Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXII: No Where To Go But Up!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXII: No Where To Go But Up!

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
    I was told by a reliable source that Phil's signs now STAY at the Kohl Center; he can't bring them in and out anymore. He has to go somewhere and sign off for them each game and then bring them back.
    I've heard a lot of dumb things in my time but this one ranks right up there. A fan as loyal and reliable as that is someone who should be catered to, not treated as if he's toting a Kalashnikov around the barn. In the next attempt to do everything an administration should not do, some khaki and polo wearing struntz will probably propose replacing banners with an electronic ring of honor. Oh, wait.
    I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
      I was told by a reliable source that Phil's signs now STAY at the Kohl Center; he can't bring them in and out anymore. He has to go somewhere and sign off for them each game and then bring them back.

He is a dangerous man after all: has the ability to get crowds to follow him.
      So he has 2 sets, one for the men and one for the women? It would not surprise me with the anal anti-fun police at the door.

Speaking of anti-fun police, at a women's game earlier this year we got yelled at for pounding the glass. We were told it was dangerous. I was in such shock I could not respond. It has not happened since, getting yelled at anyway. I have a response ready now....

Speaking of pounding the glass, I recall at a PSU game ALL the glass was being pounded at some point in the game.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Honestly, doesn't it just seem simpler all around for both Phil and security to just keep the numbers at the KC? Does it have to be The Man keeping Phil down?

Speaking of The Man...

A $63,000 suite comes with 16 tickets but only THREE parking passes. What's up with that, Barry? Do you think I'm freaking made of Escalades?
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Honestly, doesn't it just seem simpler all around for both Phil and security to just keep the numbers at the KC? Does it have to be The Man keeping Phil down?
          Please rephrase question so it isn't a non sequitur.
          I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

A $63,000 suite
            Out of curiosity what does this dollar figure include? Use of the suite for every event at the Kohl Center? Or just hockey? Are food and beverage extra costs or included?

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
              Please rephrase question so it isn't a non sequitur.
              The KC has a policy against signs that nobody likes, but it's the policy. Rather than have each gate security person be able to identify Phil on sight, or have Phil explain his signs are within the rules, or exempted, ( I don't know as I haven't measured Phil's signs, but I think they are within the rules) Or have a mix up and have Phil try to explain who he is to security, (something I really doubt he wants to do) or have a guy in line behind Phil saying "How come he gets a sign and I don't?! ATTICA! ATTICA!" every game... perhaps it's simply less hassle for everyone including Phil to keep Phil's numbers at the KC. Also he doesn't have to ever wonder if he remembered them.

That could certainly be wrong, but it seems a reasonable alternative explanation.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                Out of curiosity what does this dollar figure include? Use of the suite for every event at the Kohl Center? Or just hockey? Are food and beverage extra costs or included?
                Use of the suite for pretty much any event, 16 tickets to Men's and Women's BB and Men's Hockey, food and beverages are a la carte, and it's a minimum 3 year commitment to lease.
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

The KC has a policy against signs that nobody likes, but it's the policy. Rather than have each gate security person be able to identify Phil on sight, or have Phil explain his signs are within the rules, or exempted, ( I don't know as I haven't measured Phil's signs, but I think they are within the rules) Or have a mix up and have Phil try to explain who he is to security, (something I really doubt he wants to do) or have a guy in line behind Phil saying "How come he gets a sign and I don't?! ATTICA! ATTICA!" every game... perhaps it's simply less hassle for everyone including Phil to keep Phil's numbers at the KC. Also he doesn't have to ever wonder if he remembered them.

That could certainly be wrong, but it seems a reasonable alternative explanation.

Solid points.

Comment

I thinks its Eaves fault! Or they could ask a local rink manager how he handled security

Oh nevermind, I am just ignorant, carry on.
                    Last edited by WiscTJK; 02-26-2015, 12:06 PM.
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I heard from someone in the ticket office that they have offered him tickets to do what he does, but he refused to not pay for his tickets. Instead, they dropped any convenience fees or processing charges or whatever you want to call those things.

Comment

Not sure if any of you are coming to Ann Arbor for this weekend's series- but game times are not exactly usual- Friday is our normal 7:35 face off, but Saturday's face off is 4pm.

