Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bad Cop, Bad Cop, Whatcha gonna do?

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15vqUf6H-po

Go to 1:38 and stop it; look beside the "9" in "Camera 29" (you may have to go full screen as the resolution not great):

There's the guy who raised a handgun and pointed it at a cop at close range.

But but but he's the victim of bad police action! RACISM! Stop blaming the victim!
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15vqUf6H-po

Go to 1:38 and stop it; look beside the "9" in "Camera 29" (you may have to go full screen as the resolution not great):

There's the guy who raised a handgun and pointed it at a cop at close range.
      And then they freeze frame it, and given how far it is from the camera, you don't know which is which. I understand the whole concept of sensitivity towards assassinations, but the addition of that context would help, as we already know which party died.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. The point is that we have another round of protests. One of the ACLUs was live streaming another one of these protests last night, and although they kept trying to claim it was about all races, it seemed quite divided.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        But but but he's the victim of bad police action! RACISM! Stop blaming the victim!
        Point a gun (toy, loaded, unloaded, broken) at a cop and you should expect to be dropped like a bad habit.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
          Point a gun (toy, loaded, unloaded, broken) at a cop and you should expect to be dropped like a bad habit.
          You don't even need one, just find the "good" one that will drop you for looking at him/her the wrong way. And then the cop will get a paid vacation out of it.

Perhaps Lewis Carroll's poem from "Through the Looking-Glass" and recited in "Alice in Wonderland" is coming to fruition. Why IS the sea boiling hot, anyway?

Comment

Cops turn their back to NY mayor at funeral. Rent airplane for banner to let everyone in NY see how they feel.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...ushpmg00000013
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Cops turn their back to NY mayor at funeral. Rent airplane for banner to let everyone in NY see how they feel.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...ushpmg00000013
              So I guess they only "protect and serve" the 27% of voters who didn't support the mayor....

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                You don't even need one, just find the "good" one that will drop you for looking at him/her the wrong way. And then the cop will get a paid vacation out of it.

Perhaps Lewis Carroll's poem from "Through the Looking-Glass" and recited in "Alice in Wonderland" is coming to fruition. Why IS the sea boiling hot, anyway?
                Somebody answer that 'phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  So I guess they only "protect and serve" the 27% of voters who didn't support the mayor....
                  And choke out the rest.

Comment

The boys and girls basketball teams from Mendocino High School (California) had their invitations to a tournament at Fort Bragg High rescinded because they might possibly wear "I Can't Breathe" t-shirts during pregame warmups, according to The Guardian, though the boys team was later had their invitation reinstated.

Following in the footsteps of their professional counterparts, both teams wore the t-shirts pregame on December 16th, when they played at Fort Bragg High. The girls team also wore them at two other tournaments. Despite the fact that the teams had worn the t-shirts numerous time with no incident—including on the Fort Bragg High campus, where the tournament will take place starting Monday—the Fort Bragg principal banned them as a "security precaution"
                    Riiiiight. Security precaution.

I guess the First Amendment right to free speech doesn't apply to everyone.
                    (and yes, this would be a First Amendment case because we are dealing with the government)

Oh, and before anyone gets ideas that the one boy standing his ground in this case is some granola hippie who hates cops...

That’s how Marc Woods, whose 16-year-old son Connor plans to sit out the tournament, sees it. Connor wore the T-shirt at the Dec. 16 game in the name of team solidarity, but “now that’s become a First Amendment violation, that’s what he is fired up about,” the father said.

Woods, whose father was a California Highway Patrol officer, said he is outraged by what he sees as using intimidation to silence players and fans. Fort Bragg administrators have warned spectators who plan to protest the T-shirt ban that they will be asked to leave, he said.

“It doesn’t take a lot to suppress the exchange of ideas when you put fear into it,” Woods said.
                    http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...athe-t-shirts/

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post

Riiiiight. Security precaution.

I guess the First Amendment right to free speech doesn't apply to everyone.
                      (and yes, this would be a First Amendment case because we are dealing with the government)

Oh, and before anyone gets ideas that the one boy standing his ground in this case is some granola hippie who hates cops...

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...athe-t-shirts/
                      High schools have rules against all kinds of shirts not just I can't breathe shirts. So their first amendment rights were taken away long before this latest outrage

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        High schools have rules against all kinds of shirts not just I can't breathe shirts. So their first amendment rights were taken away long before this latest outrage
                        They wore them last week and no one complained.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          They wore them last week and no one complained.
                          So? They made a new rule. Kids are told to turn their controversial t shirts inside out or go home all the time. It happened at my kids school on a regular basis. The dress code is a book there.

Comment

Lol. Priceless forgets about the how things work when it doesn't fit his narrative.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              So? They made a new rule. Kids are told to turn their controversial t shirts inside out or go home all the time. It happened at my kids school on a regular basis. The dress code is a book there.
                              Tinker vs Des Moines.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Maybe the Rev Sharpton will show up

Comment

Working...
                                X