Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bad Cop, Bad Cop, Whatcha gonna do?

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    So you're getting on walrus' case for putting words in your mouth exactly one post after you just did the same thing with this?
    I'm not putting words in anyone's mouth.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    The StL case: given what we know, the cop acted correctly. He neutralized the threat. A tragedy, no doubt. A life was lost. I believe he acted correctly.
    The NY case: given that the ME said the hold (call it a chokehold, call it whatever you want) was NOT the cause of death, then despite what I think of that particular law (the loosie law), the cops acted correctly.
    The CLE case: He should be held accountable, as from what we know, he was in the wrong and acted very irresponsibly.
    I've never excused an unjust killing. That CLE cop should never have been on the force; that was a horrible incident with that kid.
    Sorry to pick on Brent, but that was in this thread. I'm sure I can find more by checking the other thread.

Notice that his focus is on one cop, who "never should have been on the force" anyway. Well, it turns out that it was more than just that one cop, after all...

That was my point. Not that "all cops are bad".

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Not once did Brent (or anyone else) say, he was the only bad cop out there, so yes, you are.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

So how many are? What would you estimate to be the percentage of cops nationwide that are "bad"?
        "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
        Groucho Marx
        "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
        Ron White
        "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
        Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
          So how many are? What would you estimate to be the percentage of cops nationwide that are "bad"?
          Same as all humans: 10 percent.

Humanity basically breaks down along the 1:8:1 rule. 10% stupid, 10% intelligent, 80% average. 10% saint, 10% sociopath, 80% average.

Why would cops be any different?

According to this, there are 900k sworn police officers in the US. So, 90k bad cops.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

My mistake. I forgot that there are no bad cops. It's just that "white guilt" kicking in again. Must have felt pangs after seeing a 14-year old girl knocked to the ground, cuffed and then forced to watch as her younger brother died. I have since taken my Soma and am just fine now.

Everything is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Same as all humans: 10 percent.

Humanity basically breaks down along the 1:8:1 rule. 10% stupid, 10% intelligent, 80% average. 10% saint, 10% sociopath, 80% average.

Why would cops be any different?

According to this, there are 900k sworn police officers in the US. So, 90k bad cops.
              Never took stats in school but I would have pulled out 2.5% as the answer. Two standard deviations collecting 95% of the population, etc.
              "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
              Groucho Marx
              "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
              Ron White
              "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
              Milo Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                That's exactly what I said
                Correct.

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                  Never took stats in school but I would have pulled out 2.5% as the answer. Two standard deviations collecting 95% of the population, etc.
                  I was actually going to go with 1 sd (16/68/16) but I didn't want to clutter it.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sorry to pick on Brent, but that was in this thread. I'm sure I can find more by checking the other thread.

Notice that his focus is on one cop, who "never should have been on the force" anyway. Well, it turns out that it was more than just that one cop, after all...

You forgot to bold the "From what we know" (which, at THIS time, we have more information).

Keep derping, though.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

You forgot to bold the "From what we know" (which, at THIS time, we have more information).

Keep derping, though.
                      Everything is awesome!

Comment

Everything is awesome!
                        Remember the Duke case, where the initial info had all but convicted the players? Then, you know, MORE info came out and things went completely sideways?

Huh. Amazing at how a lack of info/learning of more info changes things.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Remember the Duke case, where the initial info had all but convicted the players? Then, you know, MORE info came out and things went completely sideways?

Huh. Amazing at how a lack of info/learning of more info changes things.
                          Yeah, we learned how awesome it was that the police tackled and handcuffed a 14 year old girl.

Comment

Yeah, we learned how awesome it was that the police tackled and handcuffed a 14 year old girl.
                            And with that new information, I will say that more than just the original cop should be punished. Again, based on this new information only. See how this works?

Comment

And with that new information, I will say that more than just the original cop should be punished. Again, based on this new information only. See how this works?
                              Awesome!

Comment

NOT related to the CLE thing. I stress that:

http://www.policeone.com/use-of-forc...nario-training

Comment

Working...
                                X