Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXII: No Where To Go But Up!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXII: No Where To Go But Up!

Is Minnesota that bad or is Ped ST that good? We didn't look horrible last weekend, but hung with MN.However Friday night vs. Ped St. I didn't think we looked good. TV and in person are different for sure. This is a horrible year; how long will it be before we climb out of this pit?
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      This is a horrible year; how long will it be before we climb out of this pit?
      I do not know about you, but I think we will climb out at the BIG tourney so we can be the absolute worst team to ever make the NCAAs. Records are still records. All we need is one more win* in a weekend (on the road) than we were able to get collectively the entire season home and away

*Not counting shootout wins because duh
      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Is Minnesota that bad or is Ped ST that good? We didn't look horrible last weekend, but hung with MN.However Friday night vs. Ped St. I didn't think we looked good. TV and in person are different for sure. This is a horrible year; how long will it be before we climb out of this pit?
        Next year........maybe. We've got 4 games with OSU left, perhaps UW can split those?

With BA writing that fantastic little letter supporting Eaves, and the season going nowhere, my idea of the Eaves/Gwoz co-coaches doesn't look to bad, does it?

Seriously, I wonder if there if any staff changes would be in the works for the offseason. Eaves would be a fool not to deeply evaluate how he does business after this season. He has to realize his players' performance is on him.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Is Minnesota that bad or is Ped ST that good? We didn't look horrible last weekend, but hung with MN.However Friday night vs. Ped St. I didn't think we looked good. TV and in person are different for sure.
          Penn State is actually pretty good. 17 upperclassmen, Musico is playing great, and they have really good top line... Just curious though if there are things you'd specifically point to that perhaps made you feel the Badgers didn't look very good Friday night? Obviously when Hughes went down the lines scrambled, but beyond that I mean?

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
          I do not know about you, but I think we will climb out at the BIG tourney so we can be the absolute worst team to ever make the NCAAs. Records are still records. All we need is one more win* in a weekend (on the road) than we were able to get collectively the entire season home and away
          I look at it this way: The odds are probably several million times better that happens vs. me winning the powerball.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post

*Not counting shootout wins because duh
            The team's goal is to become the first team to win the NCAA's with single digit wins. They want ESPN to make a 30 for 30 about them. 9-28-4, NCAA champs. Has a nice ring to it.

This team when looking at the whole picture has dominated on home ice.....2 wins and 3 ties.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Seriously, I wonder if there if any staff changes would be in the works for the offseason. Eaves would be a fool not to deeply evaluate how he does business after this season. He has to realize his players' performance is on him.
              Someone will take the fall for this. I have little doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                The team's goal is to become the first team to win the NCAA's with single digit wins. They want ESPN to make a 30 for 30 about them. 9-28-4, NCAA champs. Has a nice ring to it.

This team when looking at the whole picture has dominated on home ice.....2 wins and 3 ties.
                Upside! UW is currently unable to lose 30 games this season of the minimum 35 games they will play this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                  Upside! UW is currently unable to lose 30 games this season of the minimum 35 games they will play this season.
                  I think this sentence sums it up.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                    I think this sentence sums it up.
                    You guys are all so negative. If the Badgers can somehow manage to come out a smidge ahead on the season vs. OSU and MI ST, they will likely end with a better winning percentage than 7 of the last 14 teams of current POWERHOUSE, Michigan Tech.

Judging by that, it's a pretty safe bet Bucky will be back on top within just 30 years.
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      You guys are all so negative. If the Badgers can somehow manage to come out a smidge ahead on the season vs. OSU and MI ST, they will likely end with a better winning percentage than 7 of the last 14 teams of current POWERHOUSE, Michigan Tech.

Judging by that, it's a pretty safe bet Bucky will be back on top within just 30 years.
                      This is an out of character remark from you. Confusion, head hurt, must lay down.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          Someone will take the fall for this. I have little doubt.
                          This actually makes me feel a little better about the future. It's almost like Eaves could go no where put up with the assistants unless be brings Butters back. The hires were a bit curious to start with, it's nothing personal against either one, I'd rather have some assistant who have coached at this level, or at least 1. I'd love to see Oz come back as the highest pd assistant coach in D1.

Comment

Hi All

I wanted to pass on a few notes from the fan council meeting that was held this past weekend.

The administration is aware of the attendance trends. They know that the numbers are trending down. They know that it has an impact on the general atmosphere of the game. They also know that student tickets are trending up and hope to find ways to continue that trend.

With that being said, when I asked the direct question of "At what point will the administration look at making a change in the coaching staff?" it was met with an expected "That isn't something that I can discuss with you at this time.".

So to put it out there for everyone that thinks that the administration is out of touch and/or that they don't care...I can assure you that at least some of them are aware of what is going on and are looking at ways to resolve some of the problems. I cannot say if a change in the coaching structure is one of the items that they are looking at.

Also, it was shown that most other sports will be seeing a small increase in ticket prices (I believe football, basketball, volleyball, women's hockey). Those sports will see minor increases in the per ticket and per season ticket packages, but these changes will still keep UW in the middle third in terms of ticket prices compared to the rest of the BIG conference. Men's hockey will not be seeing a price change.

I will be attending one more meeting in April that will conclude my 1-year commitment. Feel free to send any items my way and I will do what I can to bring them up for open discussion or one-on-one discussion as necessary.

I would highly encourage any other fans to submit their application when the time comes. It is a unique insight into the workings of the athletic department and is a chance to have your voice heard by representatives from various parts of the athletic department (concessions, gameday environment, video production, administration).

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                              Nice spin control. Not. No freaking excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                This actually makes me feel a little better about the future. It's almost like Eaves could go no where put up with the assistants unless be brings Butters back. The hires were a bit curious to start with, it's nothing personal against either one, I'd rather have some assistant who have coached at this level, or at least 1. I'd love to see Oz come back as the highest pd assistant coach in D1.
                                That sounds wonderful, but I doubt OZ comes back to the college level as an assistant. I would go as far as saying 0%, but there is always that slim chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X