Michigan St @ Minnesota Thursday 2/26 & Friday 2/27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan St @ Minnesota Thursday 2/26 & Friday 2/27

IIRC, they removed the names to avoid "targeting of the refs" by fans. With little effort, you can match up numbers to names though.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Subscribed because who owns the traveling trophy?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Not even sure why this is a Thurs-Fri series. The only reasoning I have is it sets up a BTN Minnesota-MSU doubleheader because we're also the basketball game at 7. This also means we can expect to have the hockey game start late or watch the game already in progress around 9:15.

They also made the UM-OSU series Fri-Sun last week because the basketball game was on Sunday. Except the bball game was on CBS and hockey on FSD+ so that one really made no sense.
        The UM-OSU hockey series was a home-and-home, so the day off on Saturday was a travel day.

Comment

Michigan State always plays tough against us, seems the last few series against them have been 1 goal games with OT sprinkled in there too. They currently are tied for 12th in the country for team defense at 2.25 goals. Goaltending save % is .926 with a 2.18 GAA, very solid numbers. We will have to be crashing the net hard this weekend to try and score dirty. The one downside for MSU is they are at 44th in the country for team offense with 2.29 goals scored a game.

The Gophers need to play good D and bury the chances they will get against the Spartans, otherwise we could see some more OT.
          Originally posted by CavalryNate
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

My theory is that MSU has partially geared their play style to Michigan. And Michigan's style is in the direction of Minnesota's. So hence, they're not as surprised as most when the face MN.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

I'm sorry ... did somebody say something?

Comment

MSU has just suspended D Carson Gatt and F Dylan Pavelek indefinitely for violation of team rules. Both play on a regular basis, I think Gatt has played every game, so it will impact the lineup this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                  MSU has just suspended D Carson Gatt and F Dylan Pavelek indefinitely for violation of team rules. Both play on a regular basis, I think Gatt has played every game, so it will impact the lineup this weekend.
                  That hurts. Gophers haven't had to deal with any suspensions this season, but have had some injuries to key players that have hurt this season. Connor Reilly (one of their goals leaders when he went out) will still be out this weekend.

Should be a good series. As others have noted, these two teams have played some very hard fought, close games recently. Expect more of the same this weekend.
                  @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                  On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                  High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

I'm sure MSU will try to slow us down by clogging the neutral zone, hope they don't go all badger-like though. (I mean come on the badgers play some boring *** hockey) I expect to see 3 spartan players collapsing and hanging around their crease to keep our grade A scoring chances down and to the outside. Maybe the olympic size sheet will open it up more for us.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                      I'm sorry ... did somebody say something?
                      Yes! Is your volume on mute?
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                        Gatt's absence has a tad more impact, although it seems now that MSU's D corps is a little more solid (and deep). I don't know if this shakes things up too much. Although we may see more from the likes of Bondra and (take your pick) Sorensen or Hoomaian the next couple of weekends.

Comment

Sweet another trapping team.
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Soooooooo, I know the general rule is that there is to be no hockey talk until Thursday. But since this series starts on Thursday are we allowed to start taking hockey on Wednesday or...?

I'm actually looking forward to the game tomorrow even if it is on a Thursday Excited to head down to Mariucci!
                            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Nothing wrong with a game on a Thursday. I know the cool thing is to rip on the B1G about games during the week, different game times etc... and all that crapola.

Over on GPL the whining is high, pretty funny stuff. They act like they've never watched a hockey game during the week, but yet the Wild play during the week.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                                Nothing wrong with a game on a Thursday. I know the cool thing is to rip on the B1G about games during the week, different game times etc... and all that crapola.

Over on GPL the whining is high, pretty funny stuff. They act like they've never watched a hockey game during the week, but yet the Wild play during the week.
                                I never really minded weekday games. Gives me something to do on those nights while not making me late for any weekend plans.

Comment

Working...
                                X