Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

  1. #1
    pawn in game of life
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Office
    Posts
    5,652

    Angry SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

    SCSU is coming off a must needed sweep. Denver was swept by Nebraska-Omaha.

    If history prevails, this will be a split series even though SCSU needs to start sweeping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterman View Post
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

    "No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

  2. #2
    Falling on fans at NHC since 2001
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,220

    Re: SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

    No love lost between these two teams.

  3. #3
    Falling on fans at NHC since 2001
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,220

    Re: SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

    113 views and 1 reply. Quite a few people interested in this series, but apparently not interested enough to contribute to any kind of conversation.

    Figures. Denver fans probably have nothing to say because they know their team's season is going to be pretty much finished after this weekend. No Sam Brittain to save them from irrelevance now. Just the undeniable realization that their program screwed up majorly by letting Gwoz leave.

    SCSU SWEEP
    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

  4. #4
    Like-Minded Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Behind enemy lines
    Posts
    1,285

    Re: SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

    Denver isn't a part of NCHC.tv are they? How do I watch these games?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Monks, Iowa
    Posts
    6,958

    Re: SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

    Quote Originally Posted by Pump It Up View Post
    Denver isn't a part of NCHC.tv are they? How do I watch these games?
    ROOT.

    Although I think one of the two games will be on NCHC.tv
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

    Best USCHO quotes to date:

    "UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

    "It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

    "I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The good part of Colorado (not the 'Springs)
    Posts
    500

    Re: SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

    DU should rebound after last weekend's snafu in Nebraska. That, combined with the shock waves still being felt around here from the Sunday performance of the Colorado NFL franchise .... We need some glimmer of hope this week. I can't see the Huskies getting 2 wins. It should be a light crowd, surprise surprise.
    I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Monks, Iowa
    Posts
    6,958

    Re: SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

    Quote Originally Posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
    DU should rebound after last weekend's snafu in Nebraska. That, combined with the shock waves still being felt around here from the Sunday performance of the Colorado NFL franchise .... We need some glimmer of hope this week. I can't see the Huskies getting 2 wins. It should be a light crowd, surprise surprise.
    Didn't see the DU @ UNO series, but I feel like Omaha is a good team that's been fortunate to get some of their results. There's no way that watching the hockey played we deserved to get swept there, wouldn't be surprised if the same can be said for DU.

    I expect a split but honestly if one team were to get 4 or more points, I actually like SCSU's chances more than DU's. That being said, no result would shock me… other than SCSU getting 5 points, 'cause that'd require a shootout win.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

    Best USCHO quotes to date:

    "UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

    "It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

    "I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

  8. #8
    Jesus saves! UNO shoots! They score
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Papillion, NE
    Posts
    1,985

    Re: SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

    Quote Originally Posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Didn't see the DU @ UNO series, but I feel like Omaha is a good team that's been fortunate to get some of their results. There's no way that watching the hockey played we deserved to get swept there, wouldn't be surprised if the same can be said for DU.

    I expect a split but honestly if one team were to get 4 or more points, I actually like SCSU's chances more than DU's. That being said, no result would shock me… other than SCSU getting 5 points, 'cause that'd require a shootout win.
    I don't know what your definition of "fortunate" is, but, rallying to win after being down 3-0 with 5:31 left in the 2nd one night (with your 3rd string goalie playing the last half of the game, starting with the moment when you actually went down 3-0) and them winning 1-0 the next night with your 2nd string goalie in the net replacing your Hobey-Baker-candidate starting goalie isn't "fortunate" in my book. There is another word for this, but, "fortunate" would not be my word of choice.

    UNO's freshman class has scored more points (66) than that of any other D-1 team's freshman class in the nation.

  9. #9
    Falling on fans at NHC since 2001
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,220

    Re: SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Cows View Post
    I don't know what your definition of "fortunate" is, but, rallying to win after being down 3-0 with 5:31 left in the 2nd one night (with your 3rd string goalie playing the last half of the game, starting with the moment when you actually went down 3-0) and them winning 1-0 the next night with your 2nd string goalie in the net replacing your Hobey-Baker-candidate starting goalie isn't "fortunate" in my book. There is another word for this, but, "fortunate" would not be my word of choice.

    UNO's freshman class has scored more points (66) than that of any other D-1 team's freshman class in the nation.
    I think his definition in this instance is winning a game that you were outplayed in. That happens sometimes in hockey.

    What does UNO's freshman class scoring have anything to do with the things being discussed here?
    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    357

    Re: SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Cows View Post
    I don't know what your definition of "fortunate" is, but, rallying to win after being down 3-0 with 5:31 left in the 2nd one night (with your 3rd string goalie playing the last half of the game, starting with the moment when you actually went down 3-0) and them winning 1-0 the next night with your 2nd string goalie in the net replacing your Hobey-Baker-candidate starting goalie isn't "fortunate" in my book. There is another word for this, but, "fortunate" would not be my word of choice.

