Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXII: No Where To Go But Up!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXII: No Where To Go But Up!

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
    In choosing between going to this weekend's games and not going to this weekend's games, I easily choose going to this weekend's games. If you ask me if I wish there could be another series after Saturday, I'd say yes. (I suppose that's similar to wanting to jump ahead to next year.)
    I am not going tonight only because I am going on a scout camp-out, but am going tomorrow.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

What Tim said.

And

Let's Go RED!!!
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        No offense, but this season can't over fast enough for me. It's been embarrassing and I have not enjoyed the games this season, like I have in the past. I walked out on multiple occasions this year. More than all past years combined.
        +1.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Just got the hockey insider and Ustaski is supposed to be back tonight. Peterson in goal tonight, Rumpel tomorrow.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Yeah, fvck this season and the horse it rode in on.

Can't be over soon enough.

Luckily I'm at a tourney instead.

To those still going to the games, I hope they get a pair of wins so at least you enjoy yourselves.

Wish I was in town for the women's game though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              To those still going to the games, I hope they get a pair of wins so at least you enjoy yourselves.
              p

I'm hoping for wins AND ice cream!

A guy can dream, can't he?

Comment

UW Hockey is going to find a way to split this weekend. Who would have thought? Hope it does not save Eaves UW career.

Comment

Crowd tonight, dear lord.
                  WISCONSIN BADGERS
                  NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                  WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                  WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                  B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                  Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

First season (in the modern era) without a weekend sweep.

Comment

I was impressed with the fight that the players showed in the game. That shootout was rough to watch though.
                      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                        First season (in the modern era) without a weekend sweep.
                        They can get an unconventional "sweep" next weekend...that would be more than pretty cool. I'm telling you there's a chance! I want to play either the rodents or the wolvies in the first game.

Curious that some D did the shootout before some of the F, but the staff knows who has the goods based on practice. It's kind of a sad commentary though that some of the D's are better than some of the F's in a shootout. It wasn't like Brendan Smith and Jake McCabe talent was out there shooting.

Petersen played very well. Too bad they got outmuscled on that first goal, but it wasn't a shock to see that happen. That D on that side was totally overmatched (I don't want to throw him under the bus). Awesome to see Navin pop a couple on Sr. night and have LaBate get some A's.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Curious that some D did the shootout before some of the F, but the staff knows who has the goods based on practice. It's kind of a sad commentary though that some of the D's are better than some of the F's in a shootout. It wasn't like Brendan Smith and Jake McCabe talent was out there shooting.
                          Shootout skills can be a strange thing. Sometimes the guys who are quite proficient are the guys you'd least expect.
                          Last edited by XYZ; 03-13-2015, 10:58 PM.
                          I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                            Crowd tonight, dear lord.
                            This is what Friday night crowds have looked like since the Christmas break. We estimated it at less than 5,000 people.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                              This is what Friday night crowds have looked like since the Christmas break. We estimated it at less than 5,000 people.
                              Maybe I'm bad at estimating numbers, but I find that very hard to believe. Even if there were literally zero people in the upper deck, that would mean the 100 and 200 levels would have to have been much emptier, thinking in terms of percentages.
                              Last edited by WiscDC; 03-13-2015, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                                Shootout skills can be a strange thing. Sometimes the guys who are quite proficient are the guys you'd least expect.
                                You are correct. Believe it or not, it was Dougherty beating out Cavallini in the team's practice shootout this week.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X