Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXII: No Where To Go But Up!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXII: No Where To Go But Up!

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
    Is this the actual UW athletic department men's hockey twitter account?
    Only the text. (Actually, looking at the bottom-right part of the image, you can see where I lazily didn't get rid of the text box and twitter background.)

Ahhh thanks, I am like a 90 year old when it comes to twitter. I am glad the picture was added out of humor from an outside source.

Wisko just filled me in on what a meme is......
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_meme

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      I believe the meme was added by DC, the text is from Badger Men's Hockey. I'm only guessing but it's probably run mostly by Paul Capobianco?
      Interns run it during games, I think Capo runs it during the week (for the most part). You can kind of tell from the tone of the tweets. Capo is pretty reserved, pretty mild mannered. If there's an exclamation point in the tweet, it probably didn't come from him.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4lK41SX-Q

Replace Macho Man with UW hockey

Andy is Mean Gene Okerlund
        Last edited by bucky15; 02-10-2015, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Love macho man. Good stuff.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Is Macho Man Riff Raff's dad?

Comment

Confused Bucky15..... Who is Elizabeth?

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                Ok, I'll just say it. I don't care how tough the schedule is, real or perceived...it's not asking a lot for the Wisconsin hockey team to have at least 10-14 wins by now. 10 in a down year.
                How about ONE win in conference play. 0-8-2 is just a complete joke, even if they have only played the top three teams in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                  How about ONE win in conference play. 0-8-2 is just a complete joke, even if they have only played the top three teams in the conference.
                  Agreed, 100%. We all new this year would be rough (my guess was a .500 season) but what's transpired is pathetic.
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I hope they are cautious with Hughes. I'd rather see him miss this weekend than take some sort of hit and be out for a longer period of time besides just 1 more weekend.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I've thought at different times throughout this season that this team reminds me of the situation in Eaves' first year here in that it's a major rebuilding project. Except that Bourque and Winchester were upperclassmen on that team which gave it a bit more punch up front, I suppose. Different make up among the freshman but there's some similar qualities in this group trying to surface it seems.

That team went 1-10-2 against the top 16 (teams that made the tournament) and 0-4 against DU who missed the NCAA's but was probably a top 20 team. The win came the last weekend of February when they went 1-0-1 against St Cloud, the last team into the NCAA's with a 17-15-5 record. (They also went 0-3-1 against MN St. for the other tie)

Away from home in '03 they did manage 3 road wins. One early in a tournament against a 10 win Northeastern and 2 against a 10 win Tech in early March. (one of those at Lambeau Field!) More freshman on this team and no NHL bound upperclassman forwards, (unless LaBate) but still very similar in their futility against the top 20.
                      Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 02-11-2015, 03:39 PM.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        I've thought at different times throughout this season that this team reminds me of the situation in Eaves' first year here in that it's a major rebuilding project. Except that Bourque and Winchester were upperclassmen on that team which gave it a bit more punch up front, I suppose. Different make up among the freshman but there's some similar qualities in this group trying to surface it seems.

That team went 1-10-2 against the top 16 (teams that made the tournament) and 0-4 against DU who missed the NCAA's but was probably a top 20 team. The win came the last weekend of February when they went 1-0-1 against St Cloud, the last team into the NCAA's with a 17-15-5 record. (They also went 0-3-1 against MN St. for the other tie)

Away from home in '03 they did manage 3 road wins. One early in a tournament against a 10 win Northeastern and 2 against a 10 win Tech in early March. (one of those at Lambeau Field!) More freshman on this team and no NHL bound upperclassman forwards, (unless LaBate) but still very similar in their futility against the top 20.
                        The problem with this years "major rebuilding effort" (I call it a major cluster ...., disaster, etc.) is: 1. this is Coach Eaves' recruiting class he isn't dealing with someone else's recruits, 2. he had a tremendous freshman class that year (Sauer's recruits) that were leaders and bought into his system, and 3. he has had 13 years to fix the recruiting roller coaster and hasn't done it. Also, because he doesn't have any upperclassmen forwards bound for the NHL this year is again of his own making. It shows what the poor recruiting has done to the program.

So puppies crapping on the carpet are his problem this year, no matter how you try to spin it.
                        Last edited by WiscTJK; 02-11-2015, 04:25 PM.
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                          The problem with this years "major rebuilding effort" (I call it a major cluster ...., disaster, etc.) is: 1. this is Coach Eaves' recruiting class he isn't dealing with someone else's recruits, 2. he had a tremendous freshman class that year (Sauer's recruits) that were leaders and bought into his system, and 3. he has had 13 years to fix the recruiting roller coaster and hasn't done it. Also, because he doesn't have any upperclassmen forwards bound for the NHL this year is again of his own making. It shows what the poor recruiting has done to the program.

So puppies crapping on the carpet are his problem this year, no matter how you try to spin it.
                          Its too bad that there is no hay in the barn for him to put down first for those puppies to crap on....
                          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                          Originally posted by UWisco
                          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

1. I'm not sure how who's recruits they were fits into it.

2. If that class was so tremendous, why couldn't they beat anybody that was any good that year? Maybe these guys are tremendous in the same way?

3. Eaves' "poor" recruiting has led to him having no NHL bound upperclassmen? How does that make sense? He recruited Woods and McCabe. They would be Seniors and have both played in the NHL this year. Odds are Kerdiles will play in the show before the end of what would be his Senior year (next year) as well. How is that "poor" recruiting? It seems your saying "good" recruiting would be getting NHL level talent that also stays 4 years. Great. Let's do that. Do you know where there's a stockpile of those guys somewhere?
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              1. I'm not sure how who's recruits they were fits into it.

2. If that class was so tremendous, why couldn't they beat anybody that was any good that year? Maybe these guys are tremendous in the same way?

3. Eaves' "poor" recruiting has led to him having no NHL bound upperclassmen? How does that make sense? He recruited Woods and McCabe. They would be Seniors and have both played in the NHL this year. Odds are Kerdiles will play in the show before the end of what would be his Senior year (next year) as well. How is that "poor" recruiting? It seems your saying "good" recruiting would be getting NHL level talent that also stays 4 years. Great. Let's do that. Do you know where there's a stockpile of those guys somewhere?
                              You may be the last Eaves apologist standing, but even you can't be this obtuse.

Eaves, and Eaves ALONE, is responsible for this disaster.

No matter how much you try to spin the reality and make various excuses that doesn't change the fact that in his 13th season Eaves has assembled a team that has managed a merger 2 wins and halfway through the conference slate is 0-8-2. This team isn't just bad, it is abysmal. It will go down in the historical record as THE worst Badger team ever.

Eaves, and Eaves ALONE, is responsible for this disaster. Every final decision with regards to players to recruit and coaches to hire was Eaves, and it is the accumulation of those decisions that have resulted in thus wholy unacceptable season and is PRECISELY why Eaves should be removed as head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                                You may be the last Eaves apologist standing, but even you can't be this obtuse.

Eaves, and Eaves ALONE, is responsible for this disaster.

No matter how much you try to spin the reality and make various excuses that doesn't change the fact that in his 13th season Eaves has assembled a team that has managed a merger 2 wins and halfway through the conference slate is 0-8-2. This team isn't just bad, it is abysmal. It will go down in the historical record as THE worst Badger team ever.

Eaves, and Eaves ALONE, is responsible for this disaster. Every final decision with regards to players to recruit and coaches to hire was Eaves, and it is the accumulation of those decisions that have resulted in thus wholy unacceptable season and is PRECISELY why Eaves should be removed as head coach.
                                Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comment

Working...
                                X