If you are coming- safe travels.

Comment

It's a great day for hockey! It's redemption weekend for the lads, let's give the wovlerettes a taste of their own medicine.

Projected lineup
                          F Joseph LaBate-Adam Rockwood-Jedd Soleway
                          F Morgan Zulinick-Cameron Hughes-Grant Besse
                          F Brad Navin-Ryan Wagner-Corbin McGuire
                          F Aidan Cavallini-Matt Paape-Jason Ford
                          D Eddie Wittchow-Jack Dougherty
                          D Kevin Schulze-Jake Linhart
                          D Tim Davison-Chase Drake
                          G Rumpel
                          Injury update: LW Matt Ustaski (foot) is out.

TV: FSW tonight, B6 tomorrow.

Let's go RED!

Comment

It IS a Great Day for Hockey!

Michigan sports a 10-2 home record and it's going to be quite a challenge to get points on the weekend. But Rumps played well last weekend and I do think we're actually a little better on a smaller sheet. Probably because even though the game is faster, speed is less of an issue in a smaller space.

We're big underdogs but honestly, what's there to be afraid of? Certainly not these cuddly-wuddly guys:

Let's go Red!!!
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

It IS a Great Day for Hockey!

Michigan sports a 10-2 home record and it's going to be quite a challenge to get points on the weekend. But Rumps played well last weekend and I do think we're actually a little better on a smaller sheet. Probably because even though the game is faster, speed is less of an issue in a smaller space.

We're big underdogs but honestly, what's there to be afraid of? Certainly not these cuddly-wuddly guys:

Let's go Red!!!
                              Looks like a wombat.

I do think the smaller rink help's UW in the D zone as in less territory to lose your guy on. Hopefully the small rink also helps Soleway and the other physical guys to smash some corn colored jerseys into creamed corn.

I'm doing a double header the hard way, going to the gals game tonight and then watching the dvr of the lads when I get home. I encourage all the men's fans who are in driving distance to check out the gals tonight.

Let's to RED X 2.

Comment

Following up on my earlier post, thank-you to those that I was able to work purchases/trades with so far but unfortunately no trades for Tech jerseys... yet. Still about a dozen Badgers sweaters remaining. At least one of you much know a Tech fan with a gamer in their possession so let's make this happen.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me (info@johnsonsjerseys.net). If by chance any of you have a Michigan Tech game worn jersey, I would be happy to work out a trade with you. Other D-I teams would be considered as well. I am open to offers on the remaining jerseys. Just drop me a line and I'll discuss it with the owner. The worst they can say is "no thanks".

Ryan J

Direct link to Badgers photos (scroll down to the bottom and you can click on the thumbnails to see larger versions):
                                http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/hockey/ncaa/wcha/

$795 1970s Road 11 Unknown Rawlings 46, 10+ repairs
                                $695 2002-04 Home 14 Gilbert, Tom Adidas (SP) 54 2 repairs, good stick marks
                                $595 2007-08 Home 13 Bendickson, A. Adidas 56, 6 repairs, heavy wear
                                $595 2007-08 Road 14 Grotting, Ben Adidas 56, very good wear, stick marks
                                $495 2008-09 Home 8 Turnbull, Podge Adidas 56, heavy stick mark across chest
                                $495 2008-09 Home 18 Murray, Jordy Adidas 56, 3 repairs, heavy wear & pilling
                                $495 2008-09 Home 20 Little, Ryan Adidas 56, light stick marks
                                $495 2008-09 Home 24 Mitchell, John Adidas 56, great wear
                                $495 2008-09 Road 3 Johnson, Craig Adidas 56, heavy stick marks
                                $595 2008-09 Road 7 Smith, Brendan Adidas 56, slices in sleeve
                                $495 2008-09 Road 14 Grotting, Ben Adidas 56, huge "L" repair, stick marks
                                $595 2009-10 Home 16 Dolan, Sean Adidas 56 FROZEN FOUR PATCHED, stick marks
                                $595 2009-10 Road 33 Bennett, Brett Adidas 58G photomatched vs CC, stick / puck marks
                                Road = Red, Home=White
                                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X