No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones, Season V: Arya Ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of Thrones, Season V: Arya Ready?

I guess judging by the epilogue to Book III, someone we thought dead has some unfinished business (having made a gruesome cameo, grinning from ear to ear, so to speak ).

Re: Game of Thrones, Season V: Arya Ready?

Two months and two days until the new season of the show begins (April 12). You're getting a bit too far ahead of things, wouldn't you say?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Two months and two days until the new season of the show begins (April 12). You're getting a bit too far ahead of things, wouldn't you say?
      Pitchers and catchers. Position players soon to follow.

Comment

That pun is unsupportable. And thus makes me very happy.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
          I guess judging by the epilogue to Book III, someone we thought dead has some unfinished business (having made a gruesome cameo, grinning from ear to ear, so to speak ).
          While I know what you're talking about, having read that far, I'm not sure others who have only watched the show would want to know this....

(with that said, I would have to think you're right)
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            While I know what you're talking about, having read that far, I'm not sure others who have only watched the show would want to know this....

With Lena Headey's tweet, it seems probable.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

GoT released a new season 5 trailer that showed a particular maester who I expected to have fallen when Lord Bolton's bast@rd sacked Winterfell. Is this the guy people are talking about here?
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

GoT released a new season 5 trailer that showed a particular maester who I expected to have fallen when Lord Bolton's bast@rd sacked Winterfell. Is this the guy people are talking about here?
                No, that is not it. I don't want to ruin anything, so I won't say anything more. I haven't seen anything about this in any of the trailers.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

To be honest, the character that people are referring to has yet to really be talked about. There have been zero reports of that actor/actress being back on set, and if they were going to do something with that character, there might have been some reference to some stuff happening in some of the exposition conversation during S4.

Honestly: I kind of doubt that we will see that character.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    To be honest, the character that people are referring to has yet to really be talked about. There have been zero reports of that actor/actress being back on set, and if they were going to do something with that character, there might have been some reference to some stuff happening in some of the exposition conversation during S4.

Honestly: I kind of doubt that we will see that character.
                    That would be very disappointing. I think they need that storyline to fill out the next season without getting into Winds of Winter.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

And since we've already broached the subject, I'm guessing we want to keep this thread TV-Spoiler free? I have only read through book 3, I am going to read 4 and 5 after this season. Trying to stay kind of in line with the TV series, which is obviously tough with the timeline differences. So I don't really want to see anything that is a spoiler from books 4 and 5, until I read them or see it on the screen. If this is a spoiler thread, I can easily avoid it, no big deal.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

And since we've already broached the subject, I'm guessing we want to keep this thread TV-Spoiler free? I have only read through book 3, I am going to read 4 and 5 after this season. Trying to stay kind of in line with the TV series, which is obviously tough with the timeline differences. So I don't really want to see anything that is a spoiler from books 4 and 5, until I read them or see it on the screen. If this is a spoiler thread, I can easily avoid it, no big deal.
                        I too would like to be able to discuss the show here, having not read any of the books.

Comment

Last year, IIRC, we asked that anybody discussing book/show differences have that conversation using white text. Most people followed it though one or two guys got a bit persnickety with idea.

I don't see why we can't the same model again this year.

Comment

Last year, IIRC, we asked that anybody discussing book/show differences have that conversation using white text. Most people followed it though one or two guys got a bit persnickety with idea.

I don't see why we can't the same model again this year.
                            That works for me.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

In that case, I'll go spoilery in white text, through the end of A Storm of Swords. I have accidentally seen some spoilers from the next 2 books, but I won't get into that, because I don't want to accidentally see more spoilers.

Expectations:
                              Based on what I've seen through book 3 and the end of season 4, the books and the TV series are at about the same timeline. It seems like the next 2 books should have plenty of content to base the next season on.

My guesses are that we'll see undead Catelyn (arrived in epilogue of book 3) show up with the Brotherhood Without Banners. We'll see some more at the wall that was covered at the very end of book 3, and not shown in the TV show....meaning, the election. Also, am I correct that Balon Greyjoy is dead early in book 3, or maybe book 2, but he's still alive at the end of season 4? Seems like there is some catching up to do in the Iron Islands...
                              Non-spoilery. I would imagine that we'll see some good progression on the Arya in Braavos storyline, leaving off right where we left off at the end of season 4. Also, I'm sure they'll have a bunch of Tyrion, after his fleeing from King's Landing. I'm getting very bored with Dany's storyline and her **** dragons....I hope something interesting comes up there soon. I am very interested to see what happens in King's Landing without the influence of Tywin...My guess is that Cersei lets all hell break loose.
                              Last edited by bigblue_dl; 03-10-2015, 02:03 PM.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                              X