first half!!! He needs a few FGs today though to get his scoring up near the kicking leaders.

Edit: Add a 53 yard field goal (that would have been good from much further out). These guys kick 50+ FGs so easily now. I am old enough to remember the record kick of 56 yards made by a Baltimore Colt kicker Bert R(could never spell it). That record stood for years until Tom Dempsey came along.
          Last edited by DrDemento; 10-25-2015, 03:05 PM.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Good old Bert Rechichar.

He's been waiting a long time for his first mention on USCHO.

This is getting away from college hockey a little bit, but I looked up Rechichar's career.

The 56-yarder was the first field goal he ever made in the NFL. He kicked a grand total of 31 in his pro career.

By comparison, with the 2015 season not yet half over, Steven Hauschka (there's another name for you) of the Seahawks has made 16 field goals already this year.
            Last edited by Waite21; 10-26-2015, 03:21 PM.

Comment

I figured you would come in and help me with the correct spelling for Bert's name. Only us old timers remember stuff like this. My football idol from those days was Lou 'the toe' Groza. I guess most kids had quarterbacks and running backs as their favorites but for me it was "The Toe'. i only brought it up since I think Andrew is going to get one from outside that 56 yard range soon. Not keen on his missed PAT spoiling a perfect Sunday but he is about number 7 in average distance on kick offs and has done nothing to make anyone think that he will not be an NFL level kicker for a long time.

Comment

G Kevin Poulin cleared waivers & Tampa sends him down to Syracuse. Likely effect will be Yorkie being sent back to Greenville. Yorkie got a start last night for Syr. but lost to Utica 4-0, he gave up all 4g. stopping 22 of 26.
                Greenville, S.C. – The Greenville Swamp Rabbits, proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL’s Hartford Wolf Pack, today announced goaltender Allen York has been reassigned to the club from the AHL’s Syracuse Crunch. In a related move, rookie netminder P.J. Musico has been released...... http://www.swamprabbits.com/allen-yo...-ahl-syracuse/

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Congrats to Luke on his first pro point (assist). Ordinarily I would wait for a player’s 1st goal but ....... http://echl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=12703

Comment

Almost unnoticed this weekend was the fact that Andrew Franks missed his only field goal attempt of the game as Miami just got blown out. however, that attempt , which was a bit short and a bit wide, was from 63 yards out! For an NHL team to even have a kicker try that distance, they had to have some feeling that he could make it. If the Dolphins even just think Franks can kick one that far, then their confidence in his leg has to be quite high.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        Almost unnoticed this weekend was the fact that Andrew Franks missed his only field goal attempt of the game as Miami just got blown out. however, that attempt , which was a bit short and a bit wide, was from 63 yards out! For an NHL team to even have a kicker try that distance, they had to have some feeling that he could make it. If the Dolphins even just think Franks can kick one that far, then their confidence in his leg has to be quite high.
                        Since when do they kick field goals in hockey?

End of the first half, might as well try for it. It's a yard short of the record now (Matt Prater did a 64-yarder). Looks like it went more to the left than it was short. Not too worried about it. Western game's at San Diego instead of Denver this year, so can't take advantage of the altitude.

Comment

FD: My point was simply that they allowed him to try from a distance that most would not have ever dreamed of. If that is not a vote of confidence, I am not sure what is.

Comment

Mark McGowan is playing in the SPHL for the Macon Mayhem.... http://maconmayhem.pointstreaksites....em/team/roster

Comment

A quick check on how Nicky Bailen’s season is going...... I’ld say it’s pretty good; http://en.khl.ru/stat/

Comment

Nov. 11; CONTRACTED PLAYERS RELEASED (eligible for waivers/waiver claims): Reading:
                                Curtis Leonard, D...... http://www.echl.com/echl-transactions-nov-11-p200288#

Comment

Working...
                                X