    UNO's freshman class has scored more points (66) than that of any other D-1 team's freshman class in the nation.
    I think you have SCSUEuro confused as a Denver fan. I believe he was talking about the SCSU/UNO Friday night - shots 49 - 23.
    He even says in his comment that he didn't see the DU/UNO series- based on what he saw UNO vs SCSU.

    The Saturday boxscore against Denver would seem to indicate you supporting his argument. Being outplayed and playing your second string goalie and still winning would seem pretty fortunate to most people. Just like a lot of people in St. Cloud thought Bob was crazy playing our second string Reilola and even though we outplayed them we still felt fortunate to hold on and beat Miami Saturday night.
    Last edited by hockeykrazy; 01-13-2015 at 07:46 AM.

  11. #11
    Time For 9 du78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    N. Merrick, NY
    Posts
    26,445

    Re: SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

    TV Schedule

    Friday - ROOT Sports

    Saturday - Live stream on Pio Vision and NCHC.TV
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

    DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

    DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

    MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD


    Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

  12. #12
    I am the Ginger Ninja! dubbie31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Fraggle Rock
    Posts
    5,994

    Re: SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

    The UNO/Denver series may have been a season definer for both teams. We can only hope it doesn't start a complete collapse for the year. Denver can still make this season a good one if they can recover, but time is running out.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Monks, Iowa
    Posts
    6,958

    Re: SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

    For the record, I was not saying UNO is a bad team. In fact, to this point of the season I think they've been better than my club. But yes I feel they have had fortune go their way a few times and I also feel they are fortunate to be ahead of the likes of North Dakota, Duluth and Miami to this point, all 3 of which I think have been better than UNO.

    As far as Denver and St. Cloud go, these two teams play 4 more times before the end of the season. That's 12 points sitting out there, and I doubt the loser of this 4-game series gets home ice. Honestly, neither might. I wanna win 2 series in a row but if we win Friday I feel Denver's too good and too desperate to lose again on Saturday. Even with a runny nose I smell a split.

  14. #14
    I am the Ginger Ninja! dubbie31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Fraggle Rock
    Posts
    5,994
    Quote Originally Posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    For the record, I was not saying UNO is a bad team. In fact, to this point of the season I think they've been better than my club. But yes I feel they have had fortune go their way a few times and I also feel they are fortunate to be ahead of the likes of North Dakota, Duluth and Miami to this point, all 3 of which I think have been better than UNO.

    As far as Denver and St. Cloud go, these two teams play 4 more times before the end of the season. That's 12 points sitting out there, and I doubt the loser of this 4-game series gets home ice. Honestly, neither might. I wanna win 2 series in a row but if we win Friday I feel Denver's too good and too desperate to lose again on Saturday. Even with a runny nose I smell a split.
    I think I agree with you

  15. #15
    Jesus saves! UNO shoots! They score
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Papillion, NE
    Posts
    1,985

    Re: SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

    Quote Originally Posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    For the record, I was not saying UNO is a bad team. In fact, to this point of the season I think they've been better than my club. But yes I feel they have had fortune go their way a few times and I also feel they are fortunate to be ahead of the likes of North Dakota, Duluth and Miami to this point, all 3 of which I think have been better than UNO.

    As far as Denver and St. Cloud go, these two teams play 4 more times before the end of the season. That's 12 points sitting out there, and I doubt the loser of this 4-game series gets home ice. Honestly, neither might. I wanna win 2 series in a row but if we win Friday I feel Denver's too good and too desperate to lose again on Saturday. Even with a runny nose I smell a split.
    That wasn't the way I was taking it either. The point I was trying to make is that UNO hasn't been fortunate, really,--they've been pretty darn good with a few stinkers I expected (for such a young team)--On the backs of that freshman class that leads the NCAA's in freshmen scoring. I don't think a fortunate team wins games like I described. I think you have to be pretty good, in general, to win games in those situations I described.

    Definitely not trying to pick a fight here.

  16. #16
    pawn in game of life
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Office
    Posts
    5,652

    Re: SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

    Game Day!

    Who is not that really excited!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterman View Post
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

    "No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

  17. #17
    Falling on fans at NHC since 2001
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady wore Black View Post
    Game Day!

    Who is not that really excited!?
    I am very excited to not be able to watch this game tonight

  18. #18
    Rebuilding
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    12,185

    Re: SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

    Stick a fork in this season, this team is done.
    Play so well against Miami and then lay eggs like that both nights...